Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: As Saban overhauls his staff, Clemson's continuity is the standard: Don't mess with happy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

TNET: As Saban overhauls his staff, Clemson's continuity is the standard: Don't mess with happy

Jan 18, 2019, 3:26 PM

As Saban overhauls his staff, Clemson's continuity is the standard: Don't mess with happy

In case you missed it, it’s been a rough few weeks for Alabama head coach Nick Saban and the Crimson Tide. It started with a 44-16 loss to Clemson in the National Championship Game – a game in which Alabama was out-coached and look unprepared – and has continued in the aftermath. That hasn't been the case at Clemson. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Little brother isn't going to want to hear this

Jan 18, 2019, 3:38 PM

how can we cycle out if we keep the same coaches and keep recruiting better and better players?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meanwhile, CussChamp is having trouble finding coaches...

Jan 18, 2019, 4:59 PM

willing to work in that cesspool.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Little brother isn't going to want to hear this

Jan 18, 2019, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Little brother isn't going to want to hear this ]

If little brother don't want to hear or read it, maybe he/she better stay over there in little brother land, at FGF!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2019, 6:29 PM

allorangeallthetime52® Todd Ellis is dyslexic! So, he meant the other way. you know. . . in his coot mind!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2019, 6:50 PM

Trust me, I know what the coot meant, I just took a jab at him on our board!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2019, 7:02 PM

LOL!

Todd Ellis = Sad, Desperate, Pitiful

Re: TNET: As Saban overhauls his staff, Clemson's continuity is the standard: Don't mess with happy

Jan 18, 2019, 3:39 PM

:) :) :) :) :)

Saban unintentionally runs a CFB HC bootcamp.

Jan 18, 2019, 3:42 PM

You stick it out for a short amount of time so you can get the training under your belt, then you never have to do basic again and deal with GySgt Hartman.

Message was edited by: acevans®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saban unintentionally runs a CFB HC bootcamp.

Jan 18, 2019, 10:25 PM

Gunny sez, "You gonna have a big 'un, Nick, and you ain't going to sick bay."

Nick sez, "Kiffin, I told you no visors on the sidelines!!!!"

Looks like he’s missing some of his finger***

Jan 18, 2019, 3:46 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: TNET: As Saban overhauls his staff, Clemson's continuity is the standard: Don't mess with happy

Jan 18, 2019, 4:19 PM

Hey Bama fans, no worries, y'all have Butch Jones!!!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The coaches that didn't quit...

Jan 18, 2019, 7:00 AM

got fired. Saban does it every year. People can't wait to out of that pressure cooker.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But but, but Todd said we were cycling out..?.?.?***

Jan 18, 2019, 5:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: But but, but Todd said we were cycling out..?.?.?***

Jan 18, 2019, 6:18 PM

Well maybe cycling out is a good the way that it's done at Clemson. We cycle out mostly seniors every year, and cycle in just as good or better freshman!!! As Dabo says all the time, they start new every year, and maybe that was what Todd was talking about ;) :)

Re: But but, but Todd said we were cycling out..?.?.?***

Jan 19, 2019, 7:29 AM

At some point the team does not get better, year over year. Alabama is there, we might be there. We caught up to Alabama, uga is getting close, others will catch up with us. We avoided a lot of injuries this year, Alabama did not.

Jan 18, 2019, 5:30 PM

Love all the happy good-time feelings, but believe me Alabama is not going to go away. Nick Saban is called Nick Saban for a reason, and we'd better be be prepared to go war! I believe that we have a great team coming up, but am not certain as to our strength on the LOS. Best QB in college with great WR's, but not sure we'll be able to run ball. Opinions invited.

Jan 18, 2019, 5:32 PM

Isn't he called Nick Saban because that's the name he was given at birth?

Jan 20, 2019, 1:29 PM

I'm sorry 03, but you're making too much sense here. We may have to ask you to step away from the keyboard.

@dgcannon!

Jan 18, 2019, 6:09 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: As Saban overhauls his staff, Clemson's continuity is the standard: Don't mess with happy ]

dgcannon39 Ah, Uh why would we not be able to run the football? We have to replace Hyatt sure. But, he is being replaced with a 5 star player in Jackson Carmen who has had a year under his belt to get stronger/wiser and learn from Hyatt! Etienne is only going to get better! Lynn J Dixon was one of the most explosive backs in the country and was a 3rd stringer! Our OL will be bigger/better this season one has to think with another offseason to work on their physical abilities! Though the rushing numbers suggest to me we don't have a problem at all. Defenses won't have safeties in the box and will choose to make our backs beat them, LOL! Say that out loud, LOL!

BTW, nobody but SEC Stockholm Syndrome victims is scared of Alabama! Sure Nikki isn't going anywhere; but at 67 and as grumpy as ever - what coach who isn't desperate is going to want to go there? They have talented players falling over themselves to go there; but for how long. Again, he is 67. Your fooling yourself if you don't think kids are wise enough to start choosing graduation, family, conference championships, CFP and still be able to make it to the league. His success was a direct reflection of the idea: "Alabama gets players to the league"! Well, so does Clemson, Ohio St, Georgia, LSU, So Cal, etc.

The other schools not named bamer gets kids to the league in other words - w/o the scowl and fear and intimidation factor to boot! And in Clemson's case: you are far more likely to graduate here with a worthwhile degree!

LOL

Jan 18, 2019, 11:43 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: As Saban overhauls his staff, Clemson's continuity is the standard: Don't mess with happy ]

Carman

Simpson

Cervenka

Pollard

Anchrum

With ETN, Feaster (hopefully) and Lyn-J running behind them three deep. Yeah, we're going to have all kinds of trouble running the ball.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how many nattys for Saban assistants after leaving

Jan 18, 2019, 6:10 PM

how many nattys for Saban assistants after leaving compared to Dabo assistants who have stayed?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: how many nattys for Saban assistants after leaving

Jan 18, 2019, 8:53 PM

Excellent point! None.

Jan 18, 2019, 7:59 PM

Saban is a hard guy to work for, I've heard. I hate his personality, so I wouldn't be surprised. He also has little man syndrome.

well, if you want excellence you have to be an a$$

Jan 18, 2019, 9:47 PM

oh wait, nevermind

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Jan 18, 2019, 8:33 PM

THATS what it all about. FAMILY! Dabo has done such an incredible Job! Clemson Family is so LUCKY to have him.

Jan 18, 2019, 10:58 PM

I've been going to games since I was a baby, and got two degrees from Clemson. When I was a student I knew and acknowledged the utopia that was Clemson - the walk home from TTT across Bowman with Tilman Hall towering above, the pear trees blooming in front of Calhoun Courts, the daily epiphanies in Riggs, the warm summer nights, the crazy fall Saturday afternoons and nights, the quiet 2 AM walks from the library.... It is utopia. It is special. Dabo has tapped into that unique combination of location, history, devotion and people. I am pleased that the rest of the world is seeing what I have seen and lived for 51 years.

Jan 19, 2019, 12:31 AM

Excellent description 8992! I really miss living there!!

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jan 19, 2019, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: As Saban overhauls his staff, Clemson's continuity is the standard: Don't mess with happy ]

8992 you hit the nail on the head. Your description is exactly how I would have described my feelings about Clemson. I went to Clemson sixty years ago in 1959. I would throw in trips to Dan's and purchasing drill shoes from Judge Keller's.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2019, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: As Saban overhauls his staff, Clemson's continuity is the standard: Don't mess with happy ]

Well said. I miss that place.

Jan 19, 2019, 10:27 AM

We weren't only lucky to have gotten Dabo, we were lucky that we got a HC with the character that Dabo has. His Players and his coaches love him, and with Dabo being just as concerned for his assistant coaches pay, their jobs, and their families while working with him at Clemson... Dabo has gave his assistants a lot to think about before they accept a job some where else bc, if it didn't work out, they would be left thinking about their place that they gave up working for/with Dabo!!!

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic