Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Swinney on narrative that Bryant can't win it all: "Give me a break. That kid can beat anybody."
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

TNET: Swinney on narrative that Bryant can't win it all: "Give me a break. That kid can beat anybody."

Sep 25, 2018, 1:46 PM

Swinney on narrative that Bryant can't win it all: "Give me a break. That kid can beat anybody."

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney was asked if the change at quarterback was made with an eye towards winning the national title this season. Swinney said the goa Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I watched our offense generate a single FG in 4 quarters,

Sep 25, 2018, 2:40 PM

I can't speak for what Dabo saw, but I would love to hear him explain it in detail

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One game, different year. It has nothing to do

Sep 25, 2018, 2:49 PM

with this year, KB, or TL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell Dabo, he's the one who referenced last year***

Sep 25, 2018, 2:59 PM

Re: I watched our offense generate a single FG in 4 quarters,

Sep 25, 2018, 9:13 PM [ in reply to I watched our offense generate a single FG in 4 quarters, ]

The #1 defense in the country played their best game of the season.
Tee Higgins went down with an injury early.
Less than ideal o-line play.
Two tipped ball interceptions.

Sep 25, 2018, 9:27 PM

I don't want to pile on, so I won't. Our OL play was abysmal in that game. That's for certain, but having been a Clemson OL, it really makes your job exponentially more difficult when you QB can't seem to complete a pass beyond the LOS, the entire Defense is on the line daring you to throw it (knowing there is no threat), because they already know your QB, most likely, is going to run it himself. I like KB, but this team doesn't have the OL who can just impose its will on a good opponent, especially one as talented as and AL or a ugay. TL gives us another dimension, or two, or three, where he is a deep threat, he can utilize our other skill players and star quality receivers, or run it effectively himself, all while making the Defense guess what we will do. KB didn't seem able to do that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2018, 9:53 PM

Just what I have said all along, thing is the O-Line looked good at GT with TL in the game. He forces a defense to back out the box and he is not gonna run it hardly at all allowing th O-Line to know where to clear a dang hole. They did a good job of plowing versus GT.

Sep 26, 2018, 7:57 AM

Best performance I've seen out of them in a long time. Now, maybe that was some because of GT's defense not being very good, but I like to think it's more about the QB play and the down field threat. I expect I'm all over it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Swinney on narrative that Bryant can't win it all:

Sep 25, 2018, 3:00 PM

I like the answer from Dabo, but I strongly disagree. We could probably beat 95% of the nation with KB at QB, but a lot of those wins are due to the defense and running game. If you want to compete with a Bama, UGA, OSU..etc. You better have a QB that can stretch the field and keep 8 guys out of the box. That's why TL is the guy right now, he gives us the best chance to take it all. No need to beat around the bush with it, KB is good at what he does best, but he can't stretch the field.

Agree..If KB could win it all TL Wouldn't Be Starting

Sep 25, 2018, 3:02 PM

Its that simple.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: TNET: Swinney on narrative that Bryant can't win it all:

Sep 25, 2018, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney on narrative that Bryant can't win it all: ]

You should be a head coach somewhere.

Swinney also said that people that put the loss to Alabama i

Sep 25, 2018, 3:02 PM

"Swinney also said that people that put the loss to Alabama in the playoffs last season on Bryant don't have a clue what they are watching."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

I watched us get out coached too, but KB WAS in over his

Sep 25, 2018, 3:04 PM

head...Stevie Wonder could see that

That's most of tnet***

Sep 25, 2018, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Swinney also said that people that put the loss to Alabama i ]

Re: Swinney also said that people that put the loss to Alabama i

Sep 25, 2018, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Swinney also said that people that put the loss to Alabama i ]

Dabo isn't the type to throw his guy under the bus, so he's going to say that. KB looked like a lost puppy out their, had a lot of bad reads on the option and wildly inconsistent with his accuracy. We were in that game in the 3rd qtr, but those 2 INTS did us in. But at the same time I wasn't all that disappointed, it was his first year starting. But even now, there just hasn't been a lot of improvement and I believe he's reached his ceiling at what he can give us. Its good, its just not great.

Re: Swinney also said that people that put the loss to Alabama i

Sep 25, 2018, 9:16 PM

The two INTs weren't KB's fault:

The first he was hit as he threw and the ball went right to Dayron Payne. He had Ray Ray for an easy 6 if he could have gotten the throw off.

The second was off Deon Cain's hands.

Sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic