Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Student Tickets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,417

Student Tickets

Sep 28, 2015, 1:49 PM

I hate the new ticketing system. I'm sol on getting a ticket to the game this weekend because I wasn't at my computer at exactly 12pm to order a ticket. Haven't missed a home game in over 10 years and I'm graduating in December.. This sucks!
-end of rant

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you weren't at your computer on time for this game

Sep 28, 2015, 1:54 PM

then you're not all in. It's all about priorities. Sometimes you have to skip classes, exams, meetings, anything to get your student ticket.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: If you weren't at your computer on time for this game

Sep 28, 2015, 2:07 PM

I agree and I missed many classes while camping out for tickets, but I do think the online ticket system is worthless. They already hurt basketball by taking away camping out. Now they are doing the same for football and I think it will hurt in the long run. First come first served is the only way to drive demand for student tickets weather that is a few days early or at the gate.

null

Sep 28, 2015, 2:07 PM [ in reply to If you weren't at your computer on time for this game ]

I've never had problems getting tickets until this year. I'm the guy that will camp out if I have to to make sure I'll have a ticket. I was taking an exam when the senior ticket distribution opened up today.

Sep 28, 2015, 2:08 PM

Then you have your parent log on. My dad is logging on for me for the Jr distribution. You do whatever it takes. ALL IN

Sep 28, 2015, 2:10 PM

My dad went to USuC so hell would freeze over before he would do that haha

NO EXCUSES! THIS IS THE NOTRE DAME GAME!***

Sep 28, 2015, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: If you weren't at your computer on time for this game ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Student Tickets

Sep 28, 2015, 2:07 PM

You have the opportunity to sign in during any subsequent distribution time after your class time as well. Hopefully tickets still remain for the junior class today at 6PM.

Sep 28, 2015, 3:49 PM

Yeah, this sucks for you guys. My son got stuck in a waiting room yesterday (IPTAY day), but idn't have class today.

Here are his comments when I asked him if he had any advice for you:

"Not really at this point… He may be able to log in for the Junior and underclassmen days and try to get a ticket that way. They have no idea what they’re doing with this ticketing.

"The frustrating thing is that every home game distribution should be equally competitive to get seats. If Gameday hadn’t announced that they were coming on Saturday I wonder if we would have been able to get a ticket yesterday. The people who didn’t claim a ticket for one or both of the first games shouldn’t have the same priority as those of us who did.

"Senior day was easy compared to IPTAY day, so hopefully it’s a good backup for us in the future."

I think there has to be some method of establishing priority. Camping out was one way of doing that (BTW, I brought hot chocolate to the poor souls in the rain camping for USUCK last year.) I think students should get points based upon going to ALL the games, getting there early, staying until the end and supporting other sports.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2015, 3:52 PM

The real question is... what major are you in that it's taking you 10 years to graduate??? ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2015, 4:31 PM

Me and all three of my roommates logged in a little before 12 Sunday for Iptay ticketing, all at the same time. We were all put in the "virtual waiting room," pretty much at the same time. I somehow managed to get through and get a lower bowl ticket. One other guy got let in like 7 minutes later and only hill was left in the lower bowl. By the time the other two got in, even the upper deck allotment was all gone. There's no method to the madness and it's really frustrating and stressful especially for big games (although this is the first big game).

Sep 28, 2015, 4:48 PM

Well don't give up. I needed one for a friend and posted here about it. Picked up a lower stands ticket this morning for face value. There's still good, non greedy tigers out there, and prices are going to drop the closer Saturday gets.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,417
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic