Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TAMU play calling and other observations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,357

TAMU play calling and other observations

Sep 9, 2018, 7:34 AM

Hats off to those guys and their play calling. It seams like every time we blitzed they had the screen setup. I wonder if it was an audible made at the line.

We should have been able to get to the QB last night just rushing 4, but time after time they held our guy after getting beat with no call. That is why Mond had 400 yards passing, plain and simple.

For the first 3 quarters our play calling was backwards. What I mean is that when Bryant was in the game we were asking him to make a lot of throws that he has trouble with, and when Lawrence was in we kept calling zone read options. We need to be calling plays based upon the strength of the QB in the game.

In the 4th quarter KB2 started making all the throws. It’s like the ghost of Deshaun entered his body and took over. He saved our ###!

We were fortunate to escape last night with a victory. 10 years ago we would have folded like a lawn chair. I love what Dabo has built in Clemson.

2-0. On to the next one!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TAMU play calling and other observations

Sep 9, 2018, 7:49 AM

I agreed that it seemed they knew the exact plays to run when we blitzed. Even more impressive was the execution of the plays when the opportunities were there. The screeen pass in the 4th when their qb was being sacked and he lobbed it to the rb for long yardage, wow. If Mond plays the rest of the season like he did last night, they will have an excellent season.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe you should watch again

Sep 9, 2018, 8:01 AM

Kelly made all the throws in the 3rd quarter as we went up 28-13.

In the 4th quarter, Kelly completed 1 of 3 passes, for 5 yards, as A&M scored 13 unanswered. The whole quarter we had 15 plays. 3 punts, 3 pass attempts, 1 ETN run, and 8 KB runs.

Sep 9, 2018, 8:02 AM

Something to keep in mind. Mond’s been working with DW4, and/or picking his brain. And he was his model and Streeter wanted him but he backed off since hunter and Chase committed. Maybe we should have gone after him instead of hunter? Not saying just asking. Seems kinda like we’re confused on what we want to run. Rpo or pro...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2018, 8:10 AM

I thought despite the holds our defense got to the qb early and often. Mond was under pressure a lot and made most of his glory throws on the run. Plain and simple they just made some plays on offense. A couple of monds throws were bad decisions but they ended up with the td.

Sep 9, 2018, 8:29 AM

I agree precisely with everything you said!! Jimbo knew exactly what plays to call to exploit weaknesses in our defense. Especially in the first half, our play calling was "zone read right, bubble screen left, rinse, repeat. This reminds me a lot of two years ago when our offense looked so flat early in the year and we barely squeaked by Troy. The good thing is we went on to win the Natty in spite of it. But I still think Jimbo gave our coaches a clinic in how to call plays.

Sep 9, 2018, 8:46 AM

I think CBV had several 3's in the game when we were up 15 in the 3rd, and TAM scored easily to get back to an 8 point deficit. Even XT, as great as that guy is, made a critical bad PI play to extend their drive, Without that play, TAM has to punt and the game would probably have never been that close. This is who we are - CLEMSON plays a lot of guys to get the needed experience. We survived it, and gained experience doing it. It was the best teaching game we've had in years IMO. Kudos to our coaches.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,357
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic