Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Supreme Court Question for Everyone.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 371

Supreme Court Question for Everyone.

Sep 20, 2020, 7:49 PM

Other than Roe vs Wade, what other major issues do you worry about with the Supreme Court?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hanging chads***

Sep 20, 2020, 7:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm 100% for hanging Chads

Sep 21, 2020, 10:04 AM

Less punched drywall
Less Monster Energy Drink cans ever-where
Our daughters will be safer.

All in all good for everyone.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Re: Supreme Court Question for Everyone.

Sep 20, 2020, 7:55 PM

Historically, mainly any dealing with the stance of freedom FROM religion.

Moving forward... 1st amendment, 2nd amendment, forced PC speech... this list could go on for a while.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2020, 7:59 PM

I should care about it, but for some reason I am not worried about any Supreme Court issues. Everyone is freaking out, so I just wanted other opinions.

Sep 21, 2020, 12:03 AM

well with Biden saying he will not give his list for S. C. justice it should worry everyone. You would want to know who he oh I mean the radical left is wanting to become a Justice.

Kelo eminent domain..

Sep 20, 2020, 7:57 PM

Worst ruling ever by the supreme court.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

It was a ruling that said govt can take

property by eminent domain and give it to another private company.

So un American.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

well we have to have eminent domain

Sep 20, 2020, 8:03 PM

for roads and utilities

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This was use of eminent domain to take

Sep 20, 2020, 8:52 PM

land from an individual and hand it over to a private land developer for retail development.

Wow, I looked it up. You are right that is totally

Sep 21, 2020, 8:45 AM

messed up. The deal never happened. I guess the lawyers got all the money and there was none left for the development.

It bothered me that Obama could etch out a status for DACA by EO but Trump couldn't undo it. That's the definition of presidential power. By judicial prejudice an executive order became established law. That is not to say I want DACA members deported but they are a great reason we need immigration reform which recognizes that America wants immigrants, needs immigrants but that we do not need immigrants who cause taxpayers to pay for expanded welfare programs.

I do not cater to the belief that the constitution is a living document. In order to add law or take law away the congress and president must pass law. Conservatives will always be disappointed in judges who feel as I do about this. The pendulum has swung too far left and judges who believe their power is limited to the words in the constitution will never undo that which has been done by activist judges like RBG.

Changing our direction can't happen unless we seat right wing activist judges which is IMO, immoral. America is screwed. They best we can hope for is to stop judicial activism and hold where we are now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2020, 8:12 PM

crazy that SCOTUS upheld immigration by the executive branch

if legislative and judicial doesnt object, why do we need 3 branches

makes no sense

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2020, 8:04 PM

The fact that the left feels so threatened by Trump

Sep 20, 2020, 11:07 PM

naming another Supreme Court Justice is proof of what we have all known for a while. We currently do not have 3 co-equal branches of Government. The Judicial branch, has grown in power way beyond anything ever intended in our Constitution. Each branch of Government is supposed to have a check and balance - so what exactly is the check and balance that the Legislative and Executive branches have on the Supreme Court and any ruling they dish out? There are only two that I can think of - impeach a justice OR pass a Constitutional Amendment to change whatever ruling they make. Both of which are practical impossibilities.

Ask yourself - if you were one of the founding fathers, would you have voted to ratify the Constitution if you were told that 9, unelected, lifetime appointed judges would have the power to over-rule any law passed by the elected Congress/President without review or recourse? I sure as #### would not and doubt our framers would have either.

The Federal court system is completely out of control and is as partisan as anything in Government. It has gotten so bad, that you can predict a case outcome with about 90% accuracy simply by knowing who appointed the presiding judge. For years, the left has been especially skilled at using the court system to further their agenda and curbing the conservative agenda through judicial activism in lieu of the legislative process. The replacement of RBG with a strict Constitutionalist is a direct threat to the judicial activism the left has relied upon for so long. This is why the Democrats are freaking out and have vowed a fight to the death to keep that system in place.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NPVIC

Sep 20, 2020, 11:20 PM

It needs to be ruled unconstitutional when the challenge eventually makes it up the ladder.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 371
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic