Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
WATSON vs LAWRENCE...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

WATSON vs LAWRENCE...

Jun 21, 2017, 11:33 AM

Might as well go there!

I watch a lot of film from when recruits were playing in high school. Every now and then the talent just jumps out at you, but most of the time, it's hard to gauge some positions just because of the difference in size of the players at that age.

I thought Watson had potential and liked the fluidity of how he moved. I had no idea he would become as accomplished as he did.

Trevor Lawrence, he just jumps out at me, BIG TIME! He appears to be much more accomplished at this stage of his career than Watson was. He's fluid in his moves, can scramble well and move down the field if he needs to. He can throw on the run or plant his feet and send a missile that will sting your hands. Appears to be VERY accurate, whether it's a touch pass, a 10 yard slant, or a 40 yard bomb.

What will we do if our next star QB is better than DW???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: WATSON vs LAWRENCE...

Jun 21, 2017, 11:36 AM

In a word....... WIN!

Jun 21, 2017, 3:54 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzWCP9GJPUo

Watson had a drive and determination

Jun 21, 2017, 11:42 AM

that didn't come through on tape. I'm not saying that Lawrence doesn't have that same intensity, but we just don't know it yet. The highlights are absolutely amazing, so physically Lawrence is Watson+. But what made Watson elite was the combination of talent and drive.

Remember when we were giddy over Willy Korn's highlights? Korn wasn't even in the same planet as these 2.

Re: Watson had a drive and determination

Jun 21, 2017, 11:46 AM

also unflappable. no matter the moment

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watson had a drive and determination

Jun 21, 2017, 2:50 PM

Watson just had that " it " factor . He knew it , and everyone else knows it .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's a reason Lawrence is the #1 prospect

Jun 21, 2017, 11:43 AM

and DW4 was not.

DW4 is total gamer though but I think Lawrence will have a real shot at surpassing DW4.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: There's a reason Lawrence is the #1 prospect

Jun 21, 2017, 4:04 PM

Honestly...
I have heard some say that Lawrence is the best QB to come out of HS in the
last 10 years.........and 1 said, maybe ever.

If you compare Watson at the HS level to Lawrence, you can see the great potential
in both. Only thing is, Watson never really developed into a great passer. BUT! He
didn't need to, right. It was his play making ability from the zone read that allowed
him to make some good throws down field.

With Lawrence (hold on folks)- when I saw Lawrence, other than being right handed.
This....this is who I saw.

Re: There's a reason Lawrence is the #1 prospect

Jun 21, 2017, 4:31 PM

Me too

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

For what it's worth . . .

Jun 21, 2017, 12:03 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=21301147

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

TL hasn't taken a single D1 snap and gets DW4 comparisons?

Jun 21, 2017, 2:25 PM

Pure garbage.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TL hasn't taken a single D1 snap and gets DW4 comparisons?

Jun 21, 2017, 2:48 PM

Cool down Breezy. The comparison was for when they were high school quarterbacks. Just saying TL looks more accomplished starting his college career than DW did at the same time. Time will tell, but even a COOT can tell the man has talent.

Celebrate 3 more championships?***

Jun 21, 2017, 2:33 PM

Jun 21, 2017, 2:43 PM

Was listening to Mickey one day last week and in between jokes with Zac and sponsor commercials he found a brief second or two to say that Lawrence would win 2 acc championships,2 playoff appearances, and one national championship before leaving Clemson, barring injury that is.

Weep because the Heisman won't be awarded to him?

Jun 21, 2017, 3:08 PM

So far we've lost some of the very best at their position here during Dabo's reign. Every time an unreplaceable player leaves one near as good, just as good or better takes his place.

The real question is 'Why does this continue to surprise us?' It's not as if the sun could decide not to rise tomorrow. Finding and developing talent is becoming a way of life for us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2017, 3:40 PM

If the man comes in and is crowned the best QB in Clemson history and better than DW, it sure won't hurt my feelings. I'll just have to get another 6ft fathead to go on the other side of my 5 yr olds room.

It really comes down to what's he made of in those tough situations

Jun 21, 2017, 10:22 PM

We saw DW4 win in those situations all but twice (Pitt and Bama). We take for granted the other 9 or 10 games we could have lost but didn't bc he willed us to victory. It's called the "IT" factor and DW4 had it. It looks like TL has all the tools and then some. But it's the grind and pressure that will define him compared to DW4.

Pitt and Bama game losses were not on DW.

Jun 21, 2017, 10:56 PM

And the game vs the Nerds he technically lost bc he started and got hurt in the 1st QT.

I don't think any of DW's 3 college losses were on him.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2017, 4:32 AM

I haven't seen TL play, but Watson had that it factor. He was always cool and didn't let a bad play ruin the next play. He seemed to check to the correct play for the defense. We are recruiting on a whole new level now, so all of these guys can play. Call it a team!!!

Jun 22, 2017, 9:22 AM

What number will Lawrence be?

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic