Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The longer I sit and ponder what transpired
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 3,003

The longer I sit and ponder what transpired

Jan 12, 2016, 3:47 PM

Last night, I am slowly coming to terms with the outcome and its effect on our future success. There's is every reason to believe we can go to the playoffs next year as well. With eSECpn's "new found respect" maybe if we lose one, we can have the benefit of a season defining loss. With the talent we have on campus and in the pipeline, we certianly have the enough to play with anybody. With the special teams debacle that was this season, I expect changes, no sure what but changes nonetheless. Like anybody, it this loss is a hard pill to swallow but we will rise up and show all the doubters in our ranks and all throughout the CFB world, Clemson is no longer coming, we've already arrived. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thought you were gonna work Sam Ponder in there,

Jan 12, 2016, 4:30 PM

but is it possible this will make the team more hungry? Will this "experience" help next year?

Re: The longer I sit and ponder what transpired

Jan 12, 2016, 4:31 PM

Agreed on Clemson's "already arrived" plus the comment on a loss. Sometimes a loss (if early) can become a motivational factor. The Ole Miss loss was a huge gut check for Bama, both in the SEC race and then over the last 2 weeks having to hear that we lost to an Ole Miss QB who wasn't good enough to play at Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2016, 4:38 PM

Well your defense did get scorched again so there was some validity in the talk. The Tigers aren't allowed to slip there's the difference between Bama and Clemson in regards to this topic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Kelly was good enough to play at Clemson...

Jan 12, 2016, 4:44 PM [ in reply to Re: The longer I sit and ponder what transpired ]

...but was a negative in the Team Chemistry at the time. He must have gotten his stuff together well enough to make it at Ole Miss

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Team Chemistry at Ole Miss is Green, and Gold.

Jan 12, 2016, 5:01 PM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But he knew he would never, ever beat out Watson, and his

Jan 12, 2016, 5:11 PM [ in reply to Kelly was good enough to play at Clemson... ]

ego would not let him be a backup.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kelly was good enough to play at Clemson...

Jan 12, 2016, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Kelly was good enough to play at Clemson... ]

Kelly was good enough to be 2nd string at Clemson.

Re: Kelly was good enough to play at Clemson...

Jan 12, 2016, 5:58 PM [ in reply to Kelly was good enough to play at Clemson... ]

Ole miss and phony freeze dont care

Surfer, so you can understand the disdain

Jan 12, 2016, 5:29 PM [ in reply to Re: The longer I sit and ponder what transpired ]

Some have for the popularity contest or SEC "eye test" that will continue to decide which teams get in the playoff. A one loss ACC champion will almost NEVER get in the playoff, yet a 2 loss SEC team will almost always get in. The SEC is a great conference. It get that, but there are really good teams in other leagues that will get passed over with this bias. So far they've got it right both years, but I worry going forward. In past years ALL ESPN could talk about was the SEC getting 2 teams in the playoff. They seem to have dropped that corporate push for now. If that starts happening it will be a travesty. Everyone that's not SEC should be 100% against going to 8 teams. If it goes to 8 you'll have 3 SEC teams in the playoffs most years. If you can't win your own conference you have no business being in the Nat'l Champ playoff, bc there's no way you are the best in nation.

Bama is a great program. They stockpile talent. It stings particularly much that we stayed healthy all year and then had critical injuries when it counted most. The trick play does not bother me. Bama caught us. Good coaching by them. What stings is we controlled both lines of scrimmage, something all the pundits said could not be done. We won the trenches and lost the game. That stings. Congrats Bama on a hard fought win though.

Re: Surfer, so you can understand the disdain

Jan 12, 2016, 5:39 PM

What game did you watch? Your Oline got man handled. If it wasn't for Watson's legs Clemson gets drilled. Your all world RB had 50 yds rushing and 29 was on one carry late in the 4th quater.

Re: Surfer, so you can understand the disdain

Jan 12, 2016, 5:43 PM

Ooh look, a gloating troll. Ban this clown.

Re: CU - 31 first downs AL - 18

Jan 12, 2016, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Surfer, so you can understand the disdain ]

CU - 31 first downs
AL - 18

Watson sacked once.

Righhht....

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^this plus

Jan 12, 2016, 6:44 PM

Which team rushed for more yards, even with Henry's short yardage breakaway TD run? I think your QB was sacked 5 times? Or was it 6? That was with our all-American DE hobbled. Yes sledding was tough for Gallman, and then in the 2nd half our offense was behind and having to pass. Keep in mind those 100+ yds we had on swing passes and RB release plays ARE running plays on our offense. Those yards ARE on your front 7 too.

Keep on believing your lines are the immovable object because teams that can't complete a forward pass cannot run on you. You are very good but I think Everyone now realizes you're good but not quite so Titan invincible as the four letter network had everyone believing.

Your team is incredibly athletic. It was evident how fast holes close with your front 7. Your players play like warriors. There is no shame in losing to the better team. You were the better team last night. The sting for Clemson fans and what sticks in our collective craw is we did win both lines of scrimmage, if you do a relative in-game comparison. For those with 6 grade edumacation this means our OL performed better against you DL than yours did against ours, and do forth. But we had several horrendous assignment busts on defense. Yes injuries may have contributed, but at the end of the day Bama made those plays. Bama exposed our DB's with those plays and executed. Congrats on the win. You do have a great team.

Jan 12, 2016, 5:50 PM

Yes on all accounts! This season gave the team 3 extra games and countless extra practices. Most others are already working their way out of shape enjoying the off season.
Our guys are still in Go mode, and the loss will be GREAT motivation this off season. So, given the weeks of extra work and games and the fact most of our O will be back. I feel confident that we will be in the playoff next year as long as DW4 stays healthy... Which by the way he proved any one questioning his durability wrong this year.

Jan 12, 2016, 6:42 PM

Sorry, guys, hate being Debbie Downer, but if (in the 2016 season) Clemson loses to a team outside the top10 (and we likely won't play a top10 team, except, perhaps, FSU), Clemson will not.get back into the playoffs. The ACC - and Clemson by association - will continue to get no respect. It would have helped if State, UNCheat, FSU, ANDERSON Miami had played up to their standards in the bowl games.

While I hv a lot of confidence in Watson, the returning defense, and the coaches, footballs bounce funny and the officials miss calls.
As Dabo said, it's hard to win them all.

Replies: 15
| visibility 3,003
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic