Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
4-star QB Ryan Hilinski commits to USuC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

4-star QB Ryan Hilinski commits to USuC

Apr 4, 2018, 5:32 PM

nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never heard of her.***

Apr 4, 2018, 5:33 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 4-star QB Ryan Hilinski commits to USuCk

Apr 4, 2018, 5:34 PM

You left off the K. I fixed it for you.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks like a decent pickup for Scar. Says his

Apr 4, 2018, 5:44 PM

immediate family will move here with him. His older brother wants to go to Med. School. Reckon he has already gotten an acceptance letter from SC Med. School? Just asking.

if he hasn't then he will be!

Apr 5, 2018, 7:11 AM

Actually though this is a good pickup for them but we are still way ahead of them at that position! Nevertheless I'm getting antsy and ready to see a commit or two fall our way. It doesn't keep me up at night but when a guy like Luke Deal gets a chance to play for the number one team going in to next season and wants to think about it - well I can't understand it. Clemson had unlimited ships to give when I was a senior but I still only got a chance to be a preferred walk on so I can't understand a Clemson fan not wanting to be part of something as special as another national championship!!

Re: 4-star QB Ryan Hilinski commits to USuC

Apr 4, 2018, 5:50 PM

California kid. Big, tall, pushes the ball pretty durn well down the field. STRONGLY resembles Bentley in skillset on film. Looked like he was at his best when he could set his feet and especially on timing routes, when he could one-two-three-FIRE and push the ball over the top or hit a guy in stride on a slant.

Only saw one clip of him running the read-option and he did it pretty well, looks like he's got some mobility.

What I DIDN'T see - and this is Bentley's weakness as well, to a T - was any sign this guy could extend plays with his feet. His team did let him move the pocket on occasion but for the most part he just stood in the pocket and flung darts, and he did not have much pressure in his face. Contrast that with Trevor Lawrence's film where the opponent DL was getting in virtually every time but it just didn't matter because Lawrence was that good at eluding pressure. There was zero film of him eluding pressure or extending plays...and that's a glaring red flag.

Probably an upgrade on Michael Scarnecchia or Jay Urich, their only other scholarship QB's (Dak Joyner is NOT a QB!) but again, looks a lot like a Bentley clone to my eyes, for the good and the bad.

If he can't run from his life

Apr 4, 2018, 6:00 PM

the streak will continue. We've LIVED in their backfield.

They keep calling themselves USC, is he sure he's

Apr 4, 2018, 6:01 PM [ in reply to Re: 4-star QB Ryan Hilinski commits to USuC ]

going where he thinks he's going??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 4, 2018, 9:05 PM [ in reply to Re: 4-star QB Ryan Hilinski commits to USuC ]

Funny because boom said that all QB's going forward will be expected to be mobile.

Apr 4, 2018, 9:15 PM [ in reply to Re: 4-star QB Ryan Hilinski commits to USuC ]

so a kid from california is going to play for the coots. got to be a red flag somewhere.

Not one to comment much on the other school, but for this kid, hope things work out

Apr 4, 2018, 6:04 PM

He's younger brother of Tyler Hilinski, who was expected to be Washington State's QB this season but sadly took his own life in January. With all him & his family has gone through, I hope things work out well that they can heal. I believe that probably played a big factor in him coming out east.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not one to comment much on the other school, but for this kid, hope things work out

Apr 4, 2018, 6:16 PM

Every QB has got to have an offensive line to be efficient and they don't have one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not one to comment much on the other school, but for this kid, hope things work out

Apr 4, 2018, 6:20 PM [ in reply to Not one to comment much on the other school, but for this kid, hope things work out ]

Dang what a terrible story. Hate to hear that for the family.

Ts and Ps, but glad Tyler never had to watch his kid brother

Apr 4, 2018, 6:30 PM [ in reply to Not one to comment much on the other school, but for this kid, hope things work out ]

play for the coots. Probably would have given him better guidance if he were still alive.

Stupid stupid post. Think before typing,***

Apr 4, 2018, 9:03 PM

Re: Stupid stupid post. Think before typing,***

Apr 5, 2018, 12:04 AM

RR is f ing idiot and an embarrassment to the fine people of Clemson

Tell em COOT***

Apr 5, 2018, 2:04 AM

Apr 4, 2018, 6:22 PM

Its funny they get a commit from a 4 star QB and they're going to rule the world. Its amazing how quickly they kick the delusion up a notch. It was the same thing when Joyner and now half of them are talking about him knowing he is going to have to change positions when he starts seeing "real" QBs throw. Its the darndest thing. I could understand the reaction if he were a top 10 recruit or a top 50 guy or a top 100 guy or even heck a top 150 guy but he isn't. Funny funny funny. Its times like this that I can't wait til football season when reality has to sink in and they realize they have cashed WAY too many checks with their mouths that their football team couldn't cash, ever.

Apr 4, 2018, 6:24 PM

Sorry get overly excited to make fun of them I don't proofread. I meant when Joyner committed and written too many checks their football team can't cash.

Apr 5, 2018, 6:31 AM [ in reply to Re: 4-star QB Ryan Hilinski commits to USuC ]

How long before Joyner is switched to DB?

Apr 5, 2018, 6:55 AM [ in reply to Re: 4-star QB Ryan Hilinski commits to USuC ]

Perspective... them getting a high 3* or 4* would be like Clemson getting the first ever 6* recruit. We would be excited about that.

Given Muschump’s success rate with QBs he really needs to think about this.

Apr 4, 2018, 6:35 PM

Of course he can’t be thinking too much since he thinks he wants to spend his college years in Cootlumbia.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe he has the ghey

Apr 4, 2018, 8:38 PM

and wants to spend 3-5 years on his back?

Please look into a student atheletes history

Apr 4, 2018, 11:40 PM

before spewing complete TigerNet bullsh!t

Re: Please look into a student atheletes history

Apr 5, 2018, 12:04 AM

I think Rich know way too much about the whatever
Overcompensating much there buddy ??

Says the one with ##### written on his hat

Apr 5, 2018, 2:07 AM

Lemme guess...That take a "real man"

Apr 4, 2018, 7:14 PM

3 star per Rivals,and he doesn't matter he will never beat a team led by Hunter Johnson or Trevor Lawrence

Apr 4, 2018, 7:31 PM

Only 4*? SMDH.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Pretty good list of schools that offered. Amazed that he chose ro

Apr 4, 2018, 10:18 PM

Play for Muschamp at SC.

null

I don't see UCLA, USC, or Stanford...

Apr 5, 2018, 2:08 AM

Just saying...

The kid looks good IMO.***

Apr 4, 2018, 10:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4 Star by which Recruiting Service?***

Apr 4, 2018, 11:04 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Apr 4, 2018, 11:10 PM

Committing to a school and then signing LOI are two events, a long time apart. Good Luck keeping this kid. He did realize he was not commiting to THE USC in Cali?

He'll be seeing more than four stars when

Apr 5, 2018, 7:27 AM

he's introduced to our defense.

feels like a temporary commit to get better offers

Apr 5, 2018, 4:20 PM

cali looong ways (distance and atmosphere) from columbia

wonder if he got the usc’s confused

So how long before Joyner is moved to their defense?

Apr 5, 2018, 4:40 PM

you know, the position we and everyone else recruited him to play...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic