Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Student Lottery
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,228

Student Lottery

Aug 24, 2018, 8:34 PM

Here did students do in the ticket lottery today?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Student Lottery

Aug 24, 2018, 9:05 PM

My son who is a senior and a Collegiate Iptay member only got tickets to Furman, NCSU, Louisville and Duke. Missed out on USC and ‘Cuse. He has a senior friend who only got Furman and his grad student girlfriend only got USC and ‘Cuse. Doesn’t seem right when seniors can’t get tickets.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2018, 9:32 PM

That is crazy... My son is a sophomore and missed out on USC... Got tickets for remainder but is upset because only Lower Bowl for 2 games... I’ll tell him to shut up and be thankful... BUT this year’s arrangements are NOT better than last... They want to make sure students who GET tickets go to the game... LAST year model would work if they just implemented the strike system to that model.. You miss 2 games then that’s it - no more for you...

Aug 24, 2018, 9:39 PM

Hate to say it but ##### and dawgs have better model. One strike and they are out. Give credit for staying whole game etc.

Aug 24, 2018, 9:43 PM

Think so students did not realize that they had to sign up for iptay this summer and past years in iptay did not count

Aug 24, 2018, 9:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Student Lottery ]

How do Dawgs students get their tix?

Aug 24, 2018, 9:57 PM

Dawgs and gamecocks use a point system. Get points for soccer games etc. so students interest in sports get in to football games. Also everything online. Get a ticket and don't go then loss privileges. They can online return tickets up to kickoff. We need to do ours totally online. Also gamecocks get extra points for staying whole game. They deserve it for staying for that mess.

Aug 24, 2018, 11:14 PM

My son is a collegiate IPTAY member and got Furman, Syracuse, and Duke. He wa sold an IPTAY membership at a sanctioned IPTAY presentation under the premise that he would have priority for season tickets and/or single game lotteries. He was denied season tickets and got, arguably, the worst three home games, since Ga. Southern is parents weekend.

In my mind

COLLEGIATE IPTAY IS A SCAM

that preys on the desires of 18 - 22 year olds.

Shame on Clemson.

Distribute the tickets how you like. I don't care. But, don't take advantage of the students at a polished Collegiate IPTAY presentation, have them fork out their money, and then not deliver as insinuated in a classic bait and switch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2018, 7:18 AM

Saddens me to hear that the student ticket problems persist. When I was a student, the idea of any Senior (or Junior for that matter) not getting a ticket for any/all home football games was unheard of.

It was a pretty straight forward process back then. At the beginning of each semester you got a Student Activity card with numbers around the edge. Each number on the activity card represented an athletic event that would be punched out once you got your ticket. The week prior to a home football game, football tickets were dispensed by the library lower level sidewalk in front of the reflection pond. Mondays were reserved for Seniors to pick up their tickets, Tuesdays for Juniors, Wednesdays for Sophomores and Thursdays for Freshman. The lines were never really that long but you did have to invest some time and effort waiting to get your ticket. Freshman and Sophomore tickets were usually upper deck (even though we were able to still get on the Hill if we really wanted to), Junior and Senior tickets were all lower deck. There were a few instances where Freshman didn't get tickets because more upper classmen had decided to go to a really big game (i.e. UGA, USuC), but for the most part if you were a student and wanted to go to a football game you could get a ticket - one way or another.

I realize the student body was smaller back then but it still baffles me that distributing student tickets has become such a mess. Just like filling the Hill wasn't a problem until some AD folks decided to muck it up with new rules/procedures. The old adage - the more complicated you make the plumbing the easier it is to clog the pipes comes to mind...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2018, 7:28 AM

My daughter is a freshman and got 4. No NC State and none for dirtpecker game. Only 2 in lower. She’s been a Tiger Cub since she was 12 or 13 but I guess none of those points counted. She can sit with us during the others but still, the 20 grand a year should get you student tickets.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,228
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic