Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Would ESPN survive no college football in 2020?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,381

Would ESPN survive no college football in 2020?

Jul 17, 2020, 12:27 PM

What if there was no football in 2020 (NCAA or NFL) and no college sports in the 2020-21 academic year? What would happen if they failed? And would anyone care?

I am not sure that a bubble bursting wouldn't benefit college athletics. There would be a lot of short term pain in athletic departments, etc, but one or more other outlets would step into the breach if ESPN went away, and there might not be such a monopoly in college sports coverage.

Message was edited by: dsgriff®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would ESPN survive no college football in 2020?

Jul 17, 2020, 12:33 PM

If they don't Swoffs brilliant too late to the party ACC network goes down too. They own about as much of it as the conference I think

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure. They still have NBA and BLM

Jul 17, 2020, 12:33 PM

To cover

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sure. They still have NBA and BLM

Jul 17, 2020, 12:36 PM

Yes because ESPN is so woke.

Re: Sure. They still have NBA and BLM

Jul 18, 2020, 7:21 AM

Woke = surrender

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes.***

Jul 17, 2020, 12:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2020, 12:46 PM

I love ESPN and so I would care. I am really into sports though. Anyway, they would definitely have to make some changes to cut costs for a bit.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think i would call ESPN a monopoly

Jul 17, 2020, 12:54 PM

They paid truck loads of money for all of those rights. Plus FOX has the Big Ten and Big XII rights which are two of the largest CFB properties.

I don't really want to see ESPN go away because i think they do a fantastic job of actually broadcasting sports - which is all i really care about. I don't watch anything else on their networks outside of live sports or the occasional replay of one (though Youtube is usually better for that anyway).

Re: I don't think i would call ESPN a monopoly

Jul 17, 2020, 2:32 PM

I agree thy're more like Mr Potato head with staff bozos like Vitale and PF

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope not.***

Jul 17, 2020, 1:09 PM

Re: I hope not.***

Jul 17, 2020, 1:33 PM

That would be a blessing. No more so called analysts that do nothing but add to racial tension and preach liberal propaganda. Want to really see some racists, listen to ESPN blabber mouths and they will identify themselves very quickly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2020, 7:48 AM

Yes they would survive. It would hurt ofcourse but they still have soccer, UFC, baseball, and basketball. Ofcourse football is their biggest money maker but many football fans will watch other sports instead.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,381
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic