»
Topic: Stupid question but if a team chose to kick a field goal. From there own one yd line could they?
Replies: 13   Last Post: Dec 4, 2019 8:58 PM by: clover65®
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 13  

Stupid question but if a team chose to kick a field goal. From there own one yd line could they?

[1]
Posted: Dec 4, 2019 5:03 PM

It would be hilarious to see a team actually try this. This might be something muschamp would try lol. Love to see coots embarrassing themselves by kicking a field goal from there own 1yd line.

Re: Stupid question but if a team chose to kick a field goal. From there own one yd line could they?

[1]
Posted: Dec 4, 2019 5:08 PM

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Stupid question but if a team chose to kick a field goal. From there own one yd line could they?

[2]
Posted: Dec 4, 2019 5:10 PM

Seems risky. If you miss it the other team gets the ball on your 1 yard line.
I wouldn’t try it.

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Photobucket is holding my sig pic hostage. Screw them.

Dabo should’ve done it late in the game vs SC

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 5:13 PM

To mock them

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 5:14 PM

Don't think they could do it from the one. Not enough room in the end zone for the holder, and kicker.Maybe the 5-yard line.

Snap it backwards 8 yards, the kicker still has 3 yards to

[1]
Posted: Dec 4, 2019 5:18 PM

line up behind the ball.

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

We can kick you anywhere on the field coot

[3]
Posted: Dec 4, 2019 5:17 PM

military_donation.jpg

Re: We can kick you anywhere on the field coot

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 6:41 PM

The orange pants and purple jersey wasn’t a very good combo.

Re: We can kick you anywhere on the field coot

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 8:51 PM

Name the future Highway Trooper in the picture...Scary...

2020 white level member

The Golden Girls said it best.

[4]
Posted: Dec 4, 2019 5:18 PM

Rose Nylund: “Can I ask a stupid question?”

Dorothy Zbornak: “Better than anyone I know ...”

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

[1]
Posted: Dec 4, 2019 5:42 PM

Years ago on unsuccessful field goals the ball didn’t go back to the line of scrimmage like it does now. Unless the ball went through the end zone it was a live ball. I remember reading In an article about Jan Stenerud that he once attempted a 103 yard field goal because his coach knew Stenerud could kick it farther than his punter. Obviously that wouldn’t happen now because the ball would go back to the line of scrimmage which would be about the four yard line.

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 5:56 PM

January 1st, 1991 I was there at the Hall Of Fame Bowl in old Tampa Stadium as Illinois punted on 4th and goal from their own 48.

They had a 1st and goal from the Tiger 8 yard line before a series of sacks........the last a samich job by Levin Kirkland and Ashley Sheppard.

military_donation.jpg

Yes.

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 7:44 PM

It's a stupid question.

They claim there are no stupid questions. "They" are

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 8:58 PM

wrong.

military_donation.jpg

Replies: 13  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: For Sale: four seats in Section K row I and row J seats are back to back on the two rows. One set is...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
1313 people have read this post