Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Swoffie is a Two-Faced POS
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Swoffie is a Two-Faced POS

Jul 21, 2016, 6:40 PM

So Swoffie did not hesitate to pull the ACC Baseball Tourney from Myrtle Beach due to the Flag controversy, but will not pull the ACC Football or Basketball or Baseball Championships from NC due to the Transgender Bill, but the NBA took action.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not the same issue....

Jul 21, 2016, 6:42 PM

for those of us who can logic.

disclaimer: this response should in no way in hail

be read as a comment in support of John FU Swofford.

Social "Justice" BS = Social "Justice" BS***

Jul 21, 2016, 7:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

the NC bill is actually a bigger deal to potential

Jul 21, 2016, 7:27 PM [ in reply to not the same issue.... ]

spectators. I mean it actively affects some people where as the flag hanging up on a building was not affecting anyone

Re: the NC bill is actually a bigger deal to potential

Jul 22, 2016, 4:07 PM

That is a very shortsighted statement TIP, so you are saying that there are more transgendered people that would be effected by going to the CORRECT bathroom than there are black people that were offended by the Confederate flag? Wow...

I think the boycott of certain sporting events in SC was BS. But if the ACC Championship is moved from Charlotte because of the "bathroom issue" that may effect .001 % of our population is beyond ridiculous.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: Swoffie is a Two-Faced POS

Jul 21, 2016, 7:01 PM

Generation OLD news, talking about Germans, the Japs and China are there also!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2016, 8:17 PM

Thank God this is the first thing he has done that I agree with him. If they move it out of Charlotte they will move it to Florida and then it will be harder to travel.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone pulling b/c of trans bill is a LOSER

Jul 21, 2016, 7:25 PM

Freaking brain dead liberal trash.

Hi Donald***

Jul 22, 2016, 1:32 PM

it'll be interesting to see what Swoffie does if the NCAA

Jul 21, 2016, 7:47 PM

institutes a boycott similar to the flag debacle...but thats not the most 2-faced thing he's done while in Greensboro.

4/5 years ago when unc's football team was placed on NCAA probation, he actually accompanied the tarhole delegation to Indiannapolis to plead for mercy (or possibly total forgiveness) from serious sanctions for his alma mater. When asked about his presence there, Swofford gave a non-answer answer implying it was not unusual for the conference commissioner to serve in such a capacity for a league member. According to reports, it was the first time it had ever happened and it certainly has not happened since. That action, in and of itself, should have convinced some of the more lilly-livered presidents of ACC institutions that change needed to happen....but the money has been too good for any of them to rock the boat...plus, Swofford's held that postion for a long while now, has pretty much overseen the hiring of every functionary in the office, he obviously has support from some of the outside companies the conference does business (even amidst cries of nepotism for conference tv contracts), and for some of the newer presidents its probably also a case of the devil you know......as I said, the money's been good and the ACC's newer members are probably just glad to be a member of the country club

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2016, 7:57 PM

I have a feeling the NCAA will pull the b-ball tourny out of NC next year.

These redneck peckerwoods in the NC General Assembly are killing this state with their stupid unenforceable law that offers no penalties and does nothing but verbally discriminate against the LGBT community.

How exactly IS it discriminatory lefty?

Jul 21, 2016, 9:40 PM

By not offering special circumstances for a group has somehow become discriminatory?

I said this from day one of Swofford boycotting SC.

Jul 21, 2016, 8:01 PM

There is NO WAY he would have done that if it was NC in the cross hairs.

null

Jul 21, 2016, 9:12 PM

Good news is that Art Pope can afford to travel and see these games anyway.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and unless and until....

Jul 21, 2016, 10:48 PM

the rest of the schools in the conference stand-up to his double standards, NOTHING is ever going to change.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I don't agree with the law

Jul 22, 2016, 12:56 PM

but i also don't agree with pulling events and hurting tons of people not associated with the law. It's a state of 10 million, you can't just start boycotting the entire state because a few politicians decided to make up some harebrained law that not many agree with anyway

I actually think that is exactly why you can pull an event.

Jul 22, 2016, 1:09 PM

While the "power" of the democratic system is supposed to be with the PEOPLE, we often are subjected to legislation that does not reflect the common voice of the people and is more a political statement by various legislators. This leaves many constituents feeling powerless against the politicians tasked with representing them.

However, the only way to make legislators actually think about the implications of a proposed law, is by hurting the pocketbook of the state. Like or not, money talks at the highest level of politics. Losing the All-Star game was a huge loss for the state of NC and millions will echo the needless discriminatory "effect" of this bill. The nuts and bolts of the bill are pointless and the law was a mere political stance taken to address meaningless social concerns. The law had no utility.

The GA General Assembly attempted to pass a bill very similar to the NC bill. When the TV and movie industry threatened to leave and take the hundreds of millions of dollars in economic impact with them, Gov. Deal vetoed the bill. Yes, his nuts were stapled to the wall, but he made the wise choice. Sometimes, thinking of the economic benefit of the state is greater than standing up for a political issue that, in many ways, is trivial.

The people can do something about it if they want to

Jul 22, 2016, 1:38 PM [ in reply to I don't agree with the law ]

They can replace their legislators at the polls in November, they can call for a referendum vote on the law, etc.

It sucks for the people of the state, but they'll learn a valuable lesson about how important it is to elect representatives whose believes echo your own.

Jul 22, 2016, 1:24 PM

The ACC cannot move the Championship until 2019. The ACC is under contract and buyout regulation to Bank of America and The Stadium not to mention several Charlotte investments.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Legally they can almost certainly get out of it

Jul 22, 2016, 1:41 PM

The contracts were signed without the law on the books and that law could be considered an extenuating circumstance.

Re: Legally they can almost certainly get out of it

Jul 22, 2016, 3:54 PM

The problem with so many of these bills is that the general public is in favor of it for the most part, but all the other things they slip in with the bill are what sours the deal. Most of the people I know are for people using the bathrooms associated with their birth gender, and are very supportive of McCrory and company in this. The rest of the deal with regard to wrongful termination and all that, needs some work.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Legally they can almost certainly get out of it

Jul 22, 2016, 4:30 PM

Jarhead living here in Nc I totally agree, the bathroom part made sense but how they did it and the extra stuff in it made me mad. If the state let everyone use the bathroom of their choice or dressing rooms at a gym I know for sure which one most teenage boys will want to enter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic