Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Super Unlikely Situational Question for the Bored
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Super Unlikely Situational Question for the Bored

Nov 16, 2018, 3:23 PM

Let's just say somehow the Citadel beats Bama. I know not how that would occur, but go with me here on these (2) questions:

1) What number in CFP rankings would Bama fall to? I somehow think they would not fall below 5 or 6. Just far enough to maybe get back in somehow.

2) If then Bama won the SEC with 1 loss, Clemson and ND were undefeated and Michigan and Oklahoma both had 1 loss. Would the CFP clowns then take Michigan and Oklahoma with 1 FBS loss over Bama with an FCS loss?

Talk about chaos in football, this scenario would be fun to watch as Little Nicky dropped to his knees and slurped like he never has in his life.

GO BULLDOGS!!! (Citadel Type)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its getting towards the end of the season so probably

Nov 16, 2018, 3:26 PM

1 - Clemson
2 - Bama
3 - Notre Dame
4 - UGA
5 - Citadel
6 - LSU

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Super Unlikely Situational Question for the Bored

Nov 16, 2018, 3:58 PM

Not even Alabama could withstand losing to a FCS team with a losing record to still make the playoffs. They would certainly fall to the lowest ranked of the one loss teams, and would not be able to make up enough ground to get back in the conversation. It would be awesome if it happened though!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2018, 4:05 PM

I could answer that question better if I had just won the last Powerball Lottery......about the same odds

Depends upon the context

Nov 16, 2018, 4:24 PM

If Citadel wins because the buses carrying the first team and the second teams ran into each other and everyone was injured (just enough to miss the game - wouldn't wish a major injury on anybody) and the 3rd team, scout team and cheerleaders had to play, then they might not drop far.

If, however, Citadel wins against a full strength Bama team who leaves their 1st team in the entire game and they're all playing at full strength, then they drop somewhere around NC State because they would have seriously Doerened themselves.

Re: Depends upon the context

Nov 16, 2018, 4:28 PM

'Bama may have more points than Citadel has yards in this game. Really ugly.

Since this is a sirius hyperthetical, I will give a sirius

Nov 16, 2018, 6:23 PM

answer. Committee would probably drop them to 5, behind Clemson, ND, Michigan, Jawja. Then, when they beat Jawja in the SECheat Championship game, they are immediately back in at 2 or 3. Committee will seed us 1, and toughest team not named Bama at 4. They will want to protect Bama from us as long as possible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2018, 6:36 PM

I do recall Citadel beating the Coots and Arkansas a while back.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic