Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Comparing Bama and Clemson: Tide has a feeder system, Tigers are about family
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

TNET: Comparing Bama and Clemson: Tide has a feeder system, Tigers are about family

Jul 13, 2019, 8:01 AM

Comparing Bama and Clemson: Tide has a feeder system, Tigers are about family

Clemson and Alabama are the top two programs in college football these days, but head coaches Nick Saban of the Crimson Tide and Tiger head coach Dabo Swinney have gone about it in vastly different ways. Alabama is about the feeder system while Clemson is about family. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellent analysis of the two programs

Jul 13, 2019, 8:13 AM

I'm looking forward to the ACC network's debut and their analysts, including Eric Mac Lain and Roddy Jones.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Excellent analysis of the two programs

Jul 13, 2019, 8:43 AM

I agree. It will be great change!

ACC network is going to add some balance to the media mix.

Jul 13, 2019, 8:33 AM

That is a good thing.

Re: ACC network is going to add some balance to the media mix.

Jul 13, 2019, 9:35 AM

Exactly!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: ACC network is going to add some balance to the media mix.

Jul 13, 2019, 9:50 AM [ in reply to ACC network is going to add some balance to the media mix. ]

Hopefully once we get there. Swoff has stalled it as long as possible to protect his raycom buddies

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Comparing Bama and Clemson: Tide has a feeder system, Tigers are about family

Jul 13, 2019, 9:28 AM

And there you have it!
Go Tigers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Comparing Bama and Clemson: Tide has a feeder system, Tigers are about family

Jul 13, 2019, 9:37 AM

An interesting perspective. It hadn't occurred to me, but it's true. I know which programme I'd prefer to be a part of, and which programme I'm glad I cheer for.

Bama may be successful in turning kids into NFL ready players, but as this year's Draft shows, Clemson kids make it to "the Big Show" as well, and I would imagine that they enjoy the journey a lot more. There's a reason why Bama's kids are all 3 and outs, whereas ours come back for their Senior Year.

Clemson vs Alabama - Family vs Factory Bowl***

Jul 13, 2019, 10:09 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2019, 10:11 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2019, 10:16 AM

Dabo isn't going to ever have that sorta way about his program . His belief is that Clemson is special and requires a certain player with a certain temperament , and so not everyone can have a seat at the table .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 13, 2019, 10:36 AM

I personally think that we will separate ourselves from Alabama over the next 5 years. For a few years now we have been on par with them in recruiting when you look at the average rating for each recruit. I don't think that we will ever consistently out recruit them as a class since they work the system and normally have more recruits.

Anyhow, now that we are starting at the same point in the development out of high school, and have no really weak position in terms of recruiting, it will come down to coaching and development. I believe that we hold a strong advantage in those 2 areas.

To me part of the feeder vs family argument shows in their phylosophies on playing the back ups. At Alabama you are expected to wait your turn and don't expect to see the field except for extreme mop up duty. At Clemson, our young men are included in meaningful snaps as soon as they are ready. The back ups, back ups are the ones that see mop up duty, and our fans enjoy giving them recognition and respect for all of the work that we know that they do behind the scenes to prepare themselves and the rest of the team. There always seems to be crowd favorites, and in the blow outs, some of the largest cheers are when those guys make a play to get into the box score.

Right now, one of those guys seems to be Will Swinney, which I am very happy with. Not because he is the coach's son, but because I think that he plays one of the most under appreciated positions the rest of the time as the holder on field goals.

I do not see Alabama taking a step back, but I believe that we will continue to get better, which is really bad news for Bama, much less anyone else. I certainly agree that, "The Best is Yet to Come".

Jul 13, 2019, 12:27 PM

Great post, couldn’t have said it better myself!

The BEST is yet to COME!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 13, 2019, 12:29 PM

I really appreciate this article giving shout out to Isaiah Simmons; he is an asset that will be missed. I really hope that Travis and Tee would have inclinations to return for senior years, but that will be their decisions in 6 months. All I can do is hope and enjoy their fantastic season this year. Reload. Spot the ball already!

Jul 13, 2019, 12:34 PM

I think that both schools are equally feeder systems for the NFL, but at Clemson if a kid needs or wants to improve their skills and get better before they make that step to the next level, at Clemson they feel better about doing that bc it is a loving and exceptional caring atmosphere where another year in Dabo's system is welcoming and comfortable with their team mates and the school. Because of Dabo's character and love for the kids coming in that he has hand picked is the very reason that Clemson FB is what it is and where it is today!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The best part of Dabo's approach........

Jul 13, 2019, 1:18 PM

.....is his focus on the long haul and where the men who play for him are going to be when they are 30 and 40 years old. Sports are great, of course. And maybe 15 guys a year keep playing after college. But most every person is going to be 30 or 40 and doing something else with their lives. Most every person is going to get married, have kids, buy a house, be a neighbor, go to church and have a chance to be productive members of their community. Even the best athletes are going to get older. Taking that long range approach is terrific.

Think about how great we all feel about the young men playing ball for Clemson now. They aren't angels, of course. But a big majority of them come across as folks you'd like your daughter to marry or to be your neighbor, or a peer in your workplace or maybe a city council type? They mostly seem to be a long way from just being a jock.

Dabo's approach is the best one. And it doesn't hurt that it sells to most families who are wanting their kid to be going strong at 45, well educated, well connected and serving the communities where they live.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2019, 2:40 PM

:)

If 44-16 doesn't tell you everything you need to know...

Jul 13, 2019, 2:48 PM

about the difference, we have the only coach in the nation Bama fans want. If that doesn't mean anything, they would fire Saban tonight if Dabo would agree to take his place for 15 mil/yr.

If Dabo told them he wanted a cool lump sum of one billion dollars they'd be asking ESPiN to co-sign the note.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alabama turns out fine NFL players. Clemson turns out fine

Jul 13, 2019, 3:21 PM

men, many of whom are great NFL players.

Jul 13, 2019, 3:55 PM

Great analysis by Roddy, the number that is mind boggling is we have only lost 3 assistants in 11 years one became a head coach, one retired and one to the NFL

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2019, 4:27 PM

Bama is win at all costs. They over sign and gray shirt, toss the underachieving players away.

Where did they find an 5' announcer to introduce Saban?***

Jul 13, 2019, 8:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic