Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: WATCH: Dino Babers reacts to 41-6 loss to Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,697

TNET: WATCH: Dino Babers reacts to 41-6 loss to Clemson

Sep 15, 2019, 8:43 AM

WATCH: Dino Babers reacts to 41-6 loss to Clemson

Syracuse head coach Dino Babers reacts to his team's 41-6 loss to No. 1 Clemson on Saturday night. "That was a heckuva football team that we played and if you l Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just a classy man and coach. I hope he has much success

Sep 15, 2019, 8:55 AM

at Syracuse EXCEPT against Clemson. The ACC really needs to step it up in football and I thought we had turned the corner back in 2016. Perhaps The Orange can lead the way with Dino.

He coaches the classiest dirty tactics in CFB.***

Sep 16, 2019, 7:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Syracuse has a good one in Babers...

Sep 15, 2019, 9:11 AM

I love that guy's professionalism, approach to his honesty and support for his players. I believe Dino is going to continue to have improved success under his leadership.

I looked him as coach, and he just seems to be a class act for Syracuse.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Syracuse has a good one in Babers...

Sep 15, 2019, 9:11 AM

I love that guy's professionalism, approach to his honesty and support for his players. I believe Dino is going to continue to have improved success under his leadership.

I looked him as coach, and he just seems to be a class act for Syracuse.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: Syracuse has a good one in Babers...

Sep 15, 2019, 10:04 AM

Idk I’m on the fence with Babers. I think he is a good coach and they will continue to excel under him but I question that he’s honest or a stand up guy like he paints himself. It seems part of the game plan to try to injure our starting QBs to give them a shot. It worked the last 2 years but not last night. That wasn’t due to lack of trying tho. There was a good bit of late hits on Trevor and one that even baffled the announcers when the refs picked up the flag. I find it hard to believe that he is just that oblivious to his players actions and isn’t in on it. After the late hit(that was also a high hit) he didn’t scold or even say a word to the player. If the roles were reversed Dabo and venerables would have tore one of our players a new one and possibly keep them out a few plays. There’s no room in football for that kind of dirtiness. It’s literally playing with these kids livelihood and health. With so many former football players getting CTE from concussions during their playing days it is downright horrible that a coach would allow such tactics

Sep 15, 2019, 10:05 AM

Everyone should remember where he came from--Baylor. That was about as dirty a program as there was.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Sep 15, 2019, 1:20 PM

I'm absolutely convinced that somebody on that team is instructing certain players to try and hurt or take out our QB!!! There has be been just to many late very hard hits on TL and it was the same with DW4 and KB. There was one late very hard hit on TL that a ref threw a flag, and then was told to pick up the flag bc they had called an ineligible man down field call, and the late hits just continued every chance that they got that were borderline or just plain and simple dirty, and only one roughing the passer called, then they called one on us that was absolutely a good tackle, and I'm sure Dino was in the refs ear about imaginary late hits on his QB....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2019, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Syracuse has a good one in Babers... ]

That was something I noticed. Whether it is the QB or a RB or WR, they seemed to target the knees in all their tackling. It did appear that this was a “coached” tactic so I would question Baber’s truthfulness. Yes we beat you and you admit we are the superior team but how about the tackling style and the late hits on the QB when it was obvious to anyone watching that the ball had already been thrown. In the NFL, those late hits would be penalized to protect QBs. Is this poor refereeing against Clemson or is it instilled coached tactics by Baber?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2019, 10:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Syracuse has a good one in Babers... ]

Agreed. There’s no doubt they are trying to take out the QB. We discussed this last week at work and we’re expecting it to happen. It was as predictable as Jimbo Fisher’s teams flopping on the field just when their opponent is getting some momentum.

dirty dino

Sep 15, 2019, 11:42 AM

zero class in the guy teaching his players to target other players

Re: dirty dino

Sep 15, 2019, 1:24 PM

ZERO class, and if he beats Clemson anyway he can, he gets a bonus or a raise, and he don't care how he gets the win as long as he can get it!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll give him credit for no exhaustion or beat ourselves

Sep 15, 2019, 10:23 PM

excuses. Didn't appreciate the extra hits on Trevor.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,697
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic