Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: CFP Chairman says offensive efficiency helped Bama earn top spot over Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

TNET: CFP Chairman says offensive efficiency helped Bama earn top spot over Clemson

Oct 31, 2018, 9:01 AM

CFP Chairman says offensive efficiency helped Bama earn top spot over Clemson

The season’s first College Football Playoff rankings were announced Tuesday evening, with Alabama, Clemson, LSU, and Notre Dame earning the top 4 spots, while Michigan and Georgia sit at No. 5 and No. 6.
What put Bama ahead of Clemson?
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not saying Bama isn't deserving of the top spot, but

Oct 31, 2018, 9:06 AM

A LOT of teams would be efficient offensively against a schedule strength that ranks 60th nationally.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I'm not saying Bama isn't deserving of the top spot, but

Oct 31, 2018, 9:24 AM

Clemson at #2 works for me.
If we end up having to play Bama, I'd prefer it be in the championship game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bingo. Hope Bama and us both win out

Oct 31, 2018, 9:28 AM

Don't want to meet them again in the semi-final game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Certainly not if they get an extra week to rest and prepare

Nov 1, 2018, 6:25 AM

if they don't go to SEC CG like last year. Gives them too much of an advantage!

Notre Dame will automatically get a bye if they get in. They need to look at the rules as this gives teams advantages when they don't have to play in conference CG.

Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our schedule is rated about the same as Bama's.

Oct 31, 2018, 10:38 AM [ in reply to I'm not saying Bama isn't deserving of the top spot, but ]

They have played worse defenses though.

if You Consider 40 the same as 60***

Oct 31, 2018, 11:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends where you look.***

Oct 31, 2018, 2:48 PM

Sagarin is generally the standard***

Nov 1, 2018, 6:26 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Again. One more time. Again.***

Oct 31, 2018, 9:09 AM

It doesn't matter

Oct 31, 2018, 10:08 AM

If we win out, we will finish in the Top 3.

If we finish in the Top 3, we will make the playoffs and go to the Orange Bowl. (Alabama would go to Dallas as #1. We would go to Miami as #1)

The only differences between 2 and 3 are the number by your name and the color of your uniform.

Re: TNET: CFP Chairman says offensive efficiency helped Bama earn top spot over Clemson

Oct 31, 2018, 10:09 AM

They are already looking for a.way to move ND to#2. If we don't blow out Louisville and everyone else out, and ND stays undefeated, we will end up at # 3. ESPN still has a connection somehow or somewhere and have said they don't want a Clemson rematch with Alabama for the Natty. ND and Alabama could still lose a game, but still be in top 4, especially Alabama. I don't want to see a Clemson vs Alabama game in the semifinals. I want to see us beat Alabama for the Natty!! GO TIGERS!!!

Re: TNET: CFP Chairman says offensive efficiency helped Bama earn top spot over Clemson

Oct 31, 2018, 12:30 PM

Does it really matter if we are #2 or #3 to ND? We still play them in the semi.

I'd almost want to be #3 with an extra chip on their shoulders.

I do think that if all 3 (Bama, Tigers, ND) win out, the order will stay the same. We would get the nod for having played a conference championship.

Michigan/Ohio St winner would get the #4 as it stands.

IMO

Oct 31, 2018, 4:08 PM

Eggs actly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2018, 10:28 AM

I have no problem with Alabama being number 1....I believe you are number 1 until you are beaten...Clemson is just going to have to take it from them!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This ranking means nothing

Oct 31, 2018, 12:36 PM

at this time. Focus and Drill in on Louisville. The last ranking at the end of the season is the only one that matters and until then take no team lightly.

Oct 31, 2018, 5:15 PM

Read this Tiger Nation. These CFP results are meaningless assuming our Tigers keep winning. The committee response abut offers I've efficiency is a red herring cause there is a real difficulty in normalizing against equal competition. Bama to date is not the same competition as the Tigers to date. That will chanow in the next 4 weeks. Will Bama fare as well against LSU and Auburn? 2nd or now is just where we wanta be imo. Winning is the recipe for success to the Natty.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2018, 5:24 PM

I can tell when my fingers get loose by the admonitions of the bored...Capisce?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2018, 4:04 PM

Defense wins Championships... And....

Clemson>Alabama.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2018, 4:16 PM

Next week will add a lot of clarity. If Bama beats LSU, then there’s a signature win to warrant #1. If they lose, then the big questions would be if LSU jumps is to #1 and how far Bama would fall.

I think barring a catastrophe, we play ND, 0310, Michigan or OU in the semifinals. I personally would like to add Michigan to our list...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2018, 6:37 PM

Why is everybody itching to put LSU at #2? Oh yeah so it can be #1 Bama against #2 LSU. LSU has beat a lot of ranked teams but at the same time team in the sec gets over ranked at the beginning of the season so when another sec team beats the higher one they switch spots. It all keeps sec teams in the higher rankings. I have no doubt in my mind our tigers could beat the ones from Louisiana. Hell we’d steamroll everyone in the sec except Bama if we played our A-game imo. Anyways it doesn’t matter. Our boys need to just handle business as usual during championship phase and we are in the playoffs. Doesn’t matter who we play I don’t think there is a team outside of Bama that could hang as long as we play up to par.

Nov 1, 2018, 12:20 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: CFP Chairman says offensive efficiency helped Bama earn top spot over Clemson ]

how can you not want to beat Ohio at least once more?! that never gets old for me.

Nov 1, 2018, 12:20 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: CFP Chairman says offensive efficiency helped Bama earn top spot over Clemson ]

how can you not want to beat Ohio at least once more?! that never gets old for me.

Oct 31, 2018, 5:19 PM

I fully expect in 2 years to see Rob Mullins on the Democrat ticket for President... Only Vince Dooley could throw smooze like this guy... WHOH!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2018, 10:28 PM

Wanna see a 2 loss team in the CFP? Let Bama lose twice!

Oct 31, 2018, 10:28 PM

Wanna see a 2 loss team in the CFP? Let Bama lose twice!

Nov 1, 2018, 5:16 AM

I thought the committee said in the past that scores didn't count. I recall them saying only the wins and losses mattered.

Nov 1, 2018, 6:20 AM

Depends on which narrative they have to spin to cash that sec check.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic