Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Syracuse
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Syracuse

Sep 29, 2013, 12:02 AM

Anybody else worried about this game? Their new QB has some skills. First sellout in the dome in a long time. New environment for our team to be in.

Here is to hoping for a NOON kickoff in the dome!

Clemson 34
Syracuse 20

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sammy likes turf***

Sep 29, 2013, 12:02 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sammy likes turf***

Sep 29, 2013, 9:28 AM

This cusejuice character below is another one of those people from up there that have talked smack against the Tigers for weeks now. Things like we're really overrated, SU is a much more physical football team, they're gonna lock the doors and throw away the keys, we're a cocky team, they're going to beat the crap out of Boyd, etc.,etc. Here are the facts:
They have a new coach, new systems, they have a new QB who had big games against Tulane and Wagner (give me a break), they lost a tremendous amount off of last year's team, their secondary is very weak but they play (in their words) hard nosed football. I've seen tapes of games last year and that translates to they are fully capable of cheap shots. This game will not even be close unless we let it be. We need to knock them on their a..es early and pound them into submission. They're not even rated in the top 60! As for the dome, I've seen many games there and it IS very loud. However, and this is a big point, our communication is basically non-verbal on the field.
Sammy and our WR's should have a huge day, Tajh will go wild and our TIGERS beat them easily---45-16. Put simply, we will outclass them and win easily as long as we heed some of the comments here. I'll be there and can't wait for the TIGERS to take them apart piece by piece. They really need a sound whipping to welcome them to the ACC! I've read and listened to all of their crap about how weak the ACC is, how overrated Clemson is, how they're "tougher" than our tigers, how they played in 2 straight Pinstripe Bowls (What?), how this new QB is so great, how we're ripe for a Clemsoning game,etc. Wait until their QB sees the stuff coach "V" will throw at him!!! Welcome to real Division I football!!!

We need to look at the facts about the CUSE! Frist off, a new cosach, new system

3:30

Sep 29, 2013, 12:05 AM

just posted a few minutes ago

Re: Sleeper Game ... a lttle nervous.

Sep 29, 2013, 2:06 AM

SYR entering ACC would like to make a splash. Loud small dome. Get 'er done Tigers!

No one thinking or talking about SYR and WAKE is one of worst 1-A teams in country and Tiger fans are acting like we had a big win today (OK ... Homecoming and all the beer ... I get it and its cool).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was perhaps the worst Jim Grobe Wake team. They

Sep 29, 2013, 9:27 AM

are bad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If your team is 3rd in the country and you're worried about

Sep 29, 2013, 2:10 AM

a team like Syracuse, that means your team isn't as good as their ranking.

Luckily Clemson is every bit as good as their #3 ranking and will wax Syracuse. Nothing to worry about.

Don't be so cocky, we could really screw up.

Sep 29, 2013, 4:42 AM

We might win by only 30 or 40 points.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't be so cocky, we could really screw up.

Sep 29, 2013, 8:30 AM

When the spread is released today, you won't be so cocky. Although I'm pretty sure you're just having fun in the thread.

You won't be favored by 28 like Wake Forest. A sold out dome has been a nightmare for many teams that were better than your 2013 version.

Of course you'll PROBABLY win comfortably, but it wouldn't be a shocker if this is a 7-10 point game headed into the 4th.

will be fun either way.

Whatever.***

Sep 29, 2013, 9:12 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

A nightmare for many teams better than the #3 team in the

Sep 29, 2013, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Don't be so cocky, we could really screw up. ]

nation? Please list a few of the many teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. Please provide factual evidence of this claim.***

Sep 29, 2013, 10:04 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And just like that, I hate Syracuse and their yankee fans.

Sep 29, 2013, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Don't be so cocky, we could really screw up. ]

But let's hear some of the teams that are better than us that have played there. Go.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: And just like that, I hate Syracuse and their yankee fans.

Sep 29, 2013, 9:44 AM

This is a payback game! They skunked us in the Gator Bowl in 1996----46 to zip I believe.. They live in the past, talk is big but on October 5, 2013 at 3:30PM the talk will be over, they will face reality and we will introduce to the "weak" ACC, an overrated number 3 team in the country, our "poor" defense, our WR's who they supposedly will cover like a blanket, and Tajh Boyd who some up there think is also overrated!! It goes on and on.WOW!!!

You're going to need a wee bit more than a dome***

Sep 29, 2013, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Don't be so cocky, we could really screw up. ]

nm

Re: You're going to need a wee bit more than a dome***

Sep 29, 2013, 9:33 AM

You sir, hit the nail on the head! They've run their mouths for several months and Oct 5th at 3:30PM we will introduce them to the "weak" ACC, our overrated Tiger team (you know the team that hasn't beaten anyone), and arguably the most explosive offense in the country1 GOOOOOOO TTIGERS!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't expect a Wakian type point spread.

Sep 29, 2013, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Don't be so cocky, we could really screw up. ]

But I do anticipate something Wolfpackian, about two TDs.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wouldn't expect a Wakian type point spread.

Sep 29, 2013, 9:35 AM

I agree. In late spring Vegas had a pre-season line at 8. and I know some people who loaded up on this game. GOOO TIGERS!!!!

Re: I wouldn't expect a Wakian type point spread.

Sep 29, 2013, 10:19 AM [ in reply to I wouldn't expect a Wakian type point spread. ]

> But I do anticipate something Wolfpackian, about two
> TDs.

Yup. Spread just opened at -13.5. Sounds about right. game should be 7-10 points entering the 4th.

Re: Syracuse

Sep 29, 2013, 2:46 AM

Their roster is loaded with Florida guys like Louisville and WV. I thought they played kind of like thugs in some of their games. But I don't expect them to be as thugish as NCST was last week.

Every team Clemson plays from here on out will be throwing everything including the kitchen sink at Clemson. BC, GT, and MD may all be tough games because they want respect.

Sep 29, 2013, 9:45 AM

We need to give them respect by taking them one at a time and "taking them out to the shed"!

Danger Will Robinson, upset alert, trap game, whatever

Sep 29, 2013, 7:20 AM

just go do what we need to do and we will win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep the Sammich will have us on upset alert for sure!*

Sep 29, 2013, 8:22 AM

nm

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Yes. They, like NCSU have targeted this game for....

Sep 29, 2013, 8:24 AM

some time. One of their players even mentioned it at ACC Media Days. They will be fire up, new venue for us, etc. We just need to focus and play our game without lapses. Take the crowd out and keep them out.

Sep 29, 2013, 9:27 AM

I think we are that good, When our O starts hitting our stride then we will be a pretty tuff out. I mean we didnt beat UGA or anything???? Oh wait...

Sep 29, 2013, 9:37 AM

The Dome is not sold out. Still some 8-10,ooo tickets available. And that is from my contacts there.

Sep 29, 2013, 9:58 AM

lol. you need to get better contacts. definitely not sold out but way less than 8,000 remain. Although, to be honest, your contact could have been giving you pre weekend info which would have been correct.

With the 3:30 time finally announced, we'll sell out by Thursday. But, to be fair, the only reason we'll sell out is due to your awesome visitor numbers. not being sarcastic. Will be fun.

Sep 29, 2013, 10:02 AM

It was pre-weekend info as I did not get home fro m our game until well after midnite. Yes we do travel well and I've heard in the area of some 5,000 possibly more!

Sep 29, 2013, 10:15 AM

> It was pre-weekend info as I did not get home fro m
> our game until well after midnite. Yes we do travel
> well and I've heard in the area of some 5,000
> possibly more!

my people are telling me you may actually hit the 5,000 mark. remarkable showing.

Sep 29, 2013, 9:51 AM

Don't forget about our little miniature carrier dome we practice in.we will feel right at home.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic