Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Syracuse may have the moxie to knock off the Irish.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Syracuse may have the moxie to knock off the Irish.

Oct 28, 2018, 7:31 AM

That would be glorious! Go Tigers!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Northwestern

Oct 28, 2018, 7:33 AM

Doesn't do it first...and it's very likely. Very.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly what I was thinking. Would love to see it.***

Oct 28, 2018, 7:33 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Syracuse may have the moxie to knock off the Irish.

Oct 28, 2018, 7:34 AM

Agreed. They looked like they still had some fight left in them yesterday. Also think N’western could beat ND.

I’ll go ahead and predict with either Cuse or NW will beat ND. It sure as heck ain’t gonna be FSU, haha

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2018, 7:36 AM

I hope not. If they do you will see 2 SEC teams in CFP. And the second team will have 2 losses.

Oct 28, 2018, 7:43 AM

Not a chance. Two teams ain’t getting in. Last year was an odd scenario. Now if LSU beats bama, that could get trickier, but still you’re talking about the second team having multiple loss’. Not gonna happen.

Bama
Clemson
LSU
Georgia
Ohio state
Michigan
ND
Oklahoma

These are the teams that can still make it. Some of them play each other still, so worry not. It’ll all shake out. Just takes a full 13 games to fully shake out.

Oct 28, 2018, 7:46 AM

What about UCF?

Oct 28, 2018, 9:28 AM

Hahahahahahahahahaha

No

Oct 28, 2018, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Syracuse may have the moxie to knock off the Irish. ]

If you put them in the playoffs you might as well just give a bye to whoever they play.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2018, 7:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Syracuse may have the moxie to knock off the Irish. ]

In your list, LSU and UGA both have another loss coming. LSU lacks the offense to beat BAMA and it does not have the pass rush of years past. Meatchickens and Ole Chest Pain teams play still so drop one of them. Oklahoma still has to play WVU and title game but they have as good a chance as the winner of the BIG14 to be #4.

How I would like the final CFP poll to look:

Bama
Clemson
ND
Michigan

Michigan has a defense to inflict some pain on Bama before the NC game meeting with Clemson.

Oct 28, 2018, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Syracuse may have the moxie to knock off the Irish. ]

You forgot West Virginia. They control their destiny if win out. That would mean beating Oklahoma..... likely twice.

Oct 28, 2018, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Syracuse may have the moxie to knock off the Irish. ]

Why not West Virginia? They have the same path as Oklahoma.

Oct 28, 2018, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Syracuse may have the moxie to knock off the Irish. ]

Also Kentucky has the same path as UGA and Mike Leach and Washington State say “hello”

Oct 28, 2018, 7:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Syracuse may have the moxie to knock off the Irish. ]

I am keeping my fingers crossed to stayed ranked second with the Irish third. Would be glorious to curb stomp them in the playoff. We can play our reserves by the end of the third and keep everyone healthy for the final against Bama. I do not want LSU or Georgia in the semi with Bama in the final.

Oct 28, 2018, 7:48 AM

I agree. Second or third with notre dame in the mix is alright with me. Their season is already reminding me of 2013 and I would love a light game prep before Bama

Oct 28, 2018, 7:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Syracuse may have the moxie to knock off the Irish. ]

If Notre Dames loses, as long as Oklahoma, Michigan, Clemson and Alabama win out, that's your CFP. All 1-loss or undefeated conf champs and UGA/LSU/UF/UK all likely 2-losses or more.

Why in the world do you want them to lose

Oct 28, 2018, 7:47 AM

Me, I want Bama,Clemson and ND to remain unbeaten going in to the CFP. I want ND as our semi game, we win that easily. Setting up the Clash of the Titans in the NC game. Notice I care nothing about #4, Bama will get them and as such whomever it is does not matter to me. ND is the team I want, we can and will destroy them in front of the whole country, just like tOSU was destroyed.

I just don't think the Irish will make it to the

Oct 28, 2018, 8:01 AM

Playoffs. So then who will Clemson play if we run the table to the playoffs?

Re: I just don't think the Irish will make it to the

Oct 28, 2018, 8:08 AM

My opinion this ND team is the same as the one BAMA crushed in the NC game, they will likely somehow manage to go undefeated and end up #2 or #3, media loves them some ND. Thing is ND on the big stage against a real team leaves the media with egg on their faces everytime. Clemson destroys ND in a semi game.

But if they do not who do we play?

Oct 28, 2018, 8:12 AM

Michigan?

Re: But if they do not who do we play?

Oct 28, 2018, 9:22 AM

I think it will be tOSU, old Khaki pants will lay another egg in the big game . tOSU is not nearly as bad as they looked at Purdue, they are not in Bama nor Clemson league in my opinion but Old Chest Pain is a good coach.

Actually, I believe tOSU

Oct 28, 2018, 11:32 AM

Is really that bad. Will they beat Michigan...hmmm. Hmmm...I don't know...but, I don't not know...either.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Actually, I believe tOSU

Oct 28, 2018, 11:47 AM

I see your point, not sure either is actually really very good but I would trust in Ole Chest Pain far more as a HC to win than Jimmy KhakiPants.

doesn’t matter anymore. We’ve proven to anyone with 1/2 a

Oct 28, 2018, 8:05 AM

Brain that we are in the top 2. There is a clear drop off after 2. I wouldn’t mind playing Notre Dame and being the ones to expose them. Don’t get me wrong if they lose I’ll be happy with that too.

Message was edited by: lovingit®

Please no. I want to destroy them in Orange Bowl

Oct 28, 2018, 8:15 AM

I wanted them to lose when everyone thought there would be 6 undefeated teams but not now. They are a fraud.

They finally played another team like they always play us!

Oct 28, 2018, 8:16 AM

It's like we're their Super Bowl every year, guess we better get used to it. Just glad they decided to play like that vs opponent! Please do it one more time vs the Irish, and stomp a mud hole in the imposters!

Oct 28, 2018, 9:29 AM

Don’t have the braIns to do it though. Not on the road either.

Oct 28, 2018, 9:48 AM

If the Irish lose Fowler and ESPN will try to find a way to get 3 SEC teams in......and I'm serious.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Longshot but my scenario with 3 SEC in CFP

Oct 28, 2018, 12:47 PM

PAC 12 doesn't matter.
Big 12 beats up a little on itself and champion has 2 or more losses.
Big 10 championship is won by whoever comes out of the West.
Alabama loses a good game to LSU.
LSU wins out in the regular season.
Georgia wins out.
Georgia beats LSU in a game that goes multiple OT's and/or LSU plays better but loses on points.

A lot of what ifs but certainly possible and I think would put Clemson, Bama, LSU, and Georgia in the CFP.

They might, but why do we care?

Oct 28, 2018, 9:56 AM

Are we trying to clear a path and still make the playoffs. Personally, I would love to meet the Irish in the CFP.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2018, 12:16 PM

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if FSU knocks them off...I know it sounds weird after that game yesterday but ND has been barely coasting against some below par teams. And FSU isn't THAT bad. We're just that good when we play like we did yesterday.

But yeah, Cuse, Northwestern or FSU I think all have a legit shot.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic