Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TIGER FANS.... WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS!!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,262

TIGER FANS.... WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS!!!!

Mar 20, 2017, 10:12 AM

Amazing how this is life crushing news to many of you - or how you are representing your opinions on Coach Brownell staying at Clemson.

WE ARE BETTER THAN THE CLASSLESS COMMENTS WE ARE PUTTING OUT THERE ABOUT ONE OF OUR OWN!!!!!!

We ALL want to win more games, we ALL want to have our basketball team dancing in March. We ALL want to sign the best recruits.

I hope everyone that has made just one written or verbal outburst over this news, will put at least some energy into realizing:

1. We ALL wear the TigerPaw and ALL who do should be supported until they don't anymore
2. Coach Brownell DOES NOT WORK FOR YOU - - he works for Clemson University and while you might not be enamored with his overall record - - He is a Clemson coach and deserves better than this.
3. Coach Brownell does have an obligation to REPRESENT YOU - the fans, the community, the university, the students, the donors, etc... all while having his every move put on the front page of the paper every day.
And feel he has done so with class, professionalism and commitment that we should acknowledge and appreciate.

I choose to support this program, this coach and think all of Clemson nation should - - because don't hang our own out to dry.

Show some class Tiger fans!!!! You don't have to agree with the decision - - but we all need to support a program that has Clemson Tigers across the front of their uniforms!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TIGER FANS.... WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS!!!!

Mar 20, 2017, 10:15 AM

"ONE OF OUR OWN!!!!!!"

How exactly is Coach Brownell "ONE OF OUR OWN!!!!!!"... He is being paid to be here he has no connection to the University other than a pay check.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Mar 20, 2017, 10:18 AM

Exactly...he's an employee and not a good one at that

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2017, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Re: TIGER FANS.... WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS!!!! ]

So none of the Head Coaches that didn't go to Clemson are not "one of our own" and they are just collecting a paycheck??? Football, baseball, soccer, etc....
None of those are "One of our own"???

Mar 20, 2017, 10:23 AM

You become a part of Clemson when you etch your name into Clemson lore.

Only thing he has etched is failure and mediocrity.

Like Dabo? Danny? Ellis? Barnes? OP? Etc...***

Mar 20, 2017, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: TIGER FANS.... WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS!!!! ]

Re: Like Dabo? Danny? Ellis? Barnes? OP? Etc...***

Mar 20, 2017, 10:35 AM

You become a part of Clemson by etching your name in stone but actually doing something. What had Brownell done for Clemson to be considered a part of it?

What in 20+ years are people going to remember about these 7 years? He is not a part of Clemson. He has not EARNED that.

Clemson athletes EARN that by wearing the Jersey by going to class by earning that degree. Clemson students EARN that by walking that stage and by wearing the ring proudly.

So, you can only be a part of Clemson if you are successful.

Mar 20, 2017, 10:57 AM

Got it. What about the students/athletes that don't graduate? Are they part of Clemson?

Don't get me wrong, I think it's time for BB to go. To pretend he's not part of Clemson is just hating.

If you want an achievement to attribute to BB, how about his ACC winning pct? Highest in the history of Clemson basketball. Is that enough for him to be a part of Clemson?

I love Clemson basketball, but I hate what Brownell has done

Mar 20, 2017, 10:18 AM

to it.

Thanks, Dan "Don't know #### about basketball" Radakovich.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He has been paid millions of dollars...

Mar 20, 2017, 10:22 AM

by Clemson University and he hasn't delivered. I think even he would admit that at this point, he would have hoped to have us in the NCAA's a few times. While he has represented himself and the university with class, he will ultimately be judged on wins and losses, and in that area, he hasn't lived up to his contract.

And, just because I'm disappointed he was brought back doesn't mean I won't support the program or hope they win every game next year (as I'm sure most other Alums/fans would agree).

WE ARE BETTER THAN THE MEDIOCRITY BB AND DRAD GIVE US!

Mar 20, 2017, 10:24 AM

Brownell makes plenty enough money to take on the

Mar 20, 2017, 10:24 AM

burdens that go with being a head coach at a major program - the good and the bad. As an alum and long-suffering basketball fan, simply shutting up and taking it as you're suggesting is a weak option. Fans have an absolute right to be displeased at the state of the program and the current actions being taken, and it's well within our rights, I would say responsibility even, to voice that.

Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2017, 10:30 AM

He works for us cause our $ to tickets and Iptay pays his paycheck

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,262
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic