Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Cotton Bowl Notebook: Players, coaches react to Lawrence suspension
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

TNET: Cotton Bowl Notebook: Players, coaches react to Lawrence suspension

Dec 26, 2018, 12:23 PM

Cotton Bowl Notebook: Players, coaches react to Lawrence suspension

Clemson and Notre Dame players and coaches took center stage at the Cotton Bowl breakout sessions early Wednesday morning, and much of the reaction centered on the suspension of three Clemson football players. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love the guys quote re Renfrow. Definitely true!

Dec 26, 2018, 1:42 PM

n/m

Re: TNET: Cotton Bowl Notebook: Players, coaches react to Lawrence suspension

Dec 26, 2018, 1:47 PM

I've never met big Dex face to face, and all that I know about him is what I read here or other sites. I watch him in his interviews with T-Net, I watch him play in the games, and I can say that he is a #### of a FB player, and I will say that I absolutely 100% believe him if he says that he didn't take anything that he knew that he wasn't suppose to take that is against the rules. Personally, I don't believe that Dex needs anything to boost the way he plays the game bc he has all the God given gifts that an athlete needs to play FB, and he does his job well enough that he doesn't need to risk all that he has worked for by knowingly taking an illegal substance that he knows that they test for. I just don't believe that he is that stupid. And this situation has consumed a lot of my thoughts since this has happen to him, and I just feel so sorry for the guy. This is an instance that the NCAA is harming a undeserving guy that I believe is totally innocent. If they have rules that can harm the guilty, why don't they have rules to protect the ones that are innocent. So their rule should be, no punishment until after a second test has tested positive, and that would be the way to protect the innocent!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2018, 4:00 PM

What kind of drug is the issue?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2018, 5:59 PM

Ostarine. It has been tried as a treatment for a # of conditions but has not been found to be good for anything yet. According to Wikipedia, a "in May 2017, Dynamic Technical Formulations voluntarily recalled all lots of Tri-Ton, a dietary supplement that the FDA tested and found to contain enobosarm (ostarine) and andarine. As I understand it, it is not a steroid but acts like one. Maybe some of this Tri-Ton is still around & being sold over the counter or they or they had an old bottle. One advertising page had Nick Hardwick - NFL Center - San Diego Chargers & Jeromey Clary - NFL Lineman - San Diego Chargers as users of Triton products but which one was not specified. Hopefully, the 2nd test will show negative.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2018, 6:36 PM

The B sample is probably going to test positive because there is probably a contaminant but the suspensions should be overturned on appeal...whenever that is. No athletes intentionally take this stuff. You'd have to take a ton of it to get any benefit whatsoever and it doesn't really do much to begin with, and it's always going to pop in a drug screen and the metabolites can stick around for a very long time in fat tissue.

Re: TNET: Cotton Bowl Notebook: Players, coaches react to Lawrence suspension***

Dec 26, 2018, 9:24 PM

Re: TNET: Cotton Bowl Notebook: Players, coaches react to Lawrence suspension***

Dec 26, 2018, 9:31 PM

The problem is no one distinguishes between a small amount of a substance that can easily be accidentally taken, and taking full blown steroids. It seems very obvious that in this situation the substance wasn't at a level that would give an athlete an advantage. Despite that the suspension will probably stand because of rules.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic