Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Syracuse roll call and clothing color - purple?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Syracuse roll call and clothing color - purple?

Nov 8, 2015, 6:17 PM

Who'll be there?
Should we wear purple to stand out from "the Orange"?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Business suits... purple is for the Wake.***

Nov 8, 2015, 6:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For "we" I meant us fans. I expect our team in business white

Nov 8, 2015, 6:26 PM

Just want them and everyone on TV to see how well our fans travel and not sure they'll see that if we're dressed in orange

You want fans to wear their business suits?

Nov 8, 2015, 6:58 PM [ in reply to Business suits... purple is for the Wake.*** ]

Interesting

No unis. Just jock strap, shoulder pads, and helmet

Nov 8, 2015, 6:24 PM

duct tape the knee and thigh pads on

and White helmets

Nov 8, 2015, 6:52 PM

With Pink paw

Re: Syracuse roll call and clothing color - purple?

Nov 8, 2015, 7:04 PM

There may be more Clemson fans at the game than Syracuse fans. Not exaggerating.

Definitely don't wear orange, you'll make the Scott Shafer apologists think there are more SU fans in the building than there really are.
Stick to Purple or white, and show the national TV audience how well Clemson travels.

Remember when McNabb, Harrison and company torched you guys in the Gator bowl? Hard to believe a program could fall so far. You guys are having an amazing season, soak it in, have fun., and good luck the rest of the way. SU fans can only dream about being undefeated.

Nov 10, 2015, 8:51 AM

That was a great Syracuse team. I remember the Gator Bowl well. was it 40-0?

how full do you expect the carrier dome to be? 75%? The fans were very gracious on our last trip to cuse.

Nov 10, 2015, 9:23 AM

> That was a great Syracuse team. I remember the Gator
> Bowl well. was it 40-0?
>
> how full do you expect the carrier dome to be? 75%?
> The fans were very gracious on our last trip to cuse.

Hard to say...we had 45k in there for LSU...but this game is weird. I've never seen less buzz for playing a #1 team in the Dome ever. Enduring 15 years of generally sucky teams has eroded a once proud 45-50k game day fanbase to about 25k diehards.

A 6 game losing streak (soon to be 7 game) will do that. I'm expecting about 30k at kickoff, 35k max and about 5k at the final gun. Northern fans are NFL like bandwagon fans...we don't support losers.

Shafer has worn out his welcome...if he doesn't win 5 games this year I don't see him surviving.

Oh yeah? Well Scott has a message for all you hatahs...

Nov 10, 2015, 9:42 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

that's not nice...***

Nov 10, 2015, 9:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'll Be There

Nov 8, 2015, 7:55 PM

I'm trying to figure out the same things - where to park and what color to wear.

I'm thinking I'll wear purple over orange so I can adjust should Syracuse decide blue is their color of choice for this game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Purple . . . & $2 bills . . . only way the Tiger Faithful

Nov 10, 2015, 9:26 AM

will stand out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Nov 10, 2015, 9:36 AM

Any idea how many you bringing this year? You had about 7k last time...but I expect November chill and the novelty wearing off will reduce that.

# of Clemson fans?

Nov 10, 2015, 12:25 PM

Good question. Does anyone know what our allotment was and if we sold it?

I had tickets 2 years ago but family emergency kept me from attending. So this will be my first trip. Flying into Buffalo. There is so much to do in the area that I can see myself making a mini vacation and going every other year for many years to come. Hope the rest of the traveling tigers feel the same way.

Nov 10, 2015, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Syracuse roll call and clothing color - purple? ]

We will be there. Went two years ago and had a blast Friday night at the official IPTAY gathering at a place downtown. (Free food and Clemson giveaways too) Met a lot of nice people. I checked today with CU and they said they were not aware of any official or unofficial Friday gatherings. If anyone knows an IPTAY rep up there they should contact the ticket office who can send out an e-mail to those who bought tickets through them noting where we can all meet.

Last time we wore orange and were all in our corner endzone sections. We did not have to do anything to stand out for TV as by half-time the few Syracuse mans that were there left early.

PS: The dome is a real dump compared to Atlanta or New Orleans. The cinder block wall concourse reminded us of a youth hockey rink!

I say wear white***

Nov 10, 2015, 9:56 AM

Re: I say wear white***

Nov 10, 2015, 12:46 PM

I'll be there, flying up from Florida. Have a good friend that lives there. I most likely will be wearing white. GO Tigers!!!

Nov 10, 2015, 2:32 PM

I say less important than the color of your clothes, is the presence you make known with your voices! Yell so much you can't talk after the game. When the silence of their stadium suddenly echoes with resounding Cadence Calls and C...L....E....M....S....O..........N.... our force will be known.
Orange, White, Purple... just make noise and stick together for the game. Tiger faithful always stick out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"There's something in these hills and I suspect that's what it is - the ability of an institution through the unending dedication and greatness of its people - its administration, its faculty, its staff, its students and alumni - to impart to all it touches a respect, an admiration, an affection that stands firm in disquieting times when things around it give impressions of coming unglued." - Joe Sherman '34

Nov 10, 2015, 2:33 PM

Also.......

*insert sad face here for not being able to make this trip.. definitely on my list*

"There's something in these hills and I suspect that's what it is - the ability of an institution through the unending dedication and greatness of its people - its administration, its faculty, its staff, its students and alumni - to impart to all it touches a respect, an admiration, an affection that stands firm in disquieting times when things around it give impressions of coming unglued." - Joe Sherman '34

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic