Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TL named Conference Player of the Year by Pro Football Focus
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

TL named Conference Player of the Year by Pro Football Focus

Dec 7, 2018, 8:43 AM

Pro Football Focus named TL conference player of the year for the ACC. Here is what they said:

“While we outlined how Trevor Lawrence was the right quarterback for the Clemson offense when there was still drama over Clemson’s starting quarterback situation, Lawrence made us all forget that there even was a controversy over the position with his play in 2018. All Lawrence did this past season was lead the Tigers to a 13-0 record, change the Clemson passing game and take home the highest single-season grade for a true freshman quarterback in PFF College history. Lawrence’s arsenal of throws in his first season as an FBS quarterback is up there with the best in the country while his ability to avoid mistakes was the best. He garners First-Team All-ACC honors and was a unanimous selection among PFF College analysts for the conference’s Player of the Year Award.”

They said he was the best QB in the country at avoiding mistakes. Incredible! Meanwhile, our brilliant conference AP voters didn’t even name him 1st or 2nd team.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/college-conference-players-of-the-year-2018

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hindsight is 20/20.

Dec 7, 2018, 8:51 AM

Many of us knew that he would replace KB early in the season after the Spring game. Imo, it was obvious. I do not think many of the talking heads and writers watch Clemson Football other than a few highlights.

It's too bad for them. They are so absorbed in scanning through the highlights to find something to say or write about the average fan of any given team knows more about his team than the talkers and writers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After a complimentary post like that, get pawsitive man!***

Dec 7, 2018, 9:14 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TL named Conference Player of the Year by Pro Football Focus

Dec 7, 2018, 10:12 AM

That is certainly a great honor , however ...their history is only 5 years .
Regardless , he has better freshman stats than guys like Josh Rosen , DW4 , Justin Hebert and whatever the kid over at Georgia's name is from last season . I ain't looking it up to improve my discourse though , what do I look like a college football analyst with at least 5 years experience ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic