»
Topic: Superstitions
Replies: 12   Last Post: Oct 3, 2016 9:28 PM by: Clemsam
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 12  

Superstitions

Posted: Oct 3, 2016 7:21 PM

Since the start of 2015 (after I converted my the coot girlfriend to a Die hard tiger fan) we have the same routine. We wear the same clothes every game day (yes we wash them every week) go to the same coffee shop and get the same thing. I sit in the same spot and have to have the remote and my phone in a certain spot. All this is probably due to my playing baseball for 10 years but it has worked all but 1 time since I started it. Anyone else have a superstitious routine every game day?

Same Tigers T-shirt (old) and a flag on my house.

[1]
Posted: Oct 3, 2016 7:24 PM

Will NOT chance it with either.

military_donation.jpg

I am NOT superstitious!

[3]
Posted: Oct 3, 2016 7:38 PM

I think being superstitious causes bad luck!

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

What you did there...

Posted: Oct 3, 2016 8:34 PM

...I saw it.

military_donation.jpg

Re: Superstitions

Posted: Oct 3, 2016 8:04 PM

I put the tiger flag in front of my house on the day of the spring game and it stays there until national signing day. A Clemson game ball goes on the mantel on the day of the first game and stays there until Clemson plays its last game in January.... and many more, but those are the big ones.

military_donation.jpg

Re: Superstitions

Posted: Oct 3, 2016 8:09 PM

I wear the same "game day" outfit. I start the day listening to Tiger Rag and one from You Tube called #### Good Day to Be a Clemson Tiger. I watch the game on one TV and my husband watches it on another one. We call back and forth to each, but can't watch it in the same room!

No shaving on game day

[1]
Posted: Oct 3, 2016 8:31 PM

11:59 pm = okay

12:01 am = too bad, gotta wait

I refuse to make eye contact with either one of my

Posted: Oct 3, 2016 8:36 PM

house goats the Friday before a game.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Gameday ritual ride over Paris Mtn

Posted: Oct 3, 2016 8:38 PM

Got to hit sub 15:00 on the 1st effort (tougher opponent calls for multiple efforts - NC - I did 4 & it wasn't enough), also got to hit at least 45 mph on the descent towards town.

The alma mater is now a lullaby

Posted: Oct 3, 2016 8:39 PM

Thought of another one. Last year we started singing the alma mater in the lullaby repertoire. Just for fun and not every night - but always before game day. My two year old loved it and memorized it pretty quick.

Now a tradition

Were Clemson colors the day before a game.

Posted: Oct 3, 2016 9:10 PM

But on gamedays, I do not wear Clemson colors. I did this all last year, except for the National championship game (sorry). I also wore my new clemson gear during the first two games this year. I haven't worn Clemson gear on gameday since.

Wear. . . sigh***

Posted: Oct 3, 2016 9:10 PM

this is a weird one

Posted: Oct 3, 2016 9:28 PM

I'm a runner...well moreso in mileage before getting to 55. But, still 20/week or so. I avoid cracks in pavement which can be troublesome. Can't help it all year long and it is even more important in the fall. It must work given our last two years! Second, odd numbers are critical to the success of our teams. Three shakes of pepper. Cadence down the stairs, troublesome.

Replies: 12  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Wake Forest
FOR SALE: 4 tickets plus parking pass

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1025 people have read this post