Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stop complaining about the BCS...we made our own beds
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 110
| visibility 1

Stop complaining about the BCS...we made our own beds

Nov 25, 2013, 10:44 AM

We need to face the facts. Our schedule this season, outside of 2 big games, has been a joke. We have played 2 FBS schools, and a ragtag group of ACC schools, many of whom are only vaguely interested in winning football games, and only do so as a fall distraction before basketball season gets started. I understand why the media doubts us, because we have played 2 teams with a pulse. We beat one in the first game of the season, and we were destroyed by one midway through the season. Let's take a look at who we have played.

Georgia (7-4) - The Georgia team we played was a top 10 team. The Georgia team most have played this year has only been a shell of the talented team we managed to defeat on opening night. They have 2 big wins in USC and LSU, and only 1 questionable loss against a decent Vandy team.

Sc. St (9-3) - They are the class of the MEAC, which doesn't really impress anyone. They have 0 wins against D1 schools.

Nc. St (3-8) - Do you smell the that, it sort of smells like burning trash, and it's coming from Raleigh. Nc. State is terrible. They have been shut out in ACC play, with their best victory of the year coming against a 5-6 Central Michigan squad.

Wake (4-7) - The smell of burning trash is also wafting in from Winston-Salem. Wake is terrible, but not quite as terrible as Nc. St (that should be their motto for the season). Wake's best win is against a 6-5 Maryland team who I will get to in a moment.

Syracuse (5-6) - Another terrible team (but they can hoop) who has done nothing but heap shame upon themselves and their new conference. Their best win, just like Wake, is against mighty Maryland.

Boston College (7-4) - This is the second best win to date. Boston College has specialized in being slightly better than the dregs of the ACC this season. Their best win is against a (7-4) Va Tech team, which looks impressive until you look at who Va Tech has beaten this season.

Florida State (11-0) - I drove all the way from Texas to watch my beloved Tigers get steamrolled by the Seminoles. Not only did we lose, we didn't compete, and were essentially out of the game by the end of the first quarter, and completely out of the game after the first drive in the third quarter. Not only did we lose to one of the only 2 teams on our schedule that could match us talent for talent, we got destroyed...at home....on national t.v.

Maryland (6-5) - The best thing Maryland has done this season is give a few cellar dwelling ACC teams their best win. A promising season ended with a thud as the 25th ranked Terps were squished in the middle of the road by the Seminoles 63-0. Since then Maryland has lost to football greats Wake Forrest and Syracuse. Their best win...a beleaguered Va Tech team.

Virginia (2-9) - Again, this team is terrible. I would like to see them play Nc. State, just we could figure out which team is more putrid. They started the season with a win against BYU and used that momentum to propel them to a win against VMI. Unfortunately, for UVA, that's where the wins stopped and the sucking began. They are terrible in every sense of the word, and should feel shame in their haughty, snobby, hearts (but they don't because they are too special to care about banal past times like football)

Georgia Tech (7-4) - Paul Johnson's genius has only stretched so far this season. The flying bugs have mostly beaten up on the dregs of the ACC, where a passing game is not required to be successful. Their best win comes against the Alpha Dogs of the Coastal Division this season...a 9-2 Duke Blue Devils.

The Citadel (5-7) Unlike Sc. St. this group isn't even a heavyweight in their own conference. A win is a win, but a win against The Citadel isn't going to impress anyone, human or computer.

As you can see, we have done what we needed to do for the most part. We beat Georgia, lost to F.S.U., and dominated the rest of our pitiful competition. If you throw Georgia out of the mix, of the teams we have beaten, Georgia Tech probably has the most impressive win on their schedule, that being against Duke. We may have had a chance to leave this trainwreck of a football conference, but we opted to stay, and fight it out with Florida State every year to be crowned king of the terrible.

Why, you ask, am I bringing this up, when we face those vile chickens from the midstate in 6 short but ever so long days? First, because we need to stop complaining about our ranking. We are lucky to be ranked where we are with our schedule. We pass the eye test, and we passed the Georgia test, but that is about it. We are truly an unknown at this moment in terms of our actual ability. Second, all of this can change with a win against the above mentioned chickens. The legitimacy of this season rests on the game Saturday. We win, and we prove we are a legit program, we lose, and the questions turn to smug grins on the faces around the south east. Sure, Clemson can beat up the terrible ACC, but when the chips are down, they are just above average in a bad conference. Essentially, the North Illinois or Boise St. of the Southeast.

I believe we are better than that, but that's all it is at the moment...a belief. We can prove it to everyone on Saturday. I will once again make the trek from Texas, but this time I will be headed deep inside of enemy territory. I expect a victory.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SCar schedule is the real joke***

Nov 25, 2013, 10:44 AM

Yes, but it's better than ours

Nov 25, 2013, 10:47 AM

They have wins against a 7-4 Vandy, a 9-1 UCF, and a 10-1 Missouri team.. We have a win against Georgia.

Vandy, you really went Vandy

Nov 25, 2013, 11:07 AM

The only reason Vandy has 7 wins is because they've beaten an
0-12 Austin Peay
1-10 Umass
2-9 UAB
7-4 Georgia who was injury depleted
4-7 UF
2-8 Kentucky
4-7 Tennessee
20-57 combined record of teams they've beaten.

You need to quit looking at just the conference names on the jersey.

Re: Yes, but it's better than ours

Nov 25, 2013, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Yes, but it's better than ours ]

If you can count Vandy then BC and GT must be world beaters. Put those schools against the season opening UGA team and I think we are about even.

null

Fine through out Vandy - keep Missouri and UCF

Nov 25, 2013, 11:12 AM

They still have a better schedule with just those 2 teams.

Re: Fine through out Vandy - keep Missouri and UCF

Nov 25, 2013, 11:18 AM

I think you meant throw out

And what has Missouri really done?

Nov 25, 2013, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Fine through out Vandy - keep Missouri and UCF ]

Their signature win (the 1 that jumped them 9 spots in the polls) was over UF. Missouri is a 15-22 ranked team in reality. Good win for SC on the road, no doubt. But I would really really really like our chances against Missouri.

Central Florida on the road has proven to be formidable. But thats a 6 to 7 win team if they played in a legit conference.

The Clemson and SC schedules are about even. We beat UGA, they didn't. They lost to UT, we've beaten every one on our schedule like UT. They haven't played anyone even close to as good as FSU (and we proved we aren't at that level too).

Re: And what has Missouri really done?

Nov 25, 2013, 1:22 PM

Missouri has just as good of wins as clemson does, they beat UGA like a drum at UGA.

Re: And what has Missouri really done?

Nov 25, 2013, 1:28 PM

They beat UGA without its 3 starting receivers, Todd Gurley and Keith Marshall. You should know that's not the same team. I'd argue you guys (South Carolina) are a better team than Mizzou, but you know first hand how good that healthy Georgia team was.

South Carolina and Mizzo are probably equivalent

Nov 25, 2013, 1:29 PM

Remember, Carolina beat Mizzo minus Mizzo's starting Q.B.

Re: South Carolina and Mizzo are probably equivalent

Nov 25, 2013, 1:33 PM

I honestly don't think there's much if any drop off between the two.

I concur with the above message***

Nov 25, 2013, 1:38 PM

franklin is a dual threat qb, mauk is not. that alone makes

Nov 25, 2013, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Re: South Carolina and Mizzo are probably equivalent ]

big difference. take away THAT aspect, and you are probably right about their talents.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: franklin is a dual threat qb, mauk is not. that alone makes

Nov 25, 2013, 2:05 PM

The way I look at it is it's sort of similar to Shaw & Thompson for South Carolina.

Its throw!

Nov 25, 2013, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Fine through out Vandy - keep Missouri and UCF ]

Coot!

how is Vandy better than BC or GT?***

Nov 25, 2013, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Yes, but it's better than ours ]

Let's look at Vandy's losses

Nov 25, 2013, 1:21 PM

39-35 loss to an Ole Miss team, who should at least be considered decent.

35-25 to a good South Carolina team

51-28 to a good Missouri team

56-24 to a good A&M team

Now...G.T.

17-10 V. Tech ... a mediocre team

45-30 Miami..... a team probably on par with Ole Miss

38-20 BYU.... an up an down team, again, similar to Ole Miss

55-31 Clemson....a good/great team

B.C.

35-7 Southern Cal... pre Kiffen firing

48-34 F.S.U....they gave F.S.U. their best test of the season

24-14 Clemson....gave Clemson all the wanted

34-14 UNC...lost to a putrid UNC team

I think I like Vandy's losses better than either G.T. or B.C., but it really is a beauty contest between those teams. I think, just by watching those teams play this year that I would rank them:

Vandy/B.C.

G.T a distant 3rd.

UNC isn't so putrid anymore***

Nov 25, 2013, 4:07 PM

You really need to do more research before you post

Nov 25, 2013, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Yes, but it's better than ours ]

"your opinion".

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

PS: It does get you a lot of TU by the coots on the

Nov 25, 2013, 1:19 PM

board if that is your objective. Well done.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please feel free to critique my original post***

Nov 25, 2013, 1:24 PM [ in reply to You really need to do more research before you post ]

Re: Yes, but it's better than ours

Nov 25, 2013, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Yes, but it's better than ours ]

You really think their schedule is better than ours? The type of teams we blow out they #### near lose to and actually lost to one. Half the teams they've played aren't even going to a bowl game. He ll coots aren't even saying their schedule was better than ours, only the delusional ones that love riding the SEC are proclaiming their SOS. You ranked vandy as a quality win lol that's how desperate you are to prove a point.

That's complete BS

Nov 25, 2013, 10:45 AM

If we were to somehow get in b/c of upsets, that would mean we played our way in, not backed in.

And who cares what we did... I'm not being paid to do this. I can talk scenario's and hope for upsets all day, and it doesn't effect this team or program one bit.

You guys are beyond comical

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Sorry, you can't read

Nov 25, 2013, 10:49 AM

If we win put another impressive victory on the board against USC, then yes, we play our way in, as for now, what have we done other than beat Georgia in the opener?

wrong thread... my bad***

Nov 25, 2013, 10:50 AM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

I apologize... that was meant for a different thread***

Nov 25, 2013, 10:50 AM [ in reply to That's complete BS ]

Re: Stop complaining about the BCS...we made our own beds

Nov 25, 2013, 10:52 AM

a win and the Cuse can go to a bowl. which is totally pathetic. they are awful. you should need to win 8 to get into a bowl not 6

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2013, 10:58 AM

Very astute analysis--can't argue with it too much.My complaint would be Missouri.They beat a depleted UGA team and an Ole Mi$$ team that has been overanked from day one.Murray State,Toledo,Indiana,Arkansas State,Vandy,Florida,UT,UK.They should not be ranked ahead of us.They will probably also handle TAMU if they can outscore Johnny Football.I think GT could go through that schedule in pretty good shape,other than SC

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You said it in your post UGA, Ole Miss, Vandy

Nov 25, 2013, 11:10 AM

Those 3 teams would be favored against any of our opponents save Florida St.

Vandy and Ole Miss are no better than GT, VT, UNC and BC.

Nov 25, 2013, 11:21 AM

Tennessee, Florida, Ark, Miss St, and Kentucky are as bad as the bad in the ACC.

Give it a freaking rest.

The SEC is better than the ACC, no question, but it's not the week in week out juggernaut everyone makes them out to be.

Texas is in 2nd/3rd of the Big12 - sorry, that alone says the league isn't very good - and the ACC has two top 5/10 teams..for years we were told that is why SEC is so good, why are we hurt by it now?

The Pac10 is jumbled, has no one as good as the ACC top 2, they do have 4 better than our 3rd, but after that they're average to bad.

Again - the ACC bashing is getting old, every league has dregs, every league has top teams.

Right now my ranking is:
SEC
PAC
ACC
BIg12
Big10

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

2 years ago Mizzou was midling in Big12...

Nov 25, 2013, 11:23 AM

..the fact they are about to (or even come in 2nd in division) win their division should be freaking embarrassing to the SEC.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Ole Miss beat Texas and LSU

Nov 25, 2013, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Vandy and Ole Miss are no better than GT, VT, UNC and BC. ]

show me Gt, Vt, UNC, or BC win that impressive.

I'll give you Vandy,but at least they haven't been embarrassed in any of their losses.

Texas fired their DC before the Ole Miss game

Nov 25, 2013, 11:26 AM

had he not beaten OU, Mack Brown would have U-Haul on retainer by now.

You're grasping, the fact you now toss one out...

Nov 25, 2013, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Ole Miss beat Texas and LSU ]

...shows there is not much difference.

So now your entire argument comes down to a win over LSU?

So OleMiss beating LSU (not giving you texas, they're just not that good and everyone knows it) is a big deal is why the SEC is tougher.

Keep up the good fight for your feathered friends.

And the icing, UGA beat LSU

Nov 25, 2013, 11:28 AM

last I checked, we had that game in our win column.

My point was that our schedule is terrible

Nov 25, 2013, 11:29 AM [ in reply to You're grasping, the fact you now toss one out... ]

and we have beaten one team with a pulse. Prove me wrong. Showing what other teams have done does not change the facts of our terrible schedule.

Also, I remember it being a pretty big deal when we beat L.S.U.

Your point was others schedules were much better.

Nov 25, 2013, 11:41 AM

About everyone here has shown you the schedule of folks around us isn't much different to this point.

If we beat a top 10 SCar team at their place, that's better than any win Mizzou or Ohio St would have.

Did you read the bottom of my post?

Nov 25, 2013, 12:06 PM

I said the exact same thing. We beat USC, we are good, until then we need to stop whining. Is that such a hard concept?

I did, but obviously you can't comprehend my (or about...

Nov 25, 2013, 3:12 PM

...any other) post.

Our win against UGa is better than any win mizzou has.

They have a win against Ole Miss, Ole miss is in the same boat as GT and BC. Watching Ole Miss DL against BC OL is a miss match of magnificent proportions (I think OleMiss would also score some on BC...alas, evenly matched).

Again, and try to keep up...not suggesting our schedule is on par w/ playing in the AFC west, but no one is confusing Mizzou's schedule there either.

Nov 25, 2013, 11:07 AM

Thanks for the factual non orange colored glasses realistic approach to a discussion forum

So tired of the "How did team X jump so high, How are we not ranked higher than team X?"

See above in the very factual assessment above

Look at the records of opponents. so many on here are so enamored with the SEC overall being down they forget how putrid the ACC is outside of FSU and Clemson. The very fact that you mock them yet 90% of their teams are in the top 40 and 20% of the ACC is in the top 40 makes their argument for them. Yes they are not as good this year but there are several teams just outside of the top 25 which can;t be said for our schedule

The ACC continues to ruin Clemson week to week. Like it or not playing a tough Miss St team 2 weeks ago is tougher than most on our schedule. Week in week out they get to go against 315 lb linemen and that can only help when FSU comes to town. Did you see the Ga Tech game? Clemson has TEs bigger than most of their linemen

Clemson doesn;t get to bang away at big tough dudes each week. Like it or not whether the team is ranked or not, how many top 10 recruited players at each position does Clemson get to play week in week out. Playing Gurley in week one offered an entire defense the chance to play against the best at that position. Aaron Murray, and Jamies was a wash but still great experience. How about receivers, the FSU game is really the only one, Big D linemen for the O to learn from? FSU maybe UGA, Linebackers, maybe UGA FSU

While the SEC, Big 12 etc may be down at least they get their share of top prospects across the board so even a mediocre team has a top player or 2 to help learn from while playing. I would give the example of Ga TEchs D lineman that was so good. That is where teams get better and it is more than running up the score. Miami, Louisville, Va Tech, FSU can help by doing this. did you catch that? Other than Clemson who esle from the real ACC is assisting, nobody, they screw us every year then beat us in basketball

Nov 25, 2013, 11:18 AM

And this year the BCS standings matter to Clemson, Why? Complain for the sake of having nothing better to do if you must. Next year...ok I'll play your silly game starting with Ohio State. This year...Who cares? Beat USuC and finish 3rd in BCS...Great. Still going to the Orange Bowl. Do you really think we should be playing for the National Championship?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2013, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Stop complaining about the BCS...we made our own beds ]

You must be kidding?Missouri banging it out with big tough dudes every week.More pillowfights than a house full of teenage girls at a spend the night party.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2013, 11:17 AM

I get so sick of this crap from media . I really do not need to hear it on here. We beat some good teams! We play the teams on our schedule!
Vandy ,Kentucky,Tennessee, Ole Miss, Miss State, Arkansas really really. Florida,.....
We beat Georgia at full strength they lost at full strength!
Auburn should have lost to Georgia except for a miracle.
Mizz thats better?
pedal this crap somewhere else!

"We beat some good teams!"

Nov 25, 2013, 11:21 AM

Show me a "good team" other than Georgia and Florida State. We do play who is on our schedule, but that is our own fault for continuing on in the ACC. In the years we don't draw either Miami (and average team) or Va Tech (another average team) we have no one. Name another team in our division that even cares about winning football games.

Re: "We beat some good teams!"

Nov 25, 2013, 11:26 AM

ACC has 9 teams bowl elidgible . They beat someone! The teams we beat were the teams in our confrence and we beat them all by at least double digits! We will see Saturday where we stand. If USC beats us so be it but until then GO TIGERS!

First of all, that's what I said regarding USC

Nov 25, 2013, 11:31 AM

Second, you didn't answer my question. Show me a good team that we played other than F.S.U. and U.G.A. I'm thinking B.C. and Ga Tech come the closest, and combined their best win is against Duke.

What win does Mizzou have better than us?

Nov 25, 2013, 11:45 AM

UGa, even w/ their injuries when they played, is still their best win.

Give it a rest.

Again, I would say Ole Miss

Nov 25, 2013, 12:05 PM

I would also say that their one loss came in overtime. While our one loss was over in the first quarter. They will also have a chance to beat Texas A&M next weekend. Missouri is in the same boat as we are. They need to prove it on the field next week against a good (not great)Texas A&M squad.

Re: "We beat some good teams!"

Nov 25, 2013, 4:11 PM [ in reply to Re: "We beat some good teams!" ]

Ummm 10 teams *cough* *cough*

You had me at "joke".

Nov 25, 2013, 11:20 AM

At this point, I got the point. Didn't need the rest of the analysis.

Great analysis with the facts. It's good to see someone who lives in the "real" world and not fantasyland. To be elite, you've got to beat the elite. Do that enough and you become the best. Clemson needs to prove itself on the field when these elite opportunities come. So far this season, we're 1-1.

You'll probably be chastised for this post, but there's not an utterance in it that's not 100% correct.

Nov 25, 2013, 11:30 AM

I'm surprised you're not being called a coot already. Some people just can't deal with the truth.

Nov 25, 2013, 11:34 AM

Very well written and loaded with facts. For that, sir, you will be called a "Coot" by the dregs of our fanbase.

How many handles do you have? lol***

Nov 25, 2013, 11:45 AM

Re: How many handles do you have? lol***

Nov 25, 2013, 12:12 PM

Handles = User names?

If so, this is the one and only user name I've ever had on this site.

Same here, always been Drewtigeralum03***

Nov 25, 2013, 12:13 PM

Objective critique will get you nowhere on here...

Nov 25, 2013, 12:22 PM

The truth is that our schedule is terrible. It's not our fault, it's what it is. The one very good team we played stomped us in our own house.

This Saturday will give us an idea as to whether we're a legitimate Top 10 team or not.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Objective critique will get you nowhere on here...

Nov 25, 2013, 12:28 PM

The biggest problem is we did beat an elite team in Georgia. If they stay healthy, they're likely a 10+ win team this year. That's the team we played.

If they stayed healthy (relatively speaking), I think we're likely the only loss they have this year.

The problem is, that doesn't matter with the computers.

I agree, we beat an elite Georgia team

Nov 25, 2013, 12:33 PM

It's just that most other teams didn't have an opportunity to play the same team.

Re: I agree, we beat an elite Georgia team

Nov 25, 2013, 12:40 PM

True, but they ran a gauntlet in that first month and were able to beat South Carolina and LSU, which were arguably their two best SEC opponents.

I actually do believe that Mizzou is a bit of a fraud whose benefitted from the wheels falling off of basically every team in the SEC East. I think we should be ranked higher than them (and we are in the human polls), but understand why the computers aren't giving us any love.

Hopefully we can change all of this on Saturday.

Re: I agree, we beat an elite Georgia team

Nov 25, 2013, 12:40 PM

who's**

Reality is not going to go over well******

Nov 25, 2013, 12:31 PM

It never does.***

Nov 25, 2013, 12:34 PM

Re: It never does.***

Nov 25, 2013, 12:39 PM

I agree with you completely and am in the unique situation of being both a Clemson AND a Mizzou fan. Had a son graduate from both though the Clemson one was a student athlete besides. I personally believe the two teams may well be very close and it would be interesting if they played. But..........fully agree neither one has proven a whole lot either at this point though I do give Mizzou more credit since their loss was a poorly coached double overtime loss while Clemson got absolutely destroyed at home, a game which I suggested to one of my sons I would have given Clemson 20 points. Both teams need to show us what they can do in the next couple of weeks.

Or,....

Nov 25, 2013, 12:39 PM

... you could say that Clemson has a kick-arse team that stumbled once this entire year! Just because many of the teams we beat weren't very strong doesn't provide evidence that we're not strong.
Following on the heels of a dominant game against LSU at the end of last year, I'd have to say that a 10-1 season (so far) is pretty darn good!

10-1 is fine

Nov 25, 2013, 12:43 PM

Stumbled is a bit of an understatement regarding the F.S.U.

Dominant is an overstatement regarding a game won by a miracle play and a last second field goal (I'll take the win all day though).

I think this team is good, but have no idea how good it is because it has only been challenged athletically twice and is 1-1. We will see how good we are on Saturday.

Re: 10-1 is fine

Nov 25, 2013, 12:44 PM

What was the miracle play?

4th and what was it 15-18...pass to Nuk***

Nov 25, 2013, 12:45 PM

Re: 4th and what was it 15-18...pass to Nuk***

Nov 25, 2013, 12:56 PM

ah yes, 4th and 16!

That play in itself definitely qualifies as a miracle, but the second miracle was how LSU was even in that game to begin with. If you take a look at the stat sheet, Clemson more than doubled their yards and more than tripled their first downs.

Overall, I wouldn't call the victory dominant since it was so reliant on that one play, but I wouldn't call it a fluke or lucky as some others said.

Comes down to how you define things,...

Nov 25, 2013, 3:31 PM [ in reply to 10-1 is fine ]

"Stumbled" in regard to the fact that we lost one out of 10. And yes, you could challenge use of this word if you define the argument differently.

"Dominant" in regard to LSU cramping, dragging butt, and faking injuries late in the game just to try and slow us down,...And yes, you could challenge use of this word if you define the argument differently.

My point is that there are other ways to view the quality of this team than with just the set of glasses you're currently using. Personally, I believe we're pretty darn good, and have an excellent chance of finishing out with only 1 or 2 losses on the year,... I SINCERELY hope the team is looking at it this way, and sure hope they go into the Sakerliner game understanding that we BELIEVE they'll get it done.!!!

Re: Or,....

Nov 25, 2013, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Or,.... ]

I think that would be a legit argument too...I think the OP is making this post to perhaps give people perspective as to why we're not ranked #4 or #5 in the BCS this week. The fact is, other teams have played better schedules than us--or at least perceived better schedules.

So I'm guessing that you think Ohio State

Nov 25, 2013, 12:53 PM

is ranked too highly? Their schedule is much worse than ours.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I do

Nov 25, 2013, 12:57 PM

They have not been tested at all this season. We have been tested twice and are 1-1. It's just hard not to have an undefeated O.S.U. not in the top 3.

What? Auburn made their bed but is ahead of us? Missouri

Nov 25, 2013, 12:55 PM

made their bed? Ohio State played "no one" and made their bed?

Get real. Clemson is a good team. We have won 30+ games the last 3 year. Bad teams do not do that. Bad teams lose a lot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please show me where I said Clemson isn't a good team

Nov 25, 2013, 1:01 PM

Will get a chance, just like Missouri to prove they belong. O.S.U. will at least get to play a decent M.S.U. team. and they have beaten a 2 loss Wisconsin team (granted, Wisconsin is 0-2 against teams with a pulse).

Clemson is a good team. Who has USuC beat that we could

Nov 25, 2013, 1:03 PM

not beat?

Why play this game?

Nov 25, 2013, 1:10 PM

As I said, we get a chance to play USC and settle it on the field Saturday. We win and we validate our ranking, we lose, and we validate the opinion that we are a good, but not great team, who beats up on a terrible conference.

What is FSU? Except for our bad game we beat the same

Nov 25, 2013, 1:14 PM

teams they beat. They will beat a hapless Gator team next--but if they were playing USuC they would be questioned? We are 10-1 they are 11-0. USuC is 9-2. All good teams. All good records.

Don't like the part that we have to "validate our record" (at 10-1) but no one else had to validate their record.

Seriously

Nov 25, 2013, 1:23 PM

F.S.U. came into the 3rd ranked team in the nation, on the road, and destroyed them (that team being Clemson). F.S.U. v Clemson has been decided on the field, with the unquestioned edge to Florida State.

Why does Clemson have to be validated for going 10-1?

Nov 25, 2013, 1:32 PM [ in reply to What is FSU? Except for our bad game we beat the same ]

Do all teams have to be validated or only Clemson?

To be in the top 5?

Nov 25, 2013, 1:33 PM

I would say yes.

So, Auburn needs to be validated for a last second fluke win

Nov 25, 2013, 1:42 PM

over UGA? An no one has done that?

Message was edited by: AThomas®

Yup, they get their chance against Bama next week.***

Nov 25, 2013, 1:44 PM

Re: What? Auburn made their bed but is ahead of us? Missouri

Nov 25, 2013, 2:04 PM [ in reply to What? Auburn made their bed but is ahead of us? Missouri ]

Neither Auburn nor Missouri lost at home by 30+ points. That is why they are ranked higher.

I guess that is like losing to Tennessee--one of those

Nov 25, 2013, 2:13 PM

mysteries of the college football season.

Re: I guess that is like losing to Tennessee--one of those

Nov 25, 2013, 2:22 PM

Yes. That's why SC is ranked way back at 10, instead of 3 or 4. Ten may be a bit too high. I am not above saying it.

We don't get that many opportunities to play ranked teams

Nov 25, 2013, 1:00 PM

The more exposure to good competition, the better. If we get lulled into a sense of superiority by beating fluff teams, it hurts development and we're set up to be blindsided by a good team (when one comes along). Winning this upcoming game involves preparation above and beyond what's normally necessary. Step out of that sense of normalcy and get the guys into "SEC" mode or whatever you want to call it. Just get this #### done.

Good job Drew

Nov 25, 2013, 1:42 PM

Your reality is not wanted here though.

As a follow on to your analysis though, what do you think of FSU's schedule? Sure, the stars aligned for their trip to Clemson and it seemed they could do wrong....but outside of that game, what is their signature win.

So many on here assume FSU will win the NC in easy fashion but I'm waiting to see how successful Winston is when he is getting pressure all night...he hasn't faced the kind of d-line that Bama can bring.

FSU looks unbeatable, but your post says Clemson is an unknown at the moment....by extrapolation then, we really don't know how good FSU is.

F.S.U. is somewhat untested

Nov 25, 2013, 1:47 PM

and will be until they play Bama. That being said, F.S.U. has only been in 1 close game all year. They haven't messed around with teams like we have. They have played a weak schedule as well, but they have destroyed everyone except for B.C.

Re: F.S.U. is somewhat untested

Nov 25, 2013, 2:04 PM

The more I read this morons comments the more I have a feeling he's wearing a clown jersey rubbing his cockrag. Go to cockytalk there are plenty of morons there, you will be right at home.

Yes, I'm obviously a Gamecock

Nov 25, 2013, 5:34 PM

You got me pall, you sure are sharp.

Nov 25, 2013, 1:50 PM

Well OSU sitting undefeated has to prove their record and is catching heat for their schedule.

Should OSU beat Mich St they will have a better win than Clemson and will be undefeated

So to answer, yes, every team has to prove themselves. Why do you think Boise was always looked at in a silly kind of way until they beat an Oklahoma team going down hill fast

Clemson does not want to be Boise and teh only way that happens is FSU and the rest of the ACC give some competition to prove the high rankings Clemson will continue to have with the high scores and loads of wins each year. I just don;t want to see them questioned year after year. Heck even Dan Patrick ripped Oregon today asking Tony Dungy if they were just a pretty offense putting up stats until they play a tough defense?

You don;t want to keep hearing that for the next 5 years

That's the only reason the OP brought up the schedule is to say hey it isn;t a conspiracy, the schedule sucks and so does a big loss to FSU

Not a dig at Clemson just a factual statement on why Clemson and OSU are the most questionable top 10 teams tot he rest of the country

As far as Clemson and South Carolina SOS, I think you're

Nov 25, 2013, 1:51 PM

splitting hairs.

I've seen Clemson ranked in the 20's and the 50's and similar for South Carolina.

Both teams are 3-1 versus top 40.

Both teams plays teams they should beat, teams that are somewhat of a tossup, and some teams that are better. It's kind of silly to say Team X is a little better than Team Y, when both Teams X and Y are crappy and should always an easy win.

Clemson's schedule is not much different than South Carolina's, and for that matter not much different Auburn's, or Missouri's. There is no objective reason that either Auburn or Missouri should have jumped Clemson. I think there is a valid beef with the BCS.

drew,you do know that right now ,the acc/sec score is 2-2,

Nov 25, 2013, 2:12 PM

right. your argument will fall on deaf ears (as it should) until after this week-end, when the TIE is broken up, one way or the other. we'll know the answer saturday night.

A does of reality... I hate it******

Nov 25, 2013, 2:39 PM

well, it could be a does not of reality !

Nov 25, 2013, 2:44 PM

that would be something,huh ?

or a does of realty, which would be nice, depending on

Nov 25, 2013, 2:49 PM

location.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He dose not know what he is typing about!***

Nov 25, 2013, 3:04 PM

Good analysis.

Nov 25, 2013, 2:44 PM

Can't argue that our sos sucks and that most teams in the ACC are just bad.

However, I will point out that the majority of the teams ranked in the top 10 have bad sos.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

GO BACK TO TEXAS, BAYLOR FAN***

Nov 25, 2013, 2:49 PM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We done Drew! I didn't realize how cr@ppy the league was

Nov 25, 2013, 2:54 PM

I didn't realize how cr@ppy the league is until I read your analysis. Well done. Seriously, I've been busy with life and haven't looked at the standings. I just knew that Duke controls their destiny after the ACC Wheel of Destiny has had it's way with the Coastal.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

100th reply...***

Nov 25, 2013, 3:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Overall I like your post but some of the

Nov 25, 2013, 3:34 PM

resulting replies bother me a bit.

I mean some people here think we are the most overrated team in the history of college football because we play in the "weak" ACC. They go on and on about how this or that team from the SEC or where the hel ever would beat everyone on our schedule, bla bla bla

I'm not saying we are the best team in the nation and I don't wear orange sunglasses and I'm not a dreg but we certainly are a top 10 team and I really think we deserve our #6 ranking.

You guys can speculate all day long about who would beat who and which conference is best or worse but on any given day any decent team can beat any other team, excluding BAMA and FSU.

So can ya'll just shut up with the ACC bashing and Clemson ain't played nobody talk?

PS- You want to talk about Frauds? Auburn is the biggest one currently on the board.

After the top 2 teams

Nov 25, 2013, 5:41 PM

I think you could throw 3-10 into a hat and draw them out in random order at this point. I don't live in South Carolina, heck I live in Texas, so I hear different perspectives. I defend the Tigers to the end, but when people bring up that we only have 1 win against a good team on our resume, and that was 3 months ago, I have no reply. The best I can do is say that B.C. isn't terrible, but I usually get laughed at for that. Like I said, we beat South Carolina, we shut everyone up and prove we are a top 10 team. We lose, and we proves we are probably somewhere between 15-25.

I agree, beat SC, earn some respect***

Nov 25, 2013, 5:44 PM

Nov 25, 2013, 4:02 PM

All I gotta say is they have won 4 in a row. And nothing has really changed. They have about the same players and we have about the same players. When Sammy gets popped one good time, he'll be heading to the sideline. And if the OL doesn't give TB time in the pocket, he'll be throwing dead ducks in the air, and have two or three picks. We have no running backs. If our D doesn't stop Davis and they keep our defense on the field a lot, they will wear us down. They beat us last year by double digits with a second string QB, second string RB, missing OL and missing defensive players. I'm hearing the same crap on this board I've heard the last four years.

If it bothers you that bad then just leave...

Nov 25, 2013, 4:05 PM

you don't have to be here you know...

yep, dead on

Nov 25, 2013, 4:34 PM

but you're probably gonna get a lot "you tell em coot" replies from the kaiser blade crowd, mmm-hmmm.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Just about all the big boys have 2 FCS schools on schedule.

Nov 25, 2013, 6:23 PM

We scheduled Georgia and South Carolina as two non-conference as well. If we beat South Carolina, we will be the highest ranked 1 loss team in the country. Had we beaten FSU, we'd be number 2 in the country and in line for the BCS Championship game right now. Nothing wrong with the schedule.

Replies: 110
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic