Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stoudt or Watson? with some numbers to prove the point
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Stoudt or Watson? with some numbers to prove the point

Sep 11, 2014, 4:52 PM

Check out this article. Compares Watson, Stoudt, Russell Wilson, and Crab boy's passer ratings and total QBR. You'll be surprised at what you'll see. Cole isn't just getting outplayed. Every College Quarterback in America is. Folks, Deshaun is dominating, so far, at the point of which we've never seen since evaluating QBR and Passing efficiency. WOW. take a look.
here's a spoiler: watsons passer rating 316

crab boys Heisman winning: 184

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2014/9/8/6122773/stoudt-or-watson

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ehhh ohh ur going to get flamed

Sep 11, 2014, 4:55 PM

For posting a sts article. I'm not mad at ya. It was a good article

Re: Ehhh ohh ur going to get flamed

Sep 11, 2014, 7:00 PM

Let's face it. DW is clearly the far superior QB, but we have the familiar "Clemson Disease" at work here---as it
was under Bowden. Stoudt will crumble beneath FSU's
athleticism. I just hope Dabo will admit his major mis-judgement before the game gets totally out of hand. Hello folks. We have one of the top QB's in the nation.
Can our OL protect either QB? We've got to go out and hit them in the mouth and keep on doing it. We can't go conservative--win or lose, go down swinging. I wish we had some offensive tackles who weren't string beans.

Re: Stoudt or Watson? with some numbers to prove the point

Sep 11, 2014, 4:56 PM

The numbers are no good here, this is tigernet. Where being on campus for a long time and a practice dummy qualifies as paying your dues and earning a spot. This does make alot of sense tho, haven't seen this yet

If I've told you once I've told you a million times...

Sep 11, 2014, 5:14 PM

don't exaggerate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well then he won't be able to post.***

Sep 11, 2014, 5:20 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2014, 4:59 PM

Dabo and Chad have the first True freshman Heisman winner and do not even know it. ;)

but yes, his limited action has been sick.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet it's making FSU sick too...

Sep 11, 2014, 5:15 PM

not giving them enough film to know what DW is really capable of.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope that is what Dabo has up his sleeve

Sep 12, 2014, 5:51 AM

But I'm not holding my breath...

Sep 11, 2014, 7:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Stoudt or Watson? with some numbers to prove the point ]

Yeah, the same old "loyalty" thing overrides talent. How do we run the read option with Stoudt's limited mobility?
And I just don't think we have the OL that will permit him to stand like a statue in the pocket. I think that with beef and power and possibly the best QB in the country, we can beat FSU. But, I'm afraid our coaching gets us beat, maybe badly.

Even in limited playing time it's clear DW brings...

Sep 11, 2014, 5:13 PM

natural ability which puts him on what now appears to be at least even ground with CS. He's certainly done his part in gaining good weight and most likely deserves more playing time than he get.

Water is wet, sky is blue and Dabo runs this football team. If Dabo had have said 'Cole starts the remainder of this year's games,' you'd have a gripe and I'd be leading the charge. It appears he's bringing this kid along the right way instead of throwing him in the fire at the expense of our W/L record and the boy's self esteem.

I think DW will get more than a share at FSU. At least more than they can handle. One thing's for sure with this kid, no one will be able to simulate his game speed and talent in practice. I'll be glad when Dabo and Chad turn him loose.

Till then, grass is green, the Coots suck and Dabo still coaches.

Re: Even in limited playing time it's clear DW brings...

Sep 11, 2014, 5:26 PM

well said...I applaud you good sir

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Even in limited playing time it's clear DW brings...

Sep 11, 2014, 7:18 PM [ in reply to Even in limited playing time it's clear DW brings... ]

You make some good points.

Hardly fair to compare so far

Sep 11, 2014, 5:27 PM

Stoudt's numbers suffered because of the second half of UGa, in which nobody played well (including Watson, who only got one ineffective series). We've also run the ball in a number of times when he's been in, so his TD numbers are down.

Also, this has been posted in here 10- 15 times, all with the same responses.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A good landblasting to these guys is like throwing ...

Sep 11, 2014, 5:32 PM

Brer Rabbit in the brier patch. I thought I'd try reason. Turns out it's not as much fun and has about the same results.

Re: Hardly fair to compare so far

Sep 11, 2014, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Hardly fair to compare so far ]

Your first paragraph makes alot of sense. I agree with what you said, I have other thoughts too but that doesn't go well for me on here usually

Re: Hardly fair to compare so far

Sep 11, 2014, 7:32 PM [ in reply to Hardly fair to compare so far ]

By that time, our Ol had totally collapsed.

Sep 11, 2014, 5:27 PM

Too bad QBR or efficiency ratings don't factor into Heisman voting. It's ok if you just needed massive amounts of carries or attempts to put up ridiculous numbers as long as you did.

If he started and won the FSU game

Sep 11, 2014, 10:18 PM

He'd be a Heisman front runner for the next three years for sure. Say he put up numbers like Winston did against us last year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He doesn't have to start a game to win it.

Sep 12, 2014, 4:00 AM

Everybody is so hung up on DW starting. For the life of me I can't understand why. As long as these two are swapping in and out being the starter is nothing but a title.

If it's nothing but a title why deny the guy who's been here three years and put in three years of hard ### work waiting?

I'll tell you, because the world is full of azzhole who want all the authority and none of the responsibility or accountability, that's effin why!

Sep 12, 2014, 12:25 AM

if you're going by the numbers, last year Cole had the highest completion % in the nation and I believe was in the top 5 QBR in the nation, with minimum of 50 pass attempts. Yes, that's a small sampling, but we also have a pretty small sampling of DW..... right?

Sep 12, 2014, 1:33 AM

Did stoudt play against UGA last year? didn't think so. DW drove the field down the ball like he was a 5th year senior on his first ever CFB drive. i don't care what stoudt did last year vs tired our D's or backups late in a game.

tired out D's*****

Sep 12, 2014, 1:33 AM

Sorry but the Future has not arrived Yet. Maybe we could

Sep 12, 2014, 5:25 AM

Freeze DW so he wouldn't age while waiting his turn? We gotta take turns don't ya know

Sep 12, 2014, 7:49 AM

Stats are one thing,performance another,and while Deshaun is clearly the bettet in both categoriesthere is another factor to consider.It's loyality to your players.
Cole has done nothing to
lose the starting job,so unless you are willing to send this article to the coaching staff,or call Dabo,or show up at the next practice and confront either Dabo,or Cole,I suggest you let the coaching staff decide who gets the start,or the most playing time in Tallahassee next Saturday.

And I don't know about you,I'm not the least bit interested in that popularity contest named after some former head coach who coached at Clemson.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic