Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Brand Recognition: Little old Clemson and The Paw go international
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

TNET: Brand Recognition: Little old Clemson and The Paw go international

May 7, 2019, 8:25 AM

Brand Recognition: Little old Clemson and The Paw go international

Dabo Swinney loves to tell everyone that he coaches at “little old Clemson.” He even mentioned it after Clemson defeated Alabama in the title game in January, saying he knew that little old Clemson wasn’t supposed to be there. As it turns out, little old Clemson is making a move on the national and world stage. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Brand Recognition: Little old Clemson and The Paw go international

May 7, 2019, 8:27 AM

:) ;)

May 7, 2019, 8:39 AM

I remember Abe Froman from a mention of him in a famous movie. Glad to see he is doing well. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes! That's why that name is familiar***

May 7, 2019, 9:58 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

May 8, 2019, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Brand Recognition: Little old Clemson and The Paw go international ]

The sausage king of Chicago!

May 7, 2019, 8:41 AM

I am sure ESPN will try stop this trend.

May 7, 2019, 8:46 AM

Projected to be 3rd this year in apparel sales and they talk about football powers Alabama, Texas, Michigan and Ohio State. It also means that we are competing well against basketball powers Duke, Kentucky and UNC.

that is HUGE. I never thought we would be at the top of

May 7, 2019, 9:44 AM

Apparel sales. For 1.. we are orange. Not everyone's favorite color to wear. Teams like Ohio st, Michigan, so cal, Texas, Bama all have huge alumni bases.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The paw IS recognized everywhere

May 7, 2019, 4:27 PM

Up here in Swoffiesville N.C. The locals run every time they see me coming. Must be my charming personality! Or, maybe when they say NO to joining IPTAY they really mean it. I’ve been wearing the orange for sixty years so I ain’t changing! Go Tigers. The world now accepts us as number one.

May 7, 2019, 9:08 AM

I went to London last month on business. I wore my Tiger paw hat while I took a late afternoon stroll. Three people came up to me with British accents and said: "Go Tigers!" I travel frequently to New York City---the tourists there are from every country in the world. They always come up to me and wish to converse about Clemson. Most of the local New Yorkers seem to love Clemson. The NYPD force seems enamored with our football team. Funny, I never see a gamecock hat during my travels!

May 7, 2019, 9:19 AM

Very cool. Love these photos

especially this one.

May 7, 2019, 4:01 PM

I wonder how davidhood® got it through the tnet filter?

https://twitter.com/MDavidHood/status/1125574986742337536/photo/1

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Whenever I'm out of town

May 7, 2019, 9:20 AM

I try to wear something Clemson. And the further I am from SC, the more I try to wear more Clemson stuff. Between that and my class ring, I almost always run in to some other folks with Clemson connections.

In Hawaii back in 02, I was on the shuttle from the airport to the rental car lot when a guy across from me noticed my Clemson ring. He was a Clemson grad, too, and we had fun swapping stories.

Same Hawaii trip, I was trying to get booked in to a sold out "swim with the dolphins" program the hotel had. The director of the program saw me trying to weasel my way in with the registration person, spotted my Clemson shirt, and came down to talk. He was a UGa grad. We traded stories and he was able to squeeze us in to swim with the dolphins!

In the White Mountains of northern New Hampshire, my wife and I were hiking and I was wearing my Clemson shirt and hat. A kid came up and stopped us and wanted to take our picture. He said he had a buddy at Clemson and another at Duke and wanted to show them Clemson folks way up there in NH!

Same NH trip, ran in to some folks who had a daughter at BJU in Greenville and they were big Clemson fans.

Another NH trip, we stopped at a restaurant in southern NH trip for a snack. The lady behind the counter had friends in SC and had been to a couple of Clemson games. She said they were second only to the Patriots games she'd been to for a football experience (nothing tops the Pats up there!)

I could go on and on, but there's nothing more fun than wearing the paw when you're far from home and seeing how many connections there are!

The Volga River one is funny. It's like he's just your

May 7, 2019, 9:23 AM

average good ole boy out fishing with his buddies. Except it's on the Volga River in Russia.

Do whut now?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My kid sent me a pic of her in front of the same building

May 7, 2019, 10:32 AM

that the other girl in Russia had just yesterday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2019, 9:35 AM

Last summer I was visiting Sequoia National Forest and the park ranger commented on my Clemson Shirt. He happened to be a graduate of Clemson.

Go Tigers

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2019, 10:41 AM
DSC_0041.JPG(189.5 K)
DSC_0108.JPG(228.7 K)
DSC_0842.JPG(69.2 K)

Tanzania and Thailand photos of my wife and me.

Even Thai Tigers are into Tiger Rags. :)

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2019, 10:59 PM

My wife, daughter, and I went on a Disney cruise this past summer. While down on their island in the Caribbean my wife and daughter got onto a packed shuttle to head back to the boat. I was behind a bit collecting souvenirs, etc. and almost missed the ride until another Clemson fan on the shuttle saw me coming up in my hat. He got them to hold the ride for me until I could find a spot because "we were going to make room for someone with such good taste." We got to trade stories during the ride.

As she is a VT fan (it's where she grew up), my wife gets annoyed (playfully) that people just walk by and say "Go Tigers!". At the VT/CU game in Blacksburg back in 2017 we heard more from the CU fans than the Hokies!

I wore Clemson gear all over Cusco and Machu pichu

May 7, 2019, 11:40 AM

Was stopped several times. Even met other graduates. our driver to the Scared Valley requested i bring him a Clemson hat as a tip.

May 7, 2019, 3:21 PM
image.jpeg(202.9 K)
image.jpeg(186.5 K)
image.jpeg(147.6 K)

Two weeks ago in Germany.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2019, 4:50 PM

I'm a little disappointed ......... No mention of me walking around my hometown in England, whilst wearing Clemson gear, ha ha

I’m shocked

May 7, 2019, 3:43 PM

that anyone would choose Kansas State over Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Heard "Go Tigers" at the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland

May 7, 2019, 5:11 PM

earlier this year. Then had an OU fan come over and talk with me at our hotel's bar. He was a HUGE Brent Venables fan and still mad that OU let him get away. Said he always follows us and roots for us (except when we play them).

Somewhere there's a pic of me with a tiger paw flag in front

May 7, 2019, 5:18 PM

of the Sydney Opera House.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2019, 11:01 PM

Walking downtown Columbia sc with Clemson hat......had to dodge multiple water bottles and got flipped off twice!!! Great fun. Go Tigers

This is the #1 reason I always wear Clemson gear when flying

May 8, 2019, 7:49 AM

You never know who you'll run into or where. I see Clemson fans in almost every airport I go to, whether it's Chicago, New York, Boston, Miami, etc. And usually it's in the off-season. I met a fellow alum (about 25 years my senior) a few summers ago in Grant Park (downtown Chicago) when we discovered we were dressed almost identically in purple Clemson polos and a Clemson hat.

Even before Clemson was winning championships the Paw was recognizable all over. I went to Arizona for the first time in 2002 and wore Clemson shirts to the Grand Canyon, and both visitors and employees stopped me several times. I also had a great conversation with an Arizona State Trooper at a checkpoint; when he saw my ring he said "I went to ASU and man, I wish we had rings like that."

A few years later I ran into an alumni in a bookstore in Albuquerque, similar situation.

And last summer I ran into someone wearing a Clemson shirt at Arches National Park in Utah. I believe he was a foreign tourist (East Asian gentleman) but he was still sporting a Clemson polo loud and proud.

I also remember spotting a fellow alum in a restaurant in Miami back in the mid-90's, right after I'd graduated.

I love wearing my Clemson stuff, and the more distant from home the better.

May 8, 2019, 2:51 PM

In 1992, I presented Tiger items to Lady Di's brother, The Eighth Earl Spencer, to give to his twin daughters. I have a hand written letter of thanks from him. If I knew how to post stuff like this I would gladly do so. I saw a recent photo of one of his daughters and she looks a lot like Lady Di.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic