Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stuck in London this Weekend - Recomendations?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 2,342

Stuck in London this Weekend - Recomendations?

Oct 3, 2018, 10:44 AM

Anyone have recommendations on pubs that will be showing college football games? I am hoping not to have to watch it on my IPAD.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Enjoy the city and watch the game when you get home

Oct 3, 2018, 10:48 AM

#notatruefan

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

if you find the game on in a pub

Oct 3, 2018, 11:00 AM

please let me know. I would be surprised!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: Stuck in London this Weekend - Recomendations?

Oct 3, 2018, 11:04 AM

Bodean's BBQ is normally a good shout for American sport, and their website lists what they'll be showing. Matchpint has other places that show US sport. Bear in mind that it'll probably finish around midnight, so you might want to check the closing time in case you miss the end!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2018, 11:07 AM

My recommendation is to run like hell! Boat, plane, swim whatever it takes!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would start here...

Oct 3, 2018, 11:35 AM

https://www.facebook.com/LondonClemsonClub

Looks like they watched the NC Game at this place...

Oct 3, 2018, 11:39 AM

The Dugout at Belushi’s at 161-165 Borough High Street, SE1 1HR, London.

https://www.belushis.com

Re: I would start here...

Oct 3, 2018, 11:43 AM [ in reply to I would start here... ]

That's amazing! Tiger fans all over the world!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2018, 11:45 AM

Say Hi to the folks in Kentucky.

Oct 3, 2018, 11:48 AM

Ironically, I was in the exact same situation last weekend. London Clemson Club recommended the Dugout at Belushi's as mentioned before. We were competing with the Chelsea/Liverpool match at the same time, so we did not have any luck. Ended "watching" it on twitter ... barely survived the tension. Good luck finding it!

That should only be an issue for noon games

Oct 3, 2018, 1:51 PM

The EPL often has a marquee match at 12:30 (ET) on Saturdays. Soccer matches last pretty much exactly 2 hours so it will be off for a good hour before our game kicks at 3:30.

Oct 3, 2018, 11:48 AM

Just be careful over there. Part and parcel.

Oct 3, 2018, 11:55 AM

I live here though fortunately will be in america this week ;)

There arent a lot of reliable pubs that show college football. Belushis and bodeans are 50/50. In victoria there is a great bar called the Greenwood which should have ESPN on upstairs. Not a guarantee for the CU game but something will be showing.

You can also use www.ustvnow.com and sign up to stream ABC which may be showing the game. Its a website for us expats and military and is free. Watchespn will charge you £10 or so.

Good luck!

Go to a futbol match and drink lots of English bitter.***

Oct 3, 2018, 12:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just throw some shrimp on the barbie

Oct 3, 2018, 1:33 PM

and enjoy some Fosters

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Oct 3, 2018, 1:36 PM

The Richmond.

Shepherds Bush Road.

You're welcome.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Oct 3, 2018, 1:48 PM

Stuck in London? Really?

When me and the ex were there some years ago, there were two places. Can't remember the name but some dude made s fortune in British business but missed American food. Opened up two restaurant/bars that featured Pixza and BBQ. He was from Chicago so don't count much on the barbeque but it was alright. It was "Somebody's first name Chicago Pizza and Somebody's First Name Chicago Barbeque" As I recall the signs had a cartoon image of the guy- chubby dark hair with glasses. As part of the bar end he had a number of sets in the area featuring American football. It was pretty successful in the late 80s as a novelty to the Brits to watch while getting cocktails and for the American expats to get a taste of home. Both times we were there it was summer so the games featured were old, but there was a definite lien toward American football for the atmosphere. If they are open still and you can find it on the internet it may be worth a try. Probably better than trying a random pub and having to fight with locals who want to watch Arsenal and West Ham.

Oct 3, 2018, 2:02 PM

ESPN APP would come in handy for this week if you can't find it.

Replies: 17
| visibility 2,342
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic