Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Truth About The Other Teams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 3,519

The Truth About The Other Teams

Oct 1, 2019, 3:55 PM

To save all of you guys the time I did some research today. I wanted to see exactly what the current resumes for all these teams that the media claims are better than Clemson.

Ohio State (5-0)
- Beat Florida Atlantic 45-21
- Beat Cincinnati 42-0
- Beat Indiana 51-10 - Indiana has beaten Ball State, Eastern Illinois, UConn, and lost to Mich State
- Beat Miami (OH)
- Huge enormous win over Nebraska 48-7 - Nebraska has beaten South Alabama, lost to Colorado, beaten Northern Illinois, and Illinois

Bama (5-0)
- Beat Duke 42-3
- Beat New Mexico State 62-10
- Beat the Coots - Coots did put up 459 yards of offense on Bama Defense
- Beat Southern Miss 49-7
- Beat Ole Miss 59-31 - Ole Miss lost to Memphis, beat Arkansas, beat Southeastern Louisiana, and lost to Cal - Ole Miss put up 476 yards of offense against Bama while Memphis held them to 173 yards of offense

Oklahoma (5-0)
- Beat Houston 49-31 - Houston has beaten Prairie View, lost to Wash State, and lost to Tulane
- Beat South Dakota 70-14
- Beat UCLA 48-14 - UCLA lost to Cincinnati, lost to San Diego State, beat Wash State, and lost to Arizona
- Beat Texas Tech 55-16 - TT has beaten Montana State, beat UTEP, and lost to Arizona

After reviewing the information that I compiled for you so you would not have to waste your time, what exactly is the media looking at to claim that these teams are so awesome?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Truth About The Other Teams

Oct 1, 2019, 4:01 PM

Huge enormous win comment about Nebraska was a joke by the way!!

Oct 1, 2019, 4:08 PM

So why did you leave out Auburn and LSU?
I thought we only needed to worry about eSECpn!

Answer --- None of them had to stop a 2 pt conversion to win

Oct 1, 2019, 4:13 PM

nm.

If the other teams had to, could they have stopped a 2pt.

Oct 1, 2019, 4:46 PM

conversion vs a decent team, that came to play their tails off? I don't think all above mentioned teams could have.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Answer --- None of them had to stop a 2 pt conversion to win

Oct 1, 2019, 4:59 PM [ in reply to Answer --- None of them had to stop a 2 pt conversion to win ]

There was still 1:00 on the clock - we would have won by 6 if UNC hadn’t gotten lucky and didn’t covert the 2 point conversion!

Oct 1, 2019, 4:19 PM

I still believe we'll beat anyone in the conference championship and throughout the championship phase .
Just an orange thought , but I think Clemson is the best team at the end .
I do see a lot of growth from our young players , and we have time and the schedule to put it all together by the end of November .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 1, 2019, 4:23 PM

An orange thought, ingenious! Do you have that copyrighted?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2019, 4:20 PM

Everyone has issues with early season play...some of it is football welfare...UNC Charlotte needed a payday...Clemson gave them one...We could still wind up at the end of the year with a few unbeaten teams and a host of unbeaten teams...Hope Clemson is unbeaten but we almost lost to App. States baby momma and who will say that a once beaten team that almost lost to UNC will get a spot with a potential host of one loss teams and an unbeaten or two! Maybe you've forgotten but Alabama is in...so the ROY bus folks are all playing for three spots...Wisconsin, Ohio State, Penn State, Auburn, LSU, Florida, Georgia, Oklahoma, Boise State, maybe one loss Texas, Notre Dame, and others...how is that going to play out...style points matter and we just thought we controlled our destiny until 1:14 on the clock at Carolina! The next two weeks of practice will tell the story!

Oct 1, 2019, 4:29 PM

I think the media just expected us to look as dominant against inferior competition as the other top teams. If the other top teams look as good as they have against weaker opponents then the #1 team in the country has to look just as good. We were doing OK until the last game but our offense hasn't looked anything like we did 8 months ago, with very few changes in personnel. Everyone expected the defense to struggle because of all of the people we had to replace and they have been a pleasant surprise.

If we respond as we have in the past, it will all work itself out in the end.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2019, 4:32 PM

So where is the truth about the other teams? You just listed schedule results and sprinkled in some transitive properties.

Well, their results are the truth.

Oct 1, 2019, 9:49 PM

As Bill Parcells once said, “You are what your record says you are.”

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Oct 1, 2019, 4:40 PM

Alabama - good enough to beat Ohio State in a playoff game but not good enough to beat Clemson.
Ohio State - good enough to win the Big Ten but not good enough to beat Alabama in the playoff.
Oklahoma - good enough to make the playoff but not good enough to beat Clemson.

Clemson's best win is against A&M...

Oct 1, 2019, 4:51 PM

which, IMO, is better than any of the wins by O310 State, Bama, or OU

The biggest difference is, those other teams are playing their first teams longer and the one-sided scores reflect it.

That said, I'm not justifying the performance against UNCheat. Clemson got out-played and out-coached in that game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Clemson's best win is against A&M...

Oct 1, 2019, 7:44 PM

BigCU, Clemson didn’t dominate that game the way these other teams are, and TAMU will have 5 Ls at seasons end and just needed the final minutes to hold off ARKANSAS!!!! How good are they?

I’m not saying the Tigers aren’t being undervalued a bit, but get real man. I love the way Tnet embraces TAMU at home as some huge win, but discredits all other opponents. I can assure you If Ohio States best win was A&M, and our was Nebraska on the road, y’all would be beating the drum for Nebraska. Just stop and enjoy the ride.

Oct 1, 2019, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Clemson's best win is against A&M... ]

Our starters have played more 4th quarter snaps this year than any of the teams listed above.

Oct 2, 2019, 8:03 AM

@clemson2003, agreed. Just looked. Bama and osu have cleared the bench in multiple games. Oklahoma has probably met starters in more.

Oct 1, 2019, 7:32 PM

1: why did you leave Clemson’s schedule off of your synopsis? Our schedule is just as terrible as the ones you listed.

2:The media is in love with those teams because they are purely dominating. Let’s look at some numbers and stats if you want to knock everyone else ranked around us.

I guess I Just need to remind myself that this isn’t a football forum, it’s a Clemson forum. It’s more biased than the main stream media. I suppose that’s fine if I always remind myself of it.

Go Tigers!

Oct 1, 2019, 7:52 PM

Those other "good" teams KILLED their competition. We have not. Our competition is generally on par with theirs, or maybe worse...we have to get better, and I know we will!

Oct 1, 2019, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Re: The Truth About The Other Teams ]

I can answer that for him,

1). Because our schedule has been analyzed (and bashed) continually since preseason. It is refreshing to bash someone else schedule for a change..

2) do stats through 5 games tell the story of a teams potential? (See Clemson 2018 through 5)

Clem schedule not good this year we all get it. Point is other teams schedule (outside of auburn) not all that great either through 5.

I am firm believer that we over analyze schedules early. For example did anyone entertain the possibility preseason that wake might be good?

Still early in the season where too many teams have not

Oct 1, 2019, 8:07 PM

really played enough like competition (i.e. Power 5 competition) to know who is a contender and who is a pretender.

One thing I thought about today is that UNC may end up being better than we know. There are only 18 undefeated teams in all of FBS football. All of UNC's losses have been to currently undefeated teams (i.e. 3 of those 18 undefeated teams). I don't know that any other team in FBS can make the claim at having played 3 undefeated teams right now.

At the end of the season we may find out that UNC is/was a pretty good football team that just happened to have a tougher schedule than anyone realized at the beginning of the season because no one in the national media is giving Wake Forest or Appalachian any credit. Time will tell....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Still early in the season where too many teams have not

Oct 1, 2019, 9:33 PM

Unc is a few plays from being undefeated themselves, and they have a host of injuries.

Before the game Mack Brown said “coaching makes the difference”, I’m pretty sure he was being sly and referencing unc trying to outcoach Clemson.

He’s a legit national championship coach that got to tour around all the schools with ESPN as a broadcaster and soak up tons of knowledge. People act like we lost to unc Charlotte.

This is a knee jerk reaction by the media. They would not move the consensus #1 team down after a win if they were named “Bama”. As a matter of fact, you could argue Bama should move down due to their lack of defense. 31 to Ole Miss who lost to Memphis? We gave up 20 , unc first TD clear holding in backfield allowed their WR to make a double move. Second td was a flukey play QB finds a guy and dumps it off as he’s getting hit. We extended their drives with penalties. We played our D game and they played their A game.

Anyone recall when Georgia Southern or the Citadel pushed Bama in recent years, did Bama drop?

It will work out in the end, this chain of events is exactly what Dabo and this team needs...

Replies: 21
| visibility 3,519
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic