Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sumn fishy in Charleston
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 3,046

Sumn fishy in Charleston

May 4, 2020, 8:24 AM

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=mwewXoD9OpCY_QaBtK14&q=charleston+county+sc+covid-19+deaths&oq=charleston+county+sc+covid-19+deaths&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzoOCAAQ6gIQtAIQmgEQ5QI6AggAOgUIABCDAToFCCEQoAE6BQghEKsCOgcIIRAKEKABUP8WWIluYMhvaAFwAHgAgAGxAogBrBiSAQgzNC4yLjEuMZgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXqwAQY&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwjAtu6AmJrpAhUQTN8KHQFaCw8Q4dUDCAg&uact=5

457 confirmed cases, 7 deaths.

7?

Na uh.

3rd in state in confirmed cases. almost last in state in deaths?

Can someone explain this?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sumn fishy in Charleston

May 4, 2020, 8:40 AM

It just might be a case of truthful assignment as to the Cause of Death. When one dies and IS positive for Covid-19, the COD might just be unRelated to the virus. The presence of the virus might not have anything to do with the death. As I understand instructions from health authorities, physicians and others investigating deaths are supposed to test for the virus in ALL deaths; and if the decreased IS positive, Covid-19 is to be added as a possible factor on the certificate. Then, the death is counted as a Covid-19 related death by health authorities even if the decedent is already in the terminal stages of life!!

Pretty sure a guy who dies from trauma in an MVA

May 4, 2020, 10:04 AM

will not have COVID listed on his death certificate, or even be tested.

Heart attack, stroke, organ failure, or ARS, then yes if they test positive for covid.

And on all death certificates, the cause of death is never covid. It's some other thing, secondary to covid. Most people who die of AIDs die of pneumonia. Pneumonia is listed as the cause of death, secondary to HIV. Heart attacks are listed as mayocardial infarction, secondary to cardiovascular disease.

The list of deaths from covid is zero. But if you die from a related cause, and test positive, they include covid as a secondary cause of death. Heart attacks, strokes, aortic dissections, respiratory failure, etc...there's a list of things caused by covid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2020, 9:35 AM

You surprised the area with the wealth had the least deaths?

How many of the wealthy were diagnosed?

May 4, 2020, 9:57 AM

Pretty big assumption that the other part of town didn't have most of the cases and all of the deaths.

Message was edited by: clover65®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could be that the confirmed diagnoses

May 4, 2020, 9:47 AM

are confirmed mostly in individuals who are healthy enough to fight the virus, due to few or no preexisting conditions that might would help to exacerbate the effects of the virus...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2020, 9:56 AM

Charleston has some of the best hospitals in the state, which may help to explain those numbers. But I'm sure that like other hospitals, they're also suppressing their figures for as long as they can. (I know at least one major state hospital hid some of their earlier cases for several weeks.)

with all of the theories that the number of

May 4, 2020, 3:43 PM

diagnoses and deaths being inflated, i'm surprised to see that you are referring to numbers being suppressed...

why would the numbers be suppressed if the fear-mongering and bias is best served by inflating them? I am seriously perplexed...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 3,046
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic