Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TLaw no longer lead candidate for the Heisman (per Vegas)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,405

TLaw no longer lead candidate for the Heisman (per Vegas)

Nov 2, 2020, 10:34 AM

Unfortunately, I think his Heisman hopes just required a solid game against ND. With that game being off the table, it doesn't look like he will have a shot unless the ACC-CG ends up being a high profile game. It is almost funny at this point, it just seems really tough to win a Heisman at Clemson.

Oh well, maybe that'll act as additional motivation for the rest of the season, leading to the playoffs to bring home the Natty.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TLaw no longer lead candidate for the Heisman (per Vegas)

Nov 2, 2020, 10:48 AM

Who is in the lead now? Fields? Great player, but it would be just like the Heisman Committee to replace a guy who has missed 2 games with a guy who has missed 5.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2020, 10:49 AM

It is actually Mac Jones with Justin Fields as a close second.

I'm sure others will disagree with me, but the more i watch

Nov 2, 2020, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Re: TLaw no longer lead candidate for the Heisman (per Vegas) ]

Fields the smaller i feel the gap is between him and Trevor. And that's not a knock on Trevor, it's just an acknowledgement of how good Fields is. Trevor is taller and has a bigger arm, but Fields is a little more dynamic and i think he's actually more accurate.

Nov 2, 2020, 10:55 AM

No biggy. He’ll win it next year

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2020, 11:15 AM

I have always believed he had no chance anyway. The biased pollsters would not allow a school like Clemson to have a trophy winner. You must be on a team in the SEC, Notre Dame, Ohio State, or SoCal.
The Heisman Committee is a total joke and I told them so in a letter after DeShaun didn't win it. ESPN insiders have total control on who wins that award. Politics is rampant in the sports world.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2020, 12:14 PM

Yet a big school like Louisville won one recently.
But he hurdled a guy so, of course.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 2, 2020, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: TLaw no longer lead candidate for the Heisman (per Vegas) ]

@2000, good point. Louisville and Baylor are great examples of huge schools to recently win it.

Nov 2, 2020, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Re: TLaw no longer lead candidate for the Heisman (per Vegas) ]

@2000, good point. Louisville and Baylor are great examples of huge schools to recently win it.

Something like 7 of the last 9 Heisman winners don't

Nov 2, 2020, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Re: TLaw no longer lead candidate for the Heisman (per Vegas) ]

match your description.

2011 - RGIII - From traditional powerhouse Baylor.

2012 - Manziel - OK he was technically in the SEC, but it was their first year in the conference and A&M is far from one of the traditional media darlings. They are Clemson with more money but far less hardware.

2013 - Jameis

2014 - Mariota

2016 - Lamar

2017 - Mayfield

2018 - Murray

One thing they have in common (except Henry in 2015) is that they were pretty much all the QB with the best regular season stats.

Nov 2, 2020, 12:31 PM

Doesn't surprise me really... there's a slight chance Trevor may not play remainder of year. Xavier Thomas who tested positive back in April said he wasn't back to normal breathing until late September.

Nov 2, 2020, 1:49 PM

Betting markets are just that - fluid markets. Betters/Vegas adjusting lines to account for Trevor missing 2 games and his performance vs Syracuse.
More money coming in on Mac Jones and Fields who are blowing teams out right now. When Lawrence comes back and Jones and Fields have a bad game or two the lines will readjust. If you like Trevor's chances at the Heisman you have good value right now...

Vegas doesn't hate clemson. ESPN doesn't hate clemson. This isn't some big conspiracy. Dont take it personally.

Nov 2, 2020, 3:55 PM

And a QB (Fields) that hasn't beaten a school with a win yet this season or a playoff or Natty win has a solid shot at it?

Nov 2, 2020, 7:18 PM

Fields is a great player. Maybe he will throw another pick on the most important pass of the game/season. Tough to get Heisman when you win games. Ask Deshaun.

Knowledge Check

Nov 2, 2020, 8:43 PM

Lavar won it over Deshaun.

That means it’s no longer a real honor.

HTH.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,405
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic