Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
T J Green...big mi$take...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

T J Green...big mi$take...

Jan 22, 2016, 9:18 PM

Per NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000626975/article/2016-nfl-draft-7-players-who-should-have-stayed-in-school

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: T J Green...big mi$take...

Jan 22, 2016, 9:26 PM

He probably got caught up in all his teammates leaving. Didn't want to be left behind.

Jan 23, 2016, 1:09 AM

He probably didn't want to watch the video of the Natty again with his teammates and see his 2 coverage busts that cost us the game.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2016, 1:30 AM

Really? You feel the need to put him down ? You don't know his situation and the thought behind his decision. If that's the way you feel then you shouldn't have a problem with his choice.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2016, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Re: T J Green...big mi$take... ]

First bust he got fooled by the OJ Howard fake block. Give Howard and Lane Kiffin credit for that one. It was a well called and well executed play.

Impossible to tell if the second bust was on him or Adrian Baker. Looks like each one thought the other was supposed to go deep. Only BV knows for sure.

Green ran down Howard on his third catch and nearly ran down the kick return. He's got wheels.

Jan 22, 2016, 9:55 PM

Some make the decision based on financial and personal situations.

Jan 22, 2016, 10:19 PM

I am all about players leaving early to get paid, I would do the same. However, he may never get paid by an NFL team and now he has no degree either.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he doesn't get picked up

Jan 23, 2016, 12:25 AM

I'm sure Dabo will help him get his degree. This ain't cootlumbia.

Football Scholarships R for life.

Jan 23, 2016, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: T J Green...big mi$take... ]

Dabo took care of this a few years ago. That's how we have guys like Terry Allen back getting a degree and helping out.

Jan 23, 2016, 12:24 AM

TJ had some wonderful moments this year. He really made some fantastic plays, BUT he also had some major busts. NFL teams will not accept that. Of course I wish him the best but I think he absolutely could have used another year.

I was dead wrong on Martavis

Jan 23, 2016, 12:30 AM

But I'll agree TJ shoulda stayed.

Re: I was dead wrong on Martavis

Jan 23, 2016, 12:44 AM

Playing next to Mack made playing Safety a lot easier and it made those 2 look good. Tank is no scrub either. Plus they had elite pass rushers during both years. Both will have good combines and their tape might have gotten more exposed this upcoming year with a young D line and no Mack. I think we are good at safety, more worried about corner. TJ played a lot more snaps in 3 years than most expected him to play in 5. I think we have to let it play out to really see. NFL drafts so much in potential, coaches think they can coach anyone with size and speed. See Clowny.

Re: I was dead wrong on Martavis

Jan 23, 2016, 8:55 AM [ in reply to I was dead wrong on Martavis ]

Martavis would have been a 1-2 round pick if he had stayed—or he would have gotten kicked off the team.

He's been a one-man highlight reel when he's on his game, but has also been suspended for drugs and has been called out for poor work ethic.

Jan 23, 2016, 1:47 AM

I will put money on it that he makes a team!!

He will definitely make a team due to his speed alone. He

Jan 23, 2016, 8:10 AM

needs more coaching at safety and could have gotten drafted higher next year with a solid season, but even if he is just a special teams player he'll be making $300k a year. Get some coaching at his position, and maybe get a shot down the road. There has got to be something else to his situation, otherwise he would have been back.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic