Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Clemson long shot for title
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Football Update: Clemson long shot for title

Oct 18, 2011, 9:17 AM

Clemson long shot for title

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Clemson long shot for title

Oct 18, 2011, 9:21 AM

Let's stay undefeated and see what happens! I would rather keep this going one game at a time and stay undefeated with a small chance than to lose a game and have NO chance at all. Go Tigers!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stupid Boise St.

Oct 18, 2011, 9:21 AM

Join a real conference.

Re: Stupid Boise St.

Oct 18, 2011, 10:10 AM

You think after a few yrs of undefeated or at least with National title worthy record they would have changed or modified schedule enough so they didnt get left out of BCS. Hell if anything join a conference (I know they are now but I guess better late than never) where they wont always be getting snubbed and or ruining other teams dreams.

Oct 18, 2011, 10:41 AM

I hope that if we don't make it in as an undefeated team. I do hope they match us up with who ever THEY say is the best from the two that go to the big dance. And I hope we SLAUGHTER them. Even if we are 30 points a head starting the fourth quarter,keep first team in and continue to light them up. Then say at the end of the game, Oh Well, the "BCS" know it alls said that they would match up well with us. And that we wasn't as good as a SEC or Big 12 team. It is way past time that the BCS heads to stop putting teams in the NC picture that are their favorits. We, Clemson, have already beat 3 top 25 teams, and will play more before season ends. If those SOBs can know who can beat who. There is absolutely no reason at all to risk those kids to injury. Just let them go onto the NFL, PERIOD!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2011, 7:06 PM [ in reply to Stupid Boise St. ]

Honestly,Boyzzzzi has to do what we have to do. And that is to sit or Bark when those ### breath m/effers from BCS HQ's tells us....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Palm is supposed to be a BCS guru

Oct 18, 2011, 9:23 AM

but I've seen him write a lot of stuff leaving me scratching my head. If Clemson and Boise both finished undefeated then CU ****WILL**** pass Boise in the BCS.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Stupid Boise State...

Oct 18, 2011, 9:31 AM

This would highlight the absurdity of the BCS (as if we need more evidence of its absurdity). Boise has played one ranked team and that is all they will face this regular season. Clemson...FIVE and possibly six if Wake makes a run. That is almost half of our games against ranked opponents including last years National and ACC champions. So, it is probably true. An undefeated Clemson team can't overtake an undefeated Boise State team because we operate in a system that is the BCS.

Boise St?

Oct 18, 2011, 9:24 AM

I mean, really? Seriously?

What would be Boy-z's best win? The neutral site win over

Oct 18, 2011, 9:25 AM

Georgia? Without looking at their schedule, someone help me out here.

You got it.

Oct 18, 2011, 9:26 AM

The rest of their schedule is garbajh

Georgia Dome isn't really a neutral site with UGA/Boise***

Oct 18, 2011, 9:41 AM [ in reply to What would be Boy-z's best win? The neutral site win over ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely not, but, they didn't beat them in Athens***

Oct 18, 2011, 9:47 AM

Re: Georgia Dome isn't really a neutral site with UGA/Boise***

Oct 18, 2011, 7:18 PM [ in reply to Georgia Dome isn't really a neutral site with UGA/Boise*** ]

H&LL no!!! As far away as Boise is from Georgia. It will be just like UGHEY being between the hedges.

Re: Guru= "This is what I think"

Oct 18, 2011, 9:26 AM

We will jump Boise. I'm a Guru also

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perfect example of the Boise love fest finally......

Oct 18, 2011, 9:27 AM

coming to a head of ruining something.

They're good - and UGA could help them down the stretch if they play well.

I hope they tumble, we crawl, run up the ladder and take it all!

D@MN THE "HELP!"

IMO

Poorly Researched Work Mister Palm

Oct 18, 2011, 9:31 AM

1) Computer portion of formula pays no account to voters whims. CU's strength of schedule can be top 2 by end of season with no problem.

2) Voters perceptions will change with continued wins. A prime time night win at GT will go a long way in a week where Boise will play some Mormon Vocational Junior College and Wisconsin beats on another Big 10 Powder Puff.

3) Despite our disdain of SEC hyping by ESPN, a Clemson team, if they can beat USUC, in likely another primetime night game will leave them with 2 out of conference SEC wins.

Yes, Clemson must win out. Yes, Clemson needs some help but nothing on the order that Rosey Palmer suggests.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^THIS^***

Oct 18, 2011, 9:50 AM

Not sure how our schedule will be Top 2.

Oct 18, 2011, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Poorly Researched Work Mister Palm ]

However, you're right on the rest of it. If Boise wins out and we win out, hard to see how Boise St would be ahead of us.

Playing NCSU won't help the strength of schedule. GT will. UNC won't hurt. Wake won't hurt.

I sure hope South Carolina hurts our SOS.

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2011, 9:33 AM

It seems like a lot of people are forgetting that the Big 12 (OK & OK St.) & Mountain West Conference (Boise St.) don't have to play in a championship game at the end of the year. Wouldn't this have some sort of impact on the strength of their schedule? It should!

Boise St. has only played UGA. How could a (12-0) Boise St. manage to beat out a potential (13-0) Clemson team who might potentially knock off 6 top 25 (Aub / FSU / VT / GT / SC / (GT or VT again)programs.

Not to mention both of the conferences above also get two bye weeks throughout the year.

^THIS^***

Oct 18, 2011, 9:51 AM

1st of all no way we wouldn't pass Boise, the schedule is a

Oct 18, 2011, 9:33 AM

joke. 2nd of all it's only relevant if we're 14-0. And guys let me tell you if we're 14-0, I'm so happy that I would care less about some math number. Heck we'd probably be #2 in the nation to end the season. That being said, I think Ok St (not counting OU), Stanford and possibly Wisc. lose a game before the season is over.

Oct 18, 2011, 9:34 AM

The ONLY reason we won't jump BSU is that BSU has been there for years - and we just joined the party. They've been everything advertised all season, while CLEMSON has struggled several games. Unless BSU struggles or loses, we would have to absolutely destroy a good team to make the impact needed. It can be done, but needs a lot of help.

Just beat the Holes this week. That will be sweet.

If we win out, don't see how Boyzee stays ahead of us...

Oct 18, 2011, 9:40 AM

we'll have beaten GT, USuC, and GT/VT again. Would think the voters and computers would put us ahead of them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we win out, don't see how Boyzee stays ahead of us...

Oct 18, 2011, 2:42 PM

I'm not worried about what the computer does.I'm worried about the voters that are putting their favorits in the top five as the NC contenders. Not many coaches out there would want to see the charming 3 year HC out in front. They would be voting them selves in the they SUCK pole....

Oct 18, 2011, 9:56 AM

It really comes down to the coach's voting. If they put us ahead of Boise State, the. All is taken care of.

CLEMSON 2011 SCHEDULE

Oct 18, 2011, 10:13 AM

I thought Clemson had a top 5 strength of schedule entering this yr? so schedule strength wouldnt be issue. But as CBS said the strength of schedule is only is strong if teams you beat stay ranked. If they are not ranked at end of year as they were in preseason then technically by computers eyes it is not a strong schedule anymore. THAT IS BS!!!!!!!!!

Everybody stop slamming Palm.. he said MIGHT NOT

Oct 18, 2011, 10:20 AM

he didnt say it was an absolute certainty, he said Clemson MIGHT NOT catch and undefeated Boise St. There's still too many variables. Like how well UGA does, or how well TCU does, or whats the chickens record when we play, or what FSU, Auburn, and VT continue to do. There's a lot left to play out. But I think Clemson passes Boise St if both are undefeated.

Who says any of those b#####ds are going to be undefeated!***

Oct 18, 2011, 10:44 AM

Oct 18, 2011, 11:00 AM

Lets not worry about his "opinion" Win out and continue to SHOCK THE NATION!! GO TIGERS!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic