Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson players laugh and joke at the absurdity of the AP Poll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson players laugh and joke at the absurdity of the AP Poll

Oct 21, 2019, 1:23 PM

Clemson players laugh and joke at the absurdity of the AP Poll

Clemson defeated Louisville by 35 points Saturday and dropped a spot in the Associated Press poll. All the coaches and players can do at this point is laugh and joke about the absurdity of it all. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson players laugh and joke at the absurdity of the AP Poll

Oct 21, 2019, 1:28 PM

any other questions?

nuff said!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2019, 1:38 PM

They know they can kick the stuffing out of everyone else. :) :) :) :)

Oct 21, 2019, 5:40 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson players laugh and joke at the absurdity of the AP Poll ]

I just hope CBV keeps having to talk Lainey off the cliff... and continues to be the poster child for Clemson Nation! Then play soccer or softball for our Tigers so Dad can watch her play!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm too am laughing with them....***

Oct 21, 2019, 1:39 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2019, 1:41 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Oct 21, 2019, 1:58 PM

Preach it Brother Jeff!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2019, 2:35 PM

15 game season

Coach Dabo and staff are coaching for a 15 game season - substituting liberally, keeping season-long snap counts down, and gaining great depth on the roster, while other 'elite' programs are leaving the starters in for style points.

Oct 21, 2019, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson players laugh and joke at the absurdity of the AP Poll ]

Laughing? H E L L yeah......
All the way to the bank!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe "bearding the lion in his den" is not a good idea...

Oct 21, 2019, 3:06 PM

Regardless of what we think of the sports media (and I'll grant you that in my case, it's not much), they do have a lot of power in creating perception. Making a lot of negative comments about their votes in the poll might not be in our best interest as they will simply double down and continue dropping us in the ratings. Maybe they already have, given the precipitous drop over the last 3 weeks. Maybe we should do our "talking" on the field, and our "yelling" in the stands.

I understand completely that AP sportswriters will have no influence after November 5, but they might be able to influence some potential votes before then.

I somewhat agree with dropping Clemson to #2 after the UNCheat game...arguably the worst game we've played since the 2018 Sugar Bowl... but that's where my agreement ends. We should NOT have dropped after the FSU game. We more than covered the line, running out to a 42-0 lead in the middle of the 3rd, at which time Dabo emptied the bench. But as bad as that was, the drop from #3 to #4 was completely absurd. We covered the line by more than 10 points on the road, and led by 38-3 with 12 minutes remaining, when Dabo emptied the bench. As a result, we lost 4 1st place votes in the poll and dropped by 25 points overall. At the same time, Bama struggled against Tenn (could have been 28-20 instead of 35-13 if Tenn had scored the TD instead of giving Bama the scoop-and-score) but maintained their 1st place votes and actually gained one point overall. LSU also failed to cover the spread, but retained their position. But, hey, we're talking about two SEC teams here.

Just saying...

Message was edited by: 7173TIGER®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"bearding the lion... "?

Oct 21, 2019, 3:12 PM

Is that what you young people are calling it these days?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: "bearding the lion... "?

Oct 21, 2019, 4:29 PM

I haven't been called "young" since I graduated from Clemson in 1971! LOL.

Bearding the lion, poking the bear, etc.

Re: Maybe "bearding the lion in his den" is not a good idea...

Oct 21, 2019, 3:43 PM [ in reply to Maybe "bearding the lion in his den" is not a good idea... ]

It appears to me that the media guys who have for several years now sang the praise of Clemson are looking for any kind of flaw in our game to bring to everyone’s attention. Quite honestly, Clemson has taken a lot of the glamor from college football that once was enamoured by fans of others. If the Tigers were in the SEC or big10 they would not be criticized for the way they are playing this season. The final shoe drops in New Orleans in January and Dabo is preparing his team to be there.

#### 'em. They're going to hate us regardless.

Oct 21, 2019, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Maybe "bearding the lion in his den" is not a good idea... ]

I say poke the bear. If they leave us out undefeated it just exposes the whole system as a propaganda-fed sham, and if they let us in I'll take our chances against anyone in the nation. Go Tigers.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: #### 'em. They're going to hate us regardless.

Oct 21, 2019, 4:31 PM

Oh, believe me, I don't disagree. Just trying to follow Dabo's lead of ignoring them and get on about our business. I've also gotta protect my investment since I've got my reservations in Charlotte, Phoenix, and Atlanta!

Go Tigers!

Oct 21, 2019, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Maybe "bearding the lion in his den" is not a good idea... ]

These are wise comments. There is nothing to be gained at all by making jokes or criticizing the AP.

BTW, did I mention that the AP voting members and sportswriters are some of the most impressive professions in their field? They truly are knowledgeable and unbiased, which is why they are entrusted with this responsibility.

Oct 21, 2019, 10:52 PM

Lol. Very funny

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Let Us Not Laugh Or Think Of About It Anymore ---

Oct 21, 2019, 6:23 PM

Let us just try to win the rest of games one game at a time.

If we win everything and the committee still won't let us in ..........then we can laugh hysterically.

Oct 21, 2019, 7:42 PM
IMG_1943a.JPG(156.3 K)

Sometimes you have to just make them believers. Like my friend Tim - pictured here in January 2017...

Oct 21, 2019, 10:15 PM

"We really have zero concern that it won't work out this year if we stay focused."

Enough said.

Oct 21, 2019, 11:28 PM

We can laugh as long as we keep winning, but I am telling you that, given the way we are being set up now, if we lose one game then we are out. We will be the last one loss team that would ever be considered for the playoffs. I can even see a two loss team being considered over us.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic