Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Swinney ready for a new beginning
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Mar 4, 2011, 4:21 PM

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney told the media Friday afternoon that the 2010 season was a failure, and he is working to make sure 2011 isn't a repeat. The first step begins with Friday's first practice of the spring. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We all are coach! Lets make it happen! ;-)***

Mar 4, 2011, 5:02 PM

Re: Swinney ready for a new beginning

Mar 4, 2011, 5:08 PM

Swinney has gotten the easy part done, the talking about it. Now Tiger Nation wants to see the results from all the talk in WINS. Most of us are smart enough to know that he isn't going undefeated with a new offensive coach. But we do want to see big improvements in play calling and positive results from the improved play calling. Also half time adjustment left alot to be desired last year also. But, in the Spence play book, there wasn't any adjustments to make in bubble after buble, bubble after bubble screen. GOOOOOO TIGERSSSS!!!! And Dabo, and put the talk on the by the way of wins, quality winsssss....

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He admits fault, and he evens quotes Ford.

Mar 4, 2011, 6:15 PM

Henry Ford, that is ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2011, 7:40 PM

yabba dabba ########

Good constructive post!***

Mar 4, 2011, 8:15 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i just left your mom, she says she hates you***

Mar 4, 2011, 8:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Swinney ready for a new beginning ]

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Mar 6, 2011, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Swinney ready for a new beginning ]

Get off our board you coot

Mar 4, 2011, 10:43 PM

First let me say I like Dabo. But, man, that guy likes to talk. Sometimes I think he gives the media too much info. Our opponents probably sit and listen to our pre-game pressors as they build their game plan.

Just give us the standard coaching rhetoric, "excited, this player that player looks good, blah, blah". I'll be ok with that. Make the media ask questions and then choose what to answer. Don't give us everything before the Q&A.

Just my 2 cents.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Mar 6, 2011, 12:36 PM

“But now I am very comfortable when I walk into the staff room because I hired everybody in there. Not that we weren’t on the same page before, but everybody is really engaged and we are pointed in the right direction."

Still sounds like excuses to me. He was not complaining when the staff he did not hire backed into ACC champ game 2 years ago. Also sets the tone for excuses if someone leaves.

Bottom line he should be head recruiter and maybe an offensive coordinator, and still feel many more talented people to do the coordinator job.However Hands down best gimmick coach in ACC. Taking Rock on the road genious.

Mar 6, 2011, 1:35 PM

i am confused, when he took over he decided to keep everyone on the staff. No one made him keep them. He got rid of the DC,So he did hire everyone on the old staff. He seems to be talking in circles.

Exactly, he's either talking out of

Mar 6, 2011, 1:49 PM

His elbow. Or, he really is a goat boy. You fired Spence, ran off Koening, hire Napier as OC. Please, next thing is the excuses that the offensive staff is too new, our QB is inexperienced....quack, quack...

Mar 6, 2011, 12:47 PM

Everybody is ready for a new beginning and we couldn't ask for any better..........

just don't play favorites with your players, Dabo.

Mar 6, 2011, 1:20 PM

More gimmicks and laying the foundation for excuses.

Mar 6, 2011, 1:44 PM

All this talk about removing Coach Swinney as HC is real annoying. First off where do we find a new Coach? Hire one of the fired Coaches from last year? Mike Leach?(all that baggage). Hire some Coach from a smaller program?(Tommy Bowden). Even Coach Ford started off bad. I hope the AD gives Coach Swinney the time to learn because to me He looks like the best choice for now.

Mar 6, 2011, 3:25 PM

Yes. Lets give him 10 years to prove his mediocrity. Coach Ford demanded respect from players. Dabo lets running backs tell him who starts the game and gets first touch. If South Carolina hired the WR coach Clemson people would laugh about it for eternity. Instead here we embrace a crappy inexperienced hire and are fed crap like letting coach mature/get experience. 1-2 in bowls with sad loss this year. 1-2 to USC with first back to back loss in 40 years, and now a can't miss recruiting class that fanbase will be satisfied with two 8-win seasons when it is done when they should dominiate the Atlantic for next 4 years.
Definitely not the right guy for the job. You would back anyone in an Orange shirt.

Mar 6, 2011, 3:28 PM

Napier was his hire, and then his scapegoat to last year. Napier would have been better hire than Dabo.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic