Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stop assuming Dex won't play.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Stop assuming Dex won't play.

Dec 26, 2018, 9:58 AM

We don't know that yet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm with you

Dec 26, 2018, 10:00 AM

I'm still hopeful.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually I believe it is best to assume he won't play and

Dec 26, 2018, 10:05 AM

be happy if he can.

A fan's assumption won't have any impact one way or the other.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Actually I believe it is best to assume he won't play and

Dec 26, 2018, 10:10 AM

Exactly.

He's currently suspended, until he is not suspended

Dec 26, 2018, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Actually I believe it is best to assume he won't play and ]

not sure what other assumption one could make at this point

Isn't Venables assuming Dex won’t play?

Dec 26, 2018, 2:35 PM

Reading his comments, he’s pretty much resigned to being without him.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stop assuming Dex won't play.

Dec 26, 2018, 10:07 AM

Couldnt agree more and definitely been saying prayers for all 3 guys. Above all else what bothers me the most is even if these guys are cleared, it's still a stain on their names to some. And that is what I despise about the NCAA. It feels like they never go the distance to completely clear guys once the truth comes out. The damage is done and that is that. All that said, I'm praying for the best! GO TIGERS and hope they take all this out on the golden domers!!

Dec 26, 2018, 10:09 AM

Odds are he won't. I would rather assume he won't play and get a pleasant surprise if he does.

Dec 26, 2018, 10:17 AM

The only way he will play is if B sample comes back clean, not likely though. Better to plan for him not to play the rest of the year guys. It will take a Christmas miracle for the NCAA to do the appeal in time.

Dec 26, 2018, 10:41 AM

The B sample will only come back negative if there was a false positive on the original test. False positives do occur, but the %age likelihood is small.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2018, 10:44 AM

Yup, gotta say it sucks but it is where he is right now. Not likely to have it reversed with the B sample and an appeal is not gonna be done by Saturday. Feel bad for the big man as I really doubt it was intentional.

when has a B sample EVER exonerated

Dec 26, 2018, 10:19 AM

An athlete? Im sure it has happened but dont recall a single instance.

Re: when has a B sample EVER exonerated

Dec 26, 2018, 10:23 AM

Yup, gotta go with Big Dex is not gonna play another down at Clemson. Hate it for him as I do not think it was intentional but that matters little to the outcome. I just hope he is geting some support around him as I think he is most likely feeling pretty down.

Dec 26, 2018, 1:54 PM

Actually, it not being intentional SHOULD matter because rules should never be black and white for people that aren't stuck in a prison/authoritarian mindset. They should test him now and if he is clean now and they can find no source of what caused him to trigger the test and he was clean in all tests he took previously this year, then they should allow him to play.

And the thought that they can't get his urine tested by an official lab or medical facility with 3 weekdays left before the game is preposterous and just assuming that waiting on bureaucrats to get things done matters or should be given an allowance. It shouldn't.

But this whole mess about whether it was intentional or not doesn't matter makes about as much sense as when brainwashed modern teachers and principals tell a student that it doesn't matter who hit first, he shouldn't have fought back to defend himself because it's still 'fighting'. When it actuality and according to natural law and common sense, ALL that matters is who hit first. And punishments shouldn't be doled out to people with a clean conscious.

They don’t publicize this process

Dec 26, 2018, 12:29 PM [ in reply to when has a B sample EVER exonerated ]

usually, you hear they are suspended AFTER the second sample comes back positive. Not sure why they announced it, other than to quell rumors. I thought the school tested the whole team before the trip, just in case.

Dec 26, 2018, 12:36 PM [ in reply to when has a B sample EVER exonerated ]

It happens with regular drug tests. The first sample goes through a less expensive (and less accurate, but prone to false positives more than false negatives) screening test. If it comes back positive, they put the second sample through a more expensive and more accurate test. Not clear if the NCAA follows that practice, but at the least the second sample will go through different instruments with different operators.

Dec 26, 2018, 10:22 AM

I'm going with the assume the worse and hope for the best approach, better to be prepared. The one thing that would still make me happy if he is out this week, that he would still be able to play in the National Title game if we make it. I think there is a pretty good chance we get him back for that at least.

Dec 26, 2018, 10:26 AM

Nope, I gotta go with he has played his last snaps as a Tiger. I just hope that he is allowed on the sideline to be a part of the team he was a huge piece of all season. I will dance a happy dance if he is allowed back but from past history of a failed test it is not hopeful at all.

Dec 26, 2018, 10:26 AM

Prepare for the worse and hope for the best. That way you’re prepared

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

It doesn't matter what WE assume - am confident, though.....

Dec 26, 2018, 10:34 AM

that Dabo most certainly is assuming Dex won't play so Dabo and the team can plan accordingly.

Like the saying goes, plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Not sure if serious

Dec 26, 2018, 10:42 AM

He’s currently suspended so...

I'm taking Dabo at his word.

Dec 26, 2018, 12:12 PM

He said the B screening wouldn't play into whether or not Dex played in the next game but did leave room for the final.

It's there in the film if you want to check my memory. If I misunderstood him please let me know. I'd love a bit of hope for Dex in the Cotton Bowl.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm taking Dabo at his word.

Dec 26, 2018, 12:17 PM

Could have swore the way things are reading, the B sample gives him a chance for the Cotton Bowl, but only that does. It's the appeal that won't affect the Cotton Bowl if the B comes back positive as well, but could leave hope for the Championship if we are still in it. That would depend on the speed of the appeal process.

Yes Let's not prepare the backup's to start in hope that

Dec 26, 2018, 1:16 PM

Santa and the Easter Bunny magically changes the test results.

Sound's like a solid game plan

am I the only one that thinks we should just play him?

Dec 26, 2018, 1:59 PM

The NCAA won't do #### about it. Let's sue them into the stone age like UNC did.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2018, 2:01 PM

Do they have results of the B test?

Dec 26, 2018, 2:15 PM

Problem is, the Clemson coaches don't seem to be very optimistic....IMO.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic