Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Expert on infectious diseases on Joe Rogan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 4,183

Expert on infectious diseases on Joe Rogan

Mar 14, 2020, 8:38 AM

This is a good watch for those seeking realistic and accurate information about Covid-19 and what Americans and indeed the rest of the planet can possibly expect from this outbreak .
https://youtu.be/cZFhjMQrVts

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I watched this, and it's what really woke me up!

Mar 14, 2020, 8:52 AM

Scared me a bit, as well!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I watched this, and it's what really woke me up!

Mar 14, 2020, 11:45 AM

Do some research on the expert. He is a doomsday prophet from what I gather.

Re: I watched this, and it's what really woke me up!

Mar 14, 2020, 6:06 PM

You gather wrong . Look at his education , his experience over decades with this stuff ... his published works .

If this person isn't an expert on such things then I don't guess the word expert holds any meaning anymore for anything .

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Yet the so called virus has tapered of in China & S Korea.

Mar 14, 2020, 8:56 AM

GD Fearmongers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yet the so called virus has tapered of in China & S Korea.

Mar 14, 2020, 9:05 AM

Minus the “gd”. .......???? Lamp came today.... spring story.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Mar 14, 2020, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Yet the so called virus has tapered of in China & S Korea. ]

Did you watch the video?

The guest did not strike me as a fear monger. Your response strikes me as a 'Shoot the Messenger' sort of response. What sort of knowledge and experience makes you or your view something that should influence the rest of us?

BTW, I'm a low key, que sera sera sort. I'm not fearful of the illness. I'm not a 'the government should do something' sort. What led you to talk about this medical guy and another wide swath of medical professionals as fear mongers?

I'm curious.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 14, 2020, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Yet the so called virus has tapered of in China & S Korea. ]

You apparently didn’t listen to the video, as he explained why there has been a decrease in the number of cases in those areas. He was presenting facts and trying to create awareness.

A lot of people are playing this virus off as the flu and no big deal, but when it takes someone close to you, it’s going to have a whole new look to folks.

China and S Korea are doing things that we are not doing.

Mar 14, 2020, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Yet the so called virus has tapered of in China & S Korea. ]

How many 10,000 bed hospitals did we build in less than 2 weeks? How many tests per day are we doing? Are we using Chloroquine on a widescale basis? We have no idea the real number of deaths in China. Only what has been reported.

Denial is how people deal with scary stuff, but you should take precautions if you are older than 50 or have previous a condition.

"So called virus?"

Mar 14, 2020, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Yet the so called virus has tapered of in China & S Korea. ]

If its not a virus then what is it?

Mar 14, 2020, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Yet the so called virus has tapered of in China & S Korea. ]

It has , but it's been because they've hit hard at the epicenters and they've restricted peoples movements and social interaction .
Like the scientist says in the video , expect that number of new patients to once again increase in a place like China once they lift the curfews and folks start moving around again .

DB23

Re: Expert on infectious diseases on Joe Rogan

Mar 14, 2020, 9:08 AM

This is good. Another poster had posted this the other day, well worth the listen.

What I don't understand. Why not give everyone a mask and make it mandatory for people to wear them for the next month etc. When they're in close contact places along with the other measures.

What am I missing except that the masks are made in China?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 14, 2020, 9:35 AM

I was listening to a health care professional answer that question and he gave a few reasons: the basic mask will cause you to breathe heavily after a short period so you’ll be pulling it down to take deeper breaths and it will get sweaty or itchy - both of these things will cause you to touch your face more with your hands, they are really only good for about two hours before they become saturated with your own nasty expectorant, and lastly this doctor said he and his people need them more than you because they are coming into close contact with sick people all day so don’t panic buy them all up so health care professionals end up without them. Keeping that social distancing thing seems to be at least as good a solution for most as does wearing a mask. There’s a lot of opinions out there but common sense will always be a great option. The fact it has ruined our golf watching options is crushing to me.

Mar 14, 2020, 9:50 AM

Yes, I was really hoping we'd at least have golf. And you are right about the masks. I was talking more that people would only wear them for short periods of time. Say, just when you run into the grocery store etc.

The good masks you can't find. There are some carbon filled masks that do a great job and are comfortable for longer periods of time.

You really do have to be mindful of touching. I wear one at work and it's a hassle. The best thing is to practice social distance and proper hygiene.

Thanks for the response, it was very helpful.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 14, 2020, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Expert on infectious diseases on Joe Rogan ]

masks are one-time items. You don't wear the same mask for days at a time.

Mar 14, 2020, 3:35 PM

P-100 respirators will work better than the n95 face masks, do not build heat like the n95 facemasks, can be worn repeatedly, and are cheaper in the long run.

Oh- and they are probably on the shelf at your local Lowe's.

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Removal-Respirator-Medium-6297PA1/dp/B00063Y25U/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3223VEZEAF3G4&dchild=1&keywords=3m+respirator+mask&qid=1584214384&sprefix=3m+respirator+%2Caps%2C167&sr=8-3

Then get the 7093 particulate filter to put on them. You're set.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 14, 2020, 9:24 AM

Nah Trump has a hunch it will be gone any day now. We'll be 100 percent by April. This is all probably the biggest setup for an April fools joke ever.

/S

This interview has already been discussed ad-nauseum in

Mar 14, 2020, 10:18 AM

another thread: https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/The-best-info-Ive-seen-concerning-CoVid-19-from-leading-26991681

Ask yourself this; if Dr. (PhD not Medical) Michael Osterholm is the expert of experts - then why hasn't the CDC or Dr. Fauci grabbed him up in their fight against COVID-19? He is no stranger to the CDC - even worked for them in the 90's and 2000's - so why haven't they called him up to the big leagues to contribute in the fight against COVID-19?

My suspicion, especially after his appearance on Tucker Carlson last night, is that Osterholm is a smart guy whose studies drove him to write two "virus apocalypse books" warning us of our inevitable doom, but he doesn't really have anything of value to offer the experts at the CDC. I don't doubt his belief in what he is saying but I don't find his message particularly convincing. Based on his interview last night, his basic message is "see I told you we were unprepared and now we are screwed" combined with a dose of "the Government experts are lying and the public needs to know the US medical system is not capable of dealing with this". He offered no solutions or possibilities that this is anything but a global doomsday. It's almost like he wants the public to panic - as if he needs this COVID-19 pandemic to be as bad as possible in order to validate his life's work.

So if you want to listen to Osterholm and accept his opinions as fact and cower in the corner waiting for death to come - that's up to you. As for me - I'll listen to the real experts at the CDC and the Dr. Fauci crowd before I succumb to Osterholm's "we are all screwed" take.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dr Fauci is credible. Others also have credentials & provide

Mar 14, 2020, 11:09 AM

plausible information. There’s a lot of “commonality” amongst the experts in the medical and public health community regarding COVID - 19. This is more reassuring than a single source of information from a government team of experts.

I value independent validation of what are government is saying.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This interview has already been discussed ad-nauseum in

Mar 14, 2020, 11:23 AM [ in reply to This interview has already been discussed ad-nauseum in ]

I completely missed that thread so thanks for that .
I do think it is important that the public be completely informed and not just about how to try to avoid infection , but also on what is pertinent to abating this thing as quickly as possible .
Gonna take the whole village and it's gonna be a while ... and that's from the CDC and this guy as well as many many experts the worldwide.
No panic , no particular worry but I do think that keeping oneself aware and on top of the latest info is supremely important in dealing with these kids of things .

DB23

I didn't mean to go off on the thread or Dr. Osterholm

Mar 14, 2020, 11:57 AM

The Josh Rogan interview was one of Osterholm's calmer moments. However, in the last couple of days I've seen this guy on numerous TV shows culminating in the Tucker Carlson interview last night. With each successive show he gets worse - almost to the point of being a doomsday prophet wanting the masses to accept this "our medical system can't save us" from the COVID-19 beast mantra. Guess I finally had enough of the doom and gloom as I firmly believe the USA will handle this thing and that we are taking the right steps with the right experts leading us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I didn't mean to go off on the thread or Dr. Osterholm

Mar 14, 2020, 2:05 PM

I haven't watched him, but it sounds like he's probably right, if a bit over the top. Our medical services can't save us. Northern Italy has one of the very best medical systems in the world. They have to, because they have an aging population, which means they have to have tons of people to care for that. And we are way behind Italy in our response. Online forums I visit, with people who actually are medical experts, think we COULD be where Italy was several weeks ago: everything looks fairly calm, no big deal. But you and I are both smart enough to know that there are not a thousand people in this country with SARS COV 2. This thing is already loose in the population, spreading before people become sick, or producing mild symptoms. It won't really become scary until it finds a nesting place, like that nursing home in Washington where it's killed roughly 40 people. If it gets into the hospitals, they could become death traps, not so much because the disease is so fatal in and of itself, but because the hospitals will become overwhelmed and start to run out of supplies. Not only will people with the illness die, people will start dying with other issues, simply because hospitals will run out of personnel or materiel to treat them.

... or maybe he saw it coming... Tests are 6 weeks late. Yep***

Mar 14, 2020, 8:39 PM [ in reply to This interview has already been discussed ad-nauseum in ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 14, 2020, 12:07 PM

always thought you were a very unhappy always complaining dbag...thanks for verification

Interesting coming from you?

Mar 14, 2020, 3:52 PM

Have you ever gone 3 posts in a row without taking a potshot at someone you disagree with?

Grow up. You sound like a pussy.

Speaking of unhappy...check out your post history

Mar 14, 2020, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Expert on infectious diseases on Joe Rogan ]

...the way you speak to other people doesn't exactly scream "I love my life".

Please admit that you are a hypocrite.

Ease up on him.... He's just scared.***

Mar 14, 2020, 8:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TD, I just watched another expert on Joe Rogan, who said he

Mar 14, 2020, 12:10 PM

was an animal biologist. They put up a picture of a jaguar in Arizona and Joe asks,"What's bigger, a jaguar or a leopard". The expert said," a leapord".................Now, even this dumb redneck from powdersville knows that jaguars are about twice the size of leopards in general....

Re: TD, I just watched another expert on Joe Rogan, who said he

Mar 14, 2020, 6:20 PM

I think Rogan has some folks sometimes just for kicks , for the entertainment value . After all he's a fight-guy and a celebrity himself .
I do think though that he has a lot of very informative , consequential and seriously qualified people on his shows .
I like the guy , think he's pretty impartial and has that every day cat appeal that I like .

I could drink a beer with Joe Rogan is all I'm saying :)

DB23

Just keep your distance, TDug

Mar 14, 2020, 8:43 PM

You know...couple of meters...safety-first!
Enjoy the brews, though!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TD, I just watched another expert on Joe Rogan, who said he

Mar 14, 2020, 6:21 PM [ in reply to TD, I just watched another expert on Joe Rogan, who said he ]

I could drink a beer and also smoke a cigar with Joe Rogan is all I'm saying :)

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

DB23

I listened to the full podcast yesterday while driving and

Mar 14, 2020, 2:14 PM

I was honestly much more "scared" by the discussion of chronic wasting disease in whitetail deer towards the end of the interview.

1) I don't want to give up eating venison, and 2) that would be a truly horrific way to die.

Currently it doesn't appear able to infect humans but he claims research suggests that its slowly getting closer to being capable of doing so.

Re: I listened to the full podcast yesterday while driving and

Mar 14, 2020, 6:12 PM

Yes that ine bothers me too . I get two deer a year from a guy who hunts around Saluda NC .
That " zombie deer " thing is concerning .

DB23

Mar 14, 2020, 4:11 PM

The Garrett Reisman interview was awesome. Astronaut who works for Elon Musk now. Check that one out. Really good interview.

Mar 14, 2020, 8:39 PM

I found this informative and interesting.

Replies: 34
| visibility 4,183
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic