Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson ranked No. 3 in final CFP rankings, bowl destination set
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson ranked No. 3 in final CFP rankings, bowl destination set

Dec 8, 2019, 12:26 PM

Clemson ranked No. 3 in final CFP rankings, bowl destination set

Clemson heads into the College Football Playoff 13-0 for a second-straight season in a fifth consecutive CFP appearance overall. They are one of three undefeateds and four conference champions in the 2019 field. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson ranked No. 3 in final CFP rankings, bowl destination set

Dec 8, 2019, 12:48 PM

OSU looked scared when they cut the video feed over to them after they announced they will play Clemson.

Dec 8, 2019, 1:01 PM

This feels like it should be the championship game rather than a semi. But oh well. Just go out there and curb stomp some buckeye @$$

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2019, 1:30 PM

No doubt, I believe this was an SEC set up to match LSWho up with what the committee believed to be the easiest matchup with the last team in the playoffs, and against a team that hasn't even been in the top 5 team through the entire playoff talk until yesterday actually. To me personally, I'll say that the playoff committee has no shame in their game bc they have proven since coming into the picture a few weeks ago, that they were willing to go back on what they said they believed just a week before in order to push the SEC into the easiest spot in the playoff rankings. IMO, this has been the most unprofessional, unreliable and inadequate playoff committee with an agenda since the beginning of the launching of the playoff system.

This my opinion mainly bc of all the moving around of the teams in the 1st, 2nd, and 4th place positioning with keeping Clemson planted solid in 3d place, with Clemson being the one team that has done nothing less than dominating every opponent we have played by 30 or more points, yet hasn't budged from the 3d place ranking with every other team trading position above and below, I cry foul because something in their milk just isn't CLEAN, and I say that they spoiled the milk with the way the SEC has been positioned to have the easiest first round of the 2019 playoffs by matching #1 LSU against a one loss OU team that barely made into the playoffs in the #4 spot. I don't believe that it just happen this way, I believe that it happen bc of the committee's maneuvering it to be just like they wanted it to be as long as LSU didn't slip up in the last few weeks of the season!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2019, 1:49 PM

It should be #1 playing #2, and #3 playing #4, but that would be hard on whatever SEC that makes it in, and they are mostly shoved to the front, and playing the #2 team just wouldn't be fair would it, if #1 sec team got knocked off by OSU, that would damage the mighty name of the SEC as being the greatest conference ever, even though there is just a couple of very good SEC teams, and the entire conference wears their name as being the greatest, as do the coots, Vandy, Kentucky, Arkansas and the likes all claim to be the greatest that the top 2 sec teams have been Given!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2019, 10:59 PM

I wish we could play all three. TL will be reminded many times before game time that Fields was #1 outta HS. ETN will have all the motivation he needs when we go to NOLA and so will the team in the heart of SEC country. Can’t WAIT!

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic