Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Dabo Swinney knows best way to affect change is through his players, not his words
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

TNET: Dabo Swinney knows best way to affect change is through his players, not his words

Jun 2, 2020, 8:01 AM

Dabo Swinney knows best way to affect change is through his players, not his words

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney usually doesn’t hold back when he’s talking passionately about something, but on Monday’s conference call with the media his comments were unusually subdued. And that made them perfect considering the events of the past few weeks. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Dabo Swinney knows best way to affect change is through his players, not his words

Jun 2, 2020, 8:23 AM

Article is not very well written. It just jumbled bits and pieces from the press conference to explain a perceived message that TNet thinks Dabo was trying to portray.

Let the transcript speak for itself.

Re: TNET: Dabo Swinney knows best way to affect change is through his players, not his words

Jun 2, 2020, 9:07 AM

I agree that it’s better to listen than to speak. I also wholeheartedly agree that the ultimate way to experience change is through a relationship with Jesus. I love Dabo. I think the players love him.
One thing I’ve been hearing is that the African American community desires for those who have a platform to speak up and lead through their influence. Tell me a more influential person at Clemson University or in the City of Clemson...
What kind of message would be sent if Dabo led the team to kneel at the top of the hill as a symbol of solidarity and a call for change? That would make headlines.
The players need Dabo to use his energy and vision to lead in ways they cannot.
I’m not saying I can see what happens behind closed doors and I’m hopeful that when he says “we must come together” will have more action behind it as everyone moves forward.

Jun 2, 2020, 9:37 AM

I think everyone is looking for a national voice or another MLK to show up and lead the one voice. However Dabo is right, we do live in a fallen world and the bible clearly teaches that it will get worse before the Anti-Christ shows up. The term is used as the world is waxing worse and worse. If we as Christian are not constantly submitting to the Spirit, this means recognizing that the new creation(the person you were is dead and the new person is now alive in Christ) then we are capable of seeing things from our own worldly thoughts and experiences which leads to walking and speaking like the world who is controlled by the prince of this world. So my advice to ones who want to make change then listen and be guided by the Spirit which produces the fruits of the Spirit( and not talking about how many people you have led to Christ, this is a lie from the pulpit that leads to defeated believers). The fruits are Love, Peace, patience, kindness, forgiveness, not self loathing, ect. These are things that if demonstrated not by just trying to will it in your own strength, but allowing God to work through us.This starts by waking up every morning and saying Christ I choose you and my life is yours and watch the change.

Your headline is grammatically incorrect--

Jun 2, 2020, 9:17 AM

you "effect" change. You don't "affect" change.

You probably should've learned that before now.

Try again... he used it as a verb - affect is a verb

Jun 2, 2020, 10:52 AM

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/affect-vs-effect/

Lol your own link shows that he is right, its one of the

Jun 2, 2020, 11:42 AM

exceptions

Effect as a Verb
Effect as a verb means to bring about. It usually shows up with nouns like “change” or “solutions.”

The protesters wanted to effect change in the corrupt government.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you even read the link you posted?***

Jun 3, 2020, 7:30 AM [ in reply to Try again... he used it as a verb - affect is a verb ]

Re: Your headline is grammatically incorrect--

Jun 2, 2020, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Your headline is grammatically incorrect-- ]

I think what we're looking for here is "effectuate change", to bring change about. "Affect" change is to assume that the change exists. "Effect" change is just wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Your headline is grammatically incorrect--

Jun 2, 2020, 8:51 PM

Effect, that’s the one my wife uses, it’s just wrong..... ????

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jesus, man. Just Google it if you don't know. I can't teach

Jun 9, 2020, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Your headline is grammatically incorrect-- ]

a grammar lesson to everyone on this board.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic