Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: 5-star DE Korey Foreman sets record straight on Clemson commitment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

TNET: 5-star DE Korey Foreman sets record straight on Clemson commitment

Apr 19, 2020, 6:39 PM

5-star DE Korey Foreman sets record straight on Clemson commitment

Five-star defensive end Korey Foreman knows that every little thing he says and does is watched, and he would be the first to tell you that it’s not always easy being one of the top players in the country. That’s why he wants to set the record straight regarding his commitment to Clemson. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't sound like he set anything straight.

Apr 19, 2020, 6:45 PM

Except maybe that he's not really commited per Dabo's expectations.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

i agree

Apr 19, 2020, 6:52 PM

Which might explain the offer to another DE this weekend

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Doesn't sound like he set anything straight.

Apr 20, 2020, 8:41 AM [ in reply to Doesn't sound like he set anything straight. ]

You nailed it. Both sides are understandable but Dabo's has more leverage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like he is wavering for sure

Apr 19, 2020, 6:51 PM

he needs to decommit and take his visits so that he is sure he is in the right place. I'm pretty sure we'd hold a spot for him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sounds like he is wavering for sure

Apr 19, 2020, 7:39 PM

Remember, this is an 18 year old young man. If I was in his shoes, the free travel to all parts of the US would be very appealing to me also.

exactly, that's why he should decommit and take

Apr 19, 2020, 7:51 PM

his visits so that he makes the right decision

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: exactly, that's why he should decommit and take

Apr 20, 2020, 8:32 AM

But his spot should not be held. He is a very good talent, but Dabo builds his team on work ethic and heart. You give your word, you should stick to it. We do not need wishy, washy!!!

Re: exactly, that's why he should decommit and take

Apr 20, 2020, 8:44 AM [ in reply to exactly, that's why he should decommit and take ]

And maybe to have not committed in the first place.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats not how it works here. We do not over sign, so we

Apr 19, 2020, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Sounds like he is wavering for sure ]

have to be sure of a commitment. For good or bad, it’s how Dabo does things. If Foreman backs off and we get filled up with commits. We are done. On the flip side, we honor that commitment through anything and do not jerk kids around and run them off the team to free up numbers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

We held a spot for Justin Flowe and Shaq Smith

Apr 19, 2020, 8:39 PM

and they were not committed

Re: We held a spot for Justin Flowe and Shaq Smith

Apr 20, 2020, 3:03 AM

Wrong! That is why Flowe got butthurt when we gave Simpson his spot, Dabo wouldn't hold his spot!

We were telling Simpson to hold on and wait because

Apr 20, 2020, 8:28 AM

we didn't have a spot for him. When Venables went to Calif and did not come back with a firm commitment the scolly was given to Simpson. Every situation is different.

Re: We held a spot for Justin Flowe and Shaq Smith

Apr 20, 2020, 3:07 AM [ in reply to We held a spot for Justin Flowe and Shaq Smith ]

Oh, and Shaq decomitted then committed before his spot was filled. Dabo won't hold a spot for anyone.

Apr 19, 2020, 8:40 PM [ in reply to Sounds like he is wavering for sure ]

IMO, I would hope that Dabo and staff holds true to what they have made their recruiting policy to be, and that is, if you are committed to Clemson and you take another official visit after committing, they've shown that they're not all in, and the scholarship offer has been withdrawn. If they find another Clemson fit for that position, and they offer that fit a scholarship, the recruit that was committed and went against the policy will no longer have an offer. If that is the policy, then stick with it regardless of who that player was that pushed the issue of Dabo's recruiting policy, and he will be forgotten about bc he wasn't all in. Dabo tells every recruit that wants to commit what his policy is, and I'm a 100% sure that Dabo and who ever recruited Foreman made sure that he understood their policy before they would accept his commitment!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2020, 12:40 AM

I see both sides of this issue but a player IMO should not commit if he wants to take all his official visits. It would be like being engaged and dating other people.

Apr 20, 2020, 8:49 AM

Boom! Nuff said...

Re: Didn't he get a Tiger tattoo?

Apr 20, 2020, 7:25 AM [ in reply to Sounds like he is wavering for sure ]

I seem to recall he was so All-In he got a Tiger tattoo

I think he is still 100% Clemson. Like most of these kids, the opportunity to get officials has to be powerful on the ego. Especially when you are ranked #1

I think he could go exactly like Shaq Smith. De-commit, take his visits, then re-commit.

Will we be fine without him? Yes, the program is bigger than ANY one player.

Will we be better with him? Yes, that level of talent doesn't come along every year.

Re: TNET: 5-star DE Korey Foreman sets record straight on Clemson commitment

Apr 19, 2020, 6:58 PM

He gone

Apr 19, 2020, 7:02 PM

This article would indicate he wants to take his visits. In Dabo’s mind, he’s not fully committed. We’ll see if we get an equal, or better, prospect who is “All In”, or wait on him to finish his trips. We’ll see how this plays out. I hope, if Clemson really is what he is looking for, he doesn’t miss his chance. I doubt we stop recruiting that spot, if he makes visits.

Sounds like

Apr 19, 2020, 7:10 PM

'Cabin Fever'! Lowered knows, we're all sufferin' the symptoms!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo & Staff are very Transparent throughout the Recruiting Process

Apr 19, 2020, 7:22 PM

And I know of a young man who committed a few years ago. Dabo told him that if you want to take additional visits, DO NOT Commit. Whatever happens, we will be fine.

Re: Dabo & Staff are very Transparent throughout the Recruiting Process

Apr 19, 2020, 7:34 PM

See ya. Huge talent sad to see

Re: Sounds like

Apr 20, 2020, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Sounds like ]

Could be. That, and lots of idle time for him and for some of the recruiters of the world.

Some of these guys need to learn what the word

Apr 19, 2020, 7:45 PM

Re: Some of these guys need to learn what the word

Apr 19, 2020, 8:04 PM

Guess he’ll visit Clemson, Auburn, Missouri, LSU, and Memphis else that big ole tiger tattoo he got might look a little silly.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2020, 8:04 PM

He Gone!!! Good luck young man!

Apr 19, 2020, 8:22 PM

This frustrates me, because Dabo is very very clear what it means for Clemson to take a verbal commitment. He even tries to discourage it if he senses they aren’t really ready. Foreman should know this and if he didn’t he wasn’t paying attention and now is maybe taking it too personally. He needs to decommit and take the OV’s he desires to go on. If Dabo still has a spot left he will welcome him back. If not, then Foreman likely found something that fit better. I wouldn’t be surprised if the virus has many players thinking to stay closer to home.

Apr 19, 2020, 8:49 PM

!8 year old young men don't think that way about the virus bc they have been told that it don't affect them that much if any!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2020, 8:49 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: 5-star DE Korey Foreman sets record straight on Clemson commitment ]

Set the record straight? Hardly. And the only thing about him staying closer to home is that the college football world around him sucks. But I guess LSU or Bama are closer to home for him.

do you have kids? i can easily see how this happens

Apr 20, 2020, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: 5-star DE Korey Foreman sets record straight on Clemson commitment ]

its all good though. He should go do officials if he wants. I would. Hopefully he doesn't, but you're only the #1 recruit once.

Apr 19, 2020, 8:44 PM

we will be fine and he will be fine however it turns out

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2020, 8:50 PM

Sorry to hear this...he’s a fine young man but he ain’t ALL IN. I wish him the best.....I was convinced he was ALL IN....he gone!

It doesn’t sound like anything was set straight yet.***

Apr 19, 2020, 8:51 PM

Good, he should take his visits.

Apr 19, 2020, 9:20 PM

And likewise, we should keep recruiting other players at his position.

If he isn’t truly committed to us, then we can’t be committed to him. It’s a two way street.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Whatever, had a strange feeling when he showed off that Tiger tattoo!

Apr 19, 2020, 9:32 PM

Did it really have Clemson written on it, as i remembered?

Just asking..

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not great bob

Apr 19, 2020, 9:52 PM

Hope we ultimately land him, but sounds like a decommit is a very real possibility.

Apr 19, 2020, 10:11 PM

No hearts broken. Get over yourself.

Apr 19, 2020, 10:18 PM

Ah no sir he did not set the record straight. He gone

The Clemson Culture Remains Strong and Unique and

Apr 19, 2020, 11:47 PM

THE BEST.

Hoping he continues to want to be part of our team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2020, 11:48 PM

This is a huge loss. He should not have committed in the first place.

Apr 20, 2020, 12:10 AM

Hope he decides to keep his commitment with Clemson because he would be a great addition to our defense but no one player is more important than the team itself......you have to follow Dabo’s rules if you are All In......he does not hand out offers to everyone and keeps his word you will have a spot if offered....but when you commit he expects you to honor it because he shuts does the recruiting for that spot and does not oversign or make offers he can not commit too......it works both ways and the player has to hold up his end of the bargain ......hopefully he will see the light and keep his commitment to us ......cause Dabo ain’t breaking his rules for anybody......period......Go Tigers!!!!!

Yep. Commitment is a two way street.

Apr 20, 2020, 12:21 AM

When Dabo commits to a player, the scholarship is there if the player loses value (e.g. gets hurt or injured or simply is not as good as expected). The scholarship is a firm commitment.

Apr 20, 2020, 8:29 AM

How did everyone take this so negatively? I don't see it.

If anything, the article writer twisted everything around.

I think the article is pretty clear. Foreman should not have

Apr 20, 2020, 9:31 AM

publicly committed to us if he still wanted to take visits to other schools. Dabo's policy about this is well known. If Foreman wants to take those other visits, thinking he has "earned" them, then he should decommit, but do so with the knowledge that someone else who IS willing to be All In from this point forward may take his spot. It ain't Rocket Science.

Apr 20, 2020, 9:30 AM

Did he set the record straight?

Apr 20, 2020, 11:08 AM

Got some attention....

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Sounds like he wants to take advantage of low gas prices to

Apr 20, 2020, 9:32 AM

me.............

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2020, 9:55 AM

By the time he can take visits it’ll be time for the season, they’ll be a lot of players who don’t take officials because of time this year. This may solve itself with him not having time but the bright side is we can have a 2nd choice ready now.

I’d be surprised if he takes other visits once his season starts, we have a great chance of this being a nonissue with time on our side with this virus.

His Governor is going to hold out as long as possible before they can go back to work. I don’t see time on his side.

These kids have nothing but time on their hands now to dream about it and take visits. If he goes elsewhere I wish him well but he will miss out not Clemson because at the end of the day we are still the Best Clemson Tigers!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Apr 20, 2020, 12:23 PM

Apr 20, 2020, 2:44 PM

Sounds like someone may have gotten into his handler's ear...or pocket...

Apr 20, 2020, 4:07 PM

??????? Gotta love dealing with teens....

Apr 21, 2020, 11:29 PM

Not surprised. His interviews didn't sound like those of team members and prospective recruits. Obviously a great football talent, but the impression (perhaps not the reality) is that he is searching for the "I" in "team". I'll be shocked if he ever runs down the hill. Whatever happens will be for the best.

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic