Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TEXAS A&M ANALYSIS! BODY BAGS BY HALF-TIME
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

TEXAS A&M ANALYSIS! BODY BAGS BY HALF-TIME

Sep 7, 2018, 1:47 PM

I watched their game against NWST and came up with a proper analysis of the game. Yes, I know that they played vanilla, but that has nothing to do with the ability of their offensive line, defensive line, and accuracy of the QB. It also has nothing to do with a WR's ability to catch a pass or their defense's ability to tackle an opponent. Their play calling was vanilla for sure, but that has nothing to do with unit ability against said opponent. I predict Body Bags by Half-Time. Below I will provide an in depth analysis of just the 1st Quarter of play. This should show you the predicted outcome that I've arrived at.

NWST: DEFENSIVE STATS FOR 1st QTR:

Penetration of the Texas A&M Offensive Line: 11 Times they penetrated and plays that would have been sacks were not registered because they did not have the speed to do so. Clemson's front seven would have gotten sacks on at least 60% of those plays.

QB Hurries/Pressure: 2 Times they were able to pressure the QB into either throwing it away or running for yardage to extend a drive. Clemson would have had either a sack or an interception because NWST's secondary was atrocious.

Tackles for Loss: This is including the one sack that they had in the 1st Qtr of play. However, the NWST defense was able to divvy up three tackles for loss. It's safe to say that Clemson's defense would multiply that by a large exponent.

Sacks: Only one sack during the first quarter of play, but bear in mind that NWST was able to produce three sacks during the total time of play.

NWST: OFFENSIVE STATS FOR 1st QTR:

Plays of more than 3 yards up the middle: 1 play rendered a gain of more than 3 yards up the middle. They threw a pass underneath and gained a positive gain.

Plays of more than 3 yards on the outside: 3 plays produced a gain of more than 3 yards to the boundary or outside. The NWST Demons would have had more but all others were called back by penalties which negated their ability to extend drives. Clemson is more disciplined than they are.

Plays of more than 5 Yards on up the middle: ZERO because Texas A&M has a decent LB corps. Clemson will have to spread them out to open plays up the middle. This is in regards to passing or rushing.\

Plays of more than 5 Yards on the Outside: There were two plays that happened where NWST gained more than 5 yards on the outside. This happened with run plays on the off tackle. Texas A&M is weak on the outside or boundary defensively.

Plays of more than 10 yards up the middle: 1 play was successful up the middle and it was another pass underneath where Texas A&M was thinking run to the outside. Clemson is going to be able to exploit this all night tomorrow night if they execute this. Several other plays would have occurred up the middle, but due to dropped passes they did not unfold to fruition.

Plays of more than 10 yards on the outside: One play was a very quick pass to the outside that resulted in about 8 yards after catch. Give Clemson that much time and you're down another 6 or 7 points.

Conclusion: NWST does not have the caliber of defensive players that Clemson possesses. Their defensive front four looks like our line backer corps. Except our front four is faster and more explosive than their line backer corps. It's going to be nasty folks. They will be lucky to score at all if our defense is as advertised. Meaning, if our seniors go out there to play instead of playing not to get injured or living on accolades of the past we will annihilate them fairly easily.

Under Kelly Bryant or Trevor Lawrence, our offense should be able to attack the boundary and score quickly each drive. This will cause them to spread out and allow our QB and RBs to run straight up the middle for chunk yards.

SIMPLY PUT: Texas A&M simply does not bring enough to the table to stop us. They may be able to slow us down on a few drives, but it's going to be nasty and over early. I predict an empty stadium by start of 3rd Qtr. It's going to be quiet in about the first hour of the game. Well, unless I'm putting too much stock in Clemson which I highly argue that I'm not. If we attack the outside first and capitalize off of their weak boundary defense we will be just fine. The defense just has to stop one QB, one RB, and One WR to be effective. Especially if they're able to gain penetration into the back field better than NWST was able to do. Penalties played a big part in the failure of NWST. I'm not saying that NWST would have won, but the score would have been much closer if NWST didn't lose plays and yardage due to the massive amount of penalties that occurred during the game. I'd like to think that Clemson is more disciplined than they are.

SCORE PREDICTION BY QTR:

1st QTR: Clemson 21 Texas A&M 3

2nd QTR: Clemson 28 Texas A&M 10

3rd QTR: Clemson 35 Texas A&M 17

4th QTR: Clemson 49 Texas A&M 20

FINAL CLEMSON 49 Texas A&M 20

KEY TEXAS A&M PLAYERS:

QB: KELLY MOND ANSWER: DE's either side

RUNNING BACK: Treyveon Williams ANSWER: Wilkins/Lawrence PLUS LB CORPS

WR: Jhamon Ausbon ANSWER: KAVON WALLACE/MARK FIELDS

DEFENSE: KINGSLEY KEKE ANSWER: Hunter Renfrow/ TEE HIGGINS/ Justyn Ross/ Any WIDEOUT/ Travis Etienne/ Any Running Back/ Any TE BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE STINKS!

GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: TEXAS A&M ANALYSIS! BODY BAGS BY HALF-TIME

Sep 7, 2018, 1:51 PM

The word penetration...one would think it would be spelled ###########.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2018, 3:43 PM

Penetration....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2018, 2:09 PM

huh-huh, you said penetrate

I’m in Chesty. I got 31-6 or 31-13. The 12 man is done early

Sep 7, 2018, 2:33 PM

in the 3rd and out in the parking lots lapping up the last of the Busch light and brisket.

Re: I’m in Chesty. I got 31-6 or 31-13. The 12 man is done early

Sep 7, 2018, 2:44 PM

Hopefully, they share some of that Brisket. I mean, the Smoking Pig has great Brisket, but they won't be out there at College Station.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Sep 7, 2018, 3:52 PM

I really hope you’re right. Old ticker could use a few quick scores and put away quickly but I just think they have more talent than to get pummeled like that. As others have posted, they’ve actually recruited very well. Obviously they didn’t know how to develop said talent but when has any game against jumbo been easy.

I agree with Dabo- think it takes our A game to bring home a W.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic