Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Studying film all day yesterday, SCar reminds me of UNC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Studying film all day yesterday, SCar reminds me of UNC

Nov 18, 2019, 8:53 AM

Freshman QB with a little bit of "moxie" but a poor man's Sam Howell.

SCar DL will be the best we've seen in several weeks as Kinlaw is borderline unblockable. SCar defense is better than UNC defense, no doubt. Brian Edwards is a problem.

Williams Brice is a little tougher place to play than Keenan, and we had about 6 false starts in that game.

I'm just having trouble understanding why we are going to blow out SCar. I'm not sure if yall remember or not, but UNC ALMOST beat us on a 2-point conversion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Studying film all day yesterday, SCar reminds me of UNC

Nov 18, 2019, 8:55 AM

Nov 18, 2019, 8:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Nov 18, 2019, 8:59 AM

Guess we’ll find out in a couple of Saturdays. I’m not afraid of them, at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2019, 9:03 AM

Didn't you just watch Texas A&M beat them 30-6? Quit worrying.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I missed it. I watched SCar play UNC, UGA, and Florida

Nov 18, 2019, 9:19 AM

They impressed me beating UGA with a 3rd string QB. I wonder if Poomachon could do that?

Re: I missed it. I watched SCar play UNC, UGA, and Florida

Nov 18, 2019, 9:39 AM

I keep hearing "beat UGA with a 3rd string QB".

Yes I know Joyner finished the game but the coots only scored 1 offensive TD the entire game.

Also UGA had 5 turnovers and missed 3 FGs and lost by just 3 points.

Great job by scar or total collapse by UGA?

I will listen to "their defense was good enough to beat UGA", but don't try to sell me on 3rd string QB beat UGA.

yup***

Nov 18, 2019, 8:58 PM

Georgia's worst game in two seasons.. duh***

Nov 18, 2019, 9:46 AM [ in reply to I missed it. I watched SCar play UNC, UGA, and Florida ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I missed it. I watched SCar play UNC, UGA, and Florida

Nov 18, 2019, 10:15 AM [ in reply to I missed it. I watched SCar play UNC, UGA, and Florida ]

Caddie said:

They impressed me beating UGA with a 3rd string QB. I wonder if Poomachon could do that?

We could lose to them but it would be due to a total breakdown on both sides of the ball and many unforced turnovers. Wake beat NC - the NC game was our FUBAR for the season - we will beat the banty roosters by 28 if we take care of the ball.

Its Phommachanh...

Nov 18, 2019, 5:41 PM [ in reply to I missed it. I watched SCar play UNC, UGA, and Florida ]

But I wouldn't expect a "casual Clemson fan" like yourself to know this...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was a little bit with until you went here

Nov 18, 2019, 8:57 PM [ in reply to I missed it. I watched SCar play UNC, UGA, and Florida ]

The coot offense, especially under Kendrick, did NOTHING towards that win. UGA and Fromm played horribly, and the coot defense gets any and all credit that the coot team may deserve for that "victory".

And btw, Poomachon (sp) is a much better overall QB than Kendrick. So yes, he could have easily done what Kendrick did. He may even had led the team to some points.

Nov 18, 2019, 9:04 AM

You make a reasonable analysis BUT too reasonable for the orange colored glasses bunch. They didn't beat UGA on the road by playing dead. It will probably be a slobberknocker to put it in Dabo's words.

what's your score prediction?

Nov 18, 2019, 9:13 PM

Dont be scared.

Look at the stat line coot.

Nov 18, 2019, 9:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Studying film all day yesterday, SCar reminds me of UNC ]

Georgia dominated SC and Fromm still found a way to give them the game. Chickens were absolutely dominated in every major statistical category except turnovers and the final score. Very very very lucky to even be in a game with the stats that lopsided much less win.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=401110817

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2019, 6:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Studying film all day yesterday, SCar reminds me of UNC ]

Link to Dabo's words? I've never heard him say slobberknocker. Perhaps a bar mate of yours said this while watching the coot women playing b'ball against UConn.

Anyone can put up a fight...

Nov 18, 2019, 9:13 AM

especially rivals on their home field. I hope they do..and then we crush them. Despite the score, they kept fighting to the end last year. Then again, I'd say we have a 75% chance of completely steamrolling them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2019, 9:18 AM

I'm tired of hearing that UNC almost beat us on a 2 point conversion. There was 1:17 left and I think that we had 2 timeouts. Maybe it would have been better had they made it. If we had then drove down and scored a touchdown and then made our own 2 point conversion, I might not have had to listen to UNC - 1 point win, all year.

We will dominate UofSC by the 4th quarter. Our #3s will be

Nov 18, 2019, 9:24 AM

scoring to put the nails in the coffin and drop the casket in the hole.

I too think the rivalry will make the game close. For a little while. Then our athletes and depth will take over. All of the "close" games we played earlier in the season have a by-product called player depth. Time to reap the benefits of early season player development!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We will dominate UofSC by the 4th quarter. Our #3s will be

Nov 18, 2019, 2:38 PM

Only allowed 72 players on the travel team. That means we will still be running up the score in the 3rd and 4th qtr.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2019, 9:25 AM

If you're having trouble figuring out why Clemson is going to blow South Carolina out you're either:

1) An idiot

2) You have an agenda.

Wow

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2019, 9:37 AM

I don't think Usuck will lay down in the beginning but there is absolutely nothing for them to play for, for the ones with NFL chances. Coot radio was stating that they doubt Feaster or Edwards will play but not 100% sure of that. If we get up by 2 scores early then you will have the crowd out of it(probably exiting) and players that have NFL aspirations having phantom injuries.

I think the only risk in this game is....

Nov 18, 2019, 9:29 AM

multiple, massive mistakes early yielding a momentum change we couldn't possibly predict.

I just don't see it happening though. Clemson should be dying for some competition and with the lack of it will get to work burying the Dirt Peckers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like the muffed handling of the punt...

Nov 18, 2019, 1:34 PM

last Saturday. It was amazing how the life was sucked out of the stadium and we essentially went into a full quarter’s worth of funk after it happened. Only great defense kept it from being 7 instead of 3,

FOOTBALL. ISN'T. TRANSITIVE.

Nov 18, 2019, 9:30 AM

It's pretty simple to understand that Clemson wasn't focused on UNCheat. This is a rivalry game. This is November, championship season, orange britches. If Clemson plays as unfocused as they did against the cheaters, we're in trouble.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Clemson would still win...

Nov 18, 2019, 10:07 AM

because the team has more talent and they are better coached, but the game would likely be uncomfortably close.

Barring Clemson pulling a Kirby and completely ******** the bed, this will be another one-sided Clemson win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 18, 2019, 9:30 AM

Instead of just saying, "we are Clemson and we will crush them", I will give you a few football reasons why you analysis may be off.

QB comparison: Howell gets to stand up to throw the ball. Hilinski has not been doing that very much. He does throw a decent ball with time, but in games where they have had success, he does it within 10 yards of the LOS. That is very different than Howell who makes throws to all parts of the field.

Edwards: He is a talented player. Some are saying he won't be healthy enough to play. Obviously his absence would be a huge blow to their offense.

Kinlaw: Kinlaw is good. However, he is not a whole dline. I'm not sure those around him have similar talent. Also, UNC's dline did not give us much trouble. It was the blitzing LBs. Scar's LBs are not nearly as good as UNC's.

Atmostphere: I have had several coots tell me that no scar fans are going to show up in two weeks. This could certainly affect the home field advantage. One even told me, "it will be weird seeing our whole stadium orange".

Finally, I think the outcome of the game may have more to do with the coot morale than anything else. They have to practice for two weeks coming off of a blowout loss, hearing questions about their coach's future, and knowing they are not incredibly likely to win their last game either. Their resolve and ability to prepare well and be ready to play in two weeks will be a HUGE factor in the game. Some teams come out trying to put on one last good show and some teams fold up camp because they are ready for the offseason. It will be interesting to see where the coots fall.

Nov 18, 2019, 9:31 AM

Ok - I got nothing. ?????????????????

Spot the dang ball.

Nov 18, 2019, 9:33 AM

Clemson’s win over UNC was what happened that day. You seem to assume it would go that way if we played UNC again, thus your comparison of the coots to UNC and the conclusion it would go like that. It would not.

Nov 18, 2019, 9:35 AM

Let's see. They can't run. They can't pass. They have 1 star player on defense. We have a great defense and offense. I am trying to figure out how they can score 10 -14 points on us.

Nov 18, 2019, 9:44 AM

Studying film??? Sure you were. If so you failed. Hilinski couldn't carry Sam Howell's jock.

Most uof5c fans I know...

Nov 18, 2019, 10:03 AM

are trying to unload their tickets and have no plans to even watch because they know another beatdown is coming.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 18, 2019, 10:10 AM

So you're expecting Clemson to play awful in 2 weeks just like against UNC? I think the last few weeks have shown that the offense has come together a bit since then. And the defense has played nearly perfect. Not saying it couldn't happen, but they odds are pretty low that it will.

South Carolina has walked backwards since the beginning of the year when they played UNC also.

Studying film all day yesterday: Why torture yourself?***

Nov 18, 2019, 10:12 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

wow***

Nov 18, 2019, 10:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

It's simple. We're gonna stomp 'em into a mudhole because

Nov 18, 2019, 10:15 AM
fivebomb.jpg(127.9 K)

Nov 18, 2019, 10:51 AM

I see this game going similar to their game w Bama. Doubt it ends up as high scoring (47-23 was the score btw) but a 24 point margin in the end is indicative of the discrepancy between the two teams. We go into halftime with a 10 point lead, we jump on them in the 3rd, the fourth quarter is basically the game clock just winding down to end the inevitable. It won’t “feel like” a complete blowout to their fans probably but it won’t be close either.

13-3 at half.
27-6 at the end of third.
27-13 to start the fourth. Coots have life. Kick an onside but we recover and score on a short field.
Coots get ball and go for it on fourth, deep in their territory. We hold them. We run three plays, they hold us to without a first down. We kick a field goal.
37-13 to end the game.
Coots claim some moral victory that they held our offense mostly in check in the fourth quarter and we only scored on a short field, blah blah.

Nov 18, 2019, 4:05 PM

Studying (?) #### films really won't help you predict what is going to happen in a football game.

We had better be ready to play. No question about that.***

Nov 18, 2019, 5:46 PM

Nov 18, 2019, 5:49 PM

Their defense can play and will not be concerned about getting targeting penalties etc. I look for them to follow the UNC template of dropping back everyone and giving TL no single coverage options.

Their offense is in for a long day though. Their OL is bad and XT3/IS11 are hungry. I worry for Hilinski's health.

Nov 18, 2019, 5:59 PM

I think the UGA game and UNC (for us) are good reference points. UGA shows how a superior talented team with multiple turnovers and penalties can keep an inferior opponent in the game. And UGA was playing at home. Same thing goes for UNC and we were at their place. If we play sloppy like our 2015 team, we will keep them in the game until the end.

<###### width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/#####/lg0ormlNRT4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen>

?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? LOL

Nov 18, 2019, 7:21 PM

Couple of points: 1. UNCheat beat worm pullers,

Nov 18, 2019, 8:44 PM

2. Venerables holds a grudge, he remembers that the defense didn't look like world beaters last year. Look for them to get stoned.

We're fine.

No.

Nov 18, 2019, 9:14 PM

My first thought.....you need a life

Nov 18, 2019, 9:19 PM

if you have all day Sunday to “study film” and you are not a high school coach studying an opponent, might be time to get out a bit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Studying film all day?

Nov 18, 2019, 9:26 PM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic