Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ring of Honor Clarifications
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,816

Ring of Honor Clarifications

Dec 10, 2018, 5:47 PM

Some of you guys are confused about the selection criteria used to select ROH members - want to see Hopkins, Dawkins, and Renfrow, for example.

Sure, these are favorite players of ours - no question about it. But none rates being in the ROH.

Hopkins and Dawkins were not superstar players at Clemson - you don't put people in the ROH because of their success in the NFL. And Renfrow, even though we all love him, is not a superstar.

The ROH is for those rare players who make an extra-special contribution to the success of our program while having national-class honors (All-American, etc.) while at Clemson.

Look at the guys in there now - each made a special contribution - weren't just excellent players. Sure, a lot of this is subjective, but it's that special nature. Take DW - look at the special talent and performance and guidance he provided - he's that kind of guy. So was CJ, for example.

And their are guys on this year's team (such as CW and DF) who are in that special group.

Otherwise, the ROH loses it rare special place of honor for the best of the best.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I meant to say CF, not DF.***

Dec 10, 2018, 5:50 PM

Re: I meant to say CF, not DF.***

Dec 10, 2018, 10:31 PM

4th and 16 ?? Not just that , but Nuk put Clemson on his back that entire game . After Sammy went down it was almost a certainty we would lose if Nuk didn't do what he did .
D. Hopkins may not be ROH worthy , but it is at least debatable .
Also , Dawkins is our only pro HOFer ... he can't get up there ? He was an absolute stud at Clemson .
I am not a " put everyone in " guy , but Nuk and Renfrow and Dawkins are all to be seriously considered in my book .

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Ring of Honor Clarifications

Dec 10, 2018, 5:53 PM

Man if Hunter Renfrow can’t be in the ring of Honor you don’t even Have a ring of honor.
The most clutch big catch big time big play at the biggest moment I have ever seen!!

But thanks for clearing all that up for us.....

I mean dude might as well be telling us next

Dec 10, 2018, 6:00 PM

That our beloved pets,nay bestest friends humanz can have, can't join us in the Heavenly afterlife.

uh

Dec 10, 2018, 6:34 PM

drugs are bad m'kay

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hear you and understand - I didn't write the criteria.***

Dec 10, 2018, 6:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Ring of Honor Clarifications ]

Re: I hear you and understand - I didn't write the criteria.***

Dec 10, 2018, 6:28 PM

Looks to me like you wrote the Criteria..
Is there a written criteria?

Here's what I found for the Clemson Hall of Fame

Dec 10, 2018, 7:27 PM

and you can't be added to the Ring of Honor if you aren't already in the HoF:

"Qualifications – ...In the case of former athletes, consideration will be given to whether the individual was selected to an All-Conference or All-American team, etc. as well as the individual’s performance records, leadership qualities, selection to post-season all-star teams, etc. Performance during post-season play will also be a consideration. Participation as a professional athlete will also be a consideration, but is not a requirement for Hall of Fame selection."

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Success at the next level are considered, even though not a primary qualification

Dec 10, 2018, 6:24 PM

And nowhere does being an all American is even mentioned as a requirement.

http://clemsontigers.com/ring-of-honor/

Based on the eligibility requirements, you could easily put Dawkins in right now. If Renfrow is selected into the Clemson hall of fame, you could certainly put him in under
“Making a noteworthy contribution to the history of the Clemson Athletic Program”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Success at the next level are considered, even though not a primary qualification

Dec 10, 2018, 6:32 PM

Thanks for sharing that!!!
I think Hunter Renfrow is a ring of Honor guy if there ever has been one.
If he does not meet the qualifications then change them.

Re: Success at the next level are considered, even though not a primary qualification

Dec 10, 2018, 9:43 PM

agree!he's one in a million.don't expect to see the likes of him for a while.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 10, 2018, 7:47 PM

I don’t think you’re reading the requirements correctly. This is in black and white and doesn’t need your clarification, but since you brought it up...

A ROH member must first be in the Clemson Athletics Hall of Fame:

“Qualifications – In order to qualify as a nominee for the Hall of Fame, an individual must have excelled either as an athlete or as a Special Inductee, and must have contributed significantly to the Clemson Athletic Department. In the case of former athletes, consideration will be given to whether the individual was selected to an All-Conference or All-American team, etc. as well as the individual’s performance records, leadership qualities, selection to post-season all-star teams, etc. Performance during post-season play will also be a consideration. Participation as a professional athlete will also be a consideration, but is not a requirement for Hall of Fame selection.”

http://clemsontigers.com/governing-policies-for-election-to-the-hall-of-fame/

Then they are eligible for the ROH:

“Eligibility: This committee will recognize individuals who have demonstrated consistent and unique national excellence in their sport during their Clemson career. Their accomplishments must be significant on an individual and team basis. Their statistical accomplishments must be noteworthy, but they should also have an outstanding record in terms of leadership. In general, they must have made a noteworthy contribution to the history of the Clemson Athletic Program.

Athletic accomplishments after their Clemson career are not a primary consideration in the nomination, but they must retain a commendable record of citizenship after they leave Clemson. A candidate must be a member of the Clemson Hall of Fame and must hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited four-year University or college.

Financial contributions to Clemson University will not be a consideration when evaluating the candidates. For a coach to be nominated, he or she must be retired from coaching that sport at the college level.”

http://clemsontigers.com/ring-of-honor/

This may be your opinion, but nothing in either public explanation of these honors would eliminate Dawkins, Hopkins or Renfrow.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think Nuk has an undergrad degree***

Dec 10, 2018, 7:50 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think Nuk has an undergrad degree***

Dec 10, 2018, 7:58 PM

Fair enough, he definitely has to get that first.

Dec 10, 2018, 7:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Ring of Honor Clarifications ]

Also, in regards to their college careers:

Brian Dawkins:

First Team All-ACC
Second Team All-American

Nuk Hopkins:

First Team All-ACC
ACC Champion
Set individual team and conference records

Hunter Renfrow:

Third Team All-ACC
Burlsworth Trophy Winner
4x ACC Champion
National Champion (and the poster boy for it, not just got a ring)

So, in summary...what in the hell are you talking about

Dec 10, 2018, 10:05 PM

Wrongo friendo!

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,816
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic