Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Cold weather not a factor as Tigers freeze Eagles
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

TNET: Cold weather not a factor as Tigers freeze Eagles

Nov 11, 2018, 11:01 AM

Cold weather not a factor as Tigers freeze Eagles

Despite what the national pundits and College GameDay hosts wanted college football fans to believe, the weather wasn’t a factor Saturday night. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only the talking heads wanted to pretend this was an issue

Nov 11, 2018, 11:10 AM

A bunch of young men who are in better physical condition than 99.9% of the population aren't going to be bothered by a chilly night. And what was up with Desmond Howard using this as a reason to pick BC? Sometimes I wonder about that guy's mental capacity.

Re: TNET: Cold weather not a factor as Tigers freeze Eagles

Nov 11, 2018, 11:19 AM

Truth be known, the temperature in Clemson at game time was within a degree or two of what it was (and still is as of this post) at game time in Boston. E$PN has to make money by getting people to tune in and see the potential upset of Clemson. That’s their schtick. They do it to most teams except Alabama. On that front the sell is tune in and and watch the best down. Or in the case of yesterday’s game against MState, the robbery.

Nov 11, 2018, 12:28 PM

Yeah, I don’t believe for a moment ESPN’s really believed that the cold would be a factor but wind is a difference maker and sorry to disappoint but you do have to make adjustments for the cold, wind, humidity etc as it affects the football. Kicking mostly and longer passes too. And it did for Trevor- you could tell from his body language. He probably would benefit from playing catch with receivers at night in Tiger town with the cold temps.

Either he’s not being taught to put more air under the ball on deep patterns or what but yes we were a few plays from putting this one on ice early. However, that being said we got bigger problems than that.

I know Dabo is Dabo and love him for that but they’re some young guys that need the reps that tj chase gets. That’s just an example... not picking on tj. We better get our oline together quick before we talk about any playoff run.

Hard to believe they go up against the best DL in practice and get whipped like they do in games. In that respect, Desmond is right, we’re not a physical team and to buy in to the smoke sc/elliot blow is not watching film. They love to throw out run stats based on wake and Louisville but I sincerely hope they don’t buy their own rhetoric.

Is there some reason we can’t teach Trevor to throw quick slants when they’re bringing heat off the edges? Do we not have one te that can catch? I hope we’re just saving that for big boy teams... Dabo knows it but it’d be nice to show us fans a bone or two!!!

Go Tigers!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2018, 3:55 PM

And which college or pro scouting outfit are you with??? Really, how’s that armchair treating you?

Nov 11, 2018, 4:35 PM

No scout, just read what some of the Clemson press writes and talk about that actually do study the game film.

Don’t misread what I’m saying. It’s historical what we’re doing, phenomenal what Trevor already has done and is doing but when we get into the playoffs, our oline can’t afford to whif on any plays or bama will exploit it.

Really just repeating what Dabo himself says. He says we have to get better and I for one believe him. TA was getting beat all night and the OC’s didn’t adjust.

So instead of spewing hate towards my opinion, counter it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Worth Noting...

Nov 11, 2018, 4:14 PM

If I am not mistaken....
A win vs Duke not only makes them the winningnest Clemson Sr class ever, but...
Ties CFB's all time winningnest class.

Correct?

I don’t remember

Nov 11, 2018, 5:17 PM

The temperature of the miserable bowl game with WV in Miami but I do remember it being a cold, windy night. Was it more than 40 * that night?

Re: I don’t remember

Nov 11, 2018, 6:41 PM

What about the Peach Bowl in Atlanta in the 1970's vs Baylor? We lost and I have never been so cold in my life! The wind was ferocious..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don’t remember

Nov 12, 2018, 7:45 AM

I was at that game too. I remember freezing the entire game. I believe this stat is inaccurate

It was 45

Nov 12, 2018, 8:36 AM [ in reply to I don’t remember ]

https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/usa/miami/historic?month=1&year=2012

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic