Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sure am glad we got the second best QB....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Sure am glad we got the second best QB....

Jan 8, 2019, 10:27 PM

to commit to us over the #1 Fields!! Haha, the recruiting rankings are a joke. TL had been #1 for over a year but the websites needed some hits. I watched several of their games last year and from what I saw there was no comparison in who should have been #1!!! I think that was probably proven this year!

Happy TL is a Tiger! What an amazing performance!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sure am glad we got the second best QB....

Jan 8, 2019, 10:33 PM

This past summer a dawg fan and I were going back and forth on who we thought was the better QB between the two. Now that argument is null and void. I haven’t struck that conversation up with him recently. I’ll have to needle him a bit and see what kind of excuses he can come up with.

Jan 8, 2019, 10:46 PM

Only ESPN ranked Fields higher, and of course the ESPN commentators and analysts had to use ESPN rankings. But the composite score of all recruiting sites, as put together by 247, had Trevor Lawrence not only #1 in this class but #6 all time going back to 2000, the year recruiting rankings first came out. The 5 ahead of him were not QBs, making him the highest rated QB recruit in the rankings system ever.

Jan 8, 2019, 10:55 PM

I guess it felt like it was all of them because you keep hearing it on TV. But I was pretty sure 247 dropped him about the same time but with the final rankings they moved him back to #1 which is why I said it was a clickbait move?

Jan 9, 2019, 1:52 AM

247 doesn’t come up with their own ratings. They compile the ratings of others. I only know the final ranking, and Trevor was #1 per 247.

Jan 9, 2019, 7:00 AM

247 has their own rankings and they have 247 Composite. They often vary from each other. You are thinking of Composite.

(sigh) we've been over this so many times.

Jan 9, 2019, 7:21 AM

Lawrence was the consensus number one QB in the country, across all boards. When he committed to Clemson, Fields became the number one because he hadn't committed yet (if I recall correctly).

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic