Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Arms Race: Clemson pitching setting historic pace in early going
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

TNET: Arms Race: Clemson pitching setting historic pace in early going

Feb 23, 2020, 6:11 PM

Arms Race: Clemson pitching setting historic pace in early going

The baseball season is just seven games old, but head Clemson head coach Monte Lee thinks his pitching staff has a chance to be special. Clemson completed a three-game sweep of Stony Brook Sunday with a 3-1 victory. (Photo by David Grooms) Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Arms Race: Clemson pitching setting historic pace in early going

Feb 23, 2020, 7:04 PM

I want to hear how special our pitching staff is when we get into ACC play, and strong out of conference play. Beating team like in our first 8 games starting the season should be must win games for D1 program as Clemson with the Clemson baseball tradition!!!!

Right now we have two 1-0 wins, a 3-2, 2-0, 3-1 wins over schools like Liberty, Furman, Stony Brook, and with a game left to play against East Tennessee State. Yep, I do want to hear how special our pitching is after East Tennessee State and on into our schedule starting with usuc!!! Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2020, 7:19 PM

liberty and stoney brook are quality programs. why in the world do people have to complain about winning. truly is mind boggling.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2020, 7:29 PM

Yep. Stony Brook has been to Omaha more recently than we have.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Feb 23, 2020, 7:30 PM

stoney brook was as good a defensive team as i have seen in awhile

Feb 23, 2020, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Arms Race: Clemson pitching setting historic pace in early going ]

D, Stony Brook is a quality 1-6 team right now. Liberty has had some good seasons, but they shouldn't be having a chance of beating big time baseball program like Clemson has been in a recent past. And I'm not complaining, just saying don't brag about how special our pitching is until they have been actually tested!!!

Feb 23, 2020, 7:31 PM

hey maybe you could go ahead and try filling up that half empty glass.

Feb 24, 2020, 8:19 AM

What needs filling, is your ability to respect other opinions without pointing your finger as if your opinion over rules!!!

Feb 23, 2020, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Arms Race: Clemson pitching setting historic pace in early going ]

I'm going to guess the combined winning %'of all the team's we have played is around .300.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2020, 11:31 AM

Liberty is 3-4.

Furman is 5-3.

Stony Brook is 1-6.

Combined record is 9-13. That is a 69% winning percentage.

If you remove the games that we have beaten those teams they are 9-6 against other opponents.

I'm not saying we have played great teams, and I think Stony Brook may be one of the worst hitting teams we will play all season but there is no need to pretend our three opponents are going 15-40 for their seasons.

Feb 24, 2020, 11:33 AM

41% winning percentage combined*

Math is tough.

Feb 24, 2020, 3:13 PM

You almost proved my point until you said take away the wins we've beaten them, and I would be OK with that if they can be removed from the records book also. But to do that and be fair, their yearly cupcakes would need to be removed also to get a fare or more accurate assessment of how good they really are.;) Just saying, and I'm not kicking our pitching for this season.

The only thing that I'm referring to is this, lets not brag to soon, wait and see how they are going to fare when we get into the meat of our schedule bc T-Netters will be highly critical of the bragging in this article if they don't do as well as they have done against these early season teams and games. Kinda like don't brag about the apples being blemish free unless you picked them all and know that it is a fact.

Nobody is hoping/praying that our Baseball team can get back to the college world series any more than I do bc I do love Clemson sports, and nobody loves bragging about how good we were when the season has ended and the trophies are locked up in our trophy case anymore than I do. But don't give the fan base those kind of expectations without our team being actually tested against some of the best teams college baseball has to offer with some of that type of competition being in the ACC!!!

Personally, I hope that our pitching rotation will be the best that we have seen in Clemson for a very long time, and I believe we deserve it, but the proof isn't in saying it or bragging about it just after the first 7 games IMO....

Just Last Year . . .

Feb 23, 2020, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Arms Race: Clemson pitching setting historic pace in early going ]

Both Stony Brook AND Liberty were invited to play in the Regionals . . . Both, regardless of their record, are solid baseball programs!!!

This weekend will indeed be a good "measuring stick" of our pitchers' abilities . . . For now, they have kept us in games . . . Games where we haven't fielded up to our standard, nor hit up to our standard . . . The pitchers are why we are undefeated.

Tip of the cap to each one of them!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2020, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Arms Race: Clemson pitching setting historic pace in early going ]

The quality of our players have gone down slightly every season ML has been here.
Jack left this team with some good players and Beer and Davidson on the way.
This will be the first season in a long time we don’t have at least one ,1-5th round position player on the roster.

Feb 24, 2020, 3:54 PM

Need to beat the Coots this weekend.
Just might be the only accomplishment this team can gain .
This season is a total rebuild and the few vet guys we have in the lineup look worse than the freshman.
The pitching is def our strength this year and should be good. We will find out a lot more about how good this weekend.

Feb 24, 2020, 4:38 PM

COOTIN18 HAS SPOKEN. CLOSE UP THE DOORS. THE SEASON IS OVER. PLEASE SLITHER AWAY YOU PATHETIC POS

The pitching might look good but I am worried about hitting

Feb 24, 2020, 4:32 PM

We haven't played anyone steller and we can't seem to hit. I am hoping we ran into the best pitching in the NCAA's but something tells me that is not the case. I love to see the Tigers win but I really wonder how many 1-0 or 2-0 extra inning games we can win in the ACC.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic