Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson makes changes to student ticket process
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson makes changes to student ticket process

Oct 12, 2017, 7:13 PM

Clemson makes changes to student ticket process

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At least they are trying....

Oct 12, 2017, 7:25 PM

Seems like they created more steps in the process, instead of simplifying.

I'm an optimist though, so I'm hopeful we'll see change, especially through the use of the ticket return (even though I think Tuesday is too early in the week for a deadline).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson makes changes to student ticket process

Oct 12, 2017, 7:25 PM

Doesn't sound like they solved the no-show problem. If you don't show up, you shouldn't be able you'll get a ticket the next game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2017, 7:40 PM

Agree, does not really address no shows. How many students will take effort to return. They need to restrict future tickets if you don't show or return tickets. Maybe they should go back to charging a small fee to guarantee tickets to lower deck (like was proposed a couple of years ago).

Oct 12, 2017, 10:30 PM

Not a bad idea. That puts a little cost for not attending.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2017, 10:29 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson makes changes to student ticket process ]

Totally agree. Carrot and stick philosophy should put some teeth in getting the kids to show up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Charge them $20 to receive a ticket, and then

Oct 12, 2017, 11:12 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson makes changes to student ticket process ]

Refund the $20 when the ticket is used. With electronic scanning, the ticket office should know who is using their tickets and who is not. If the ticket isn't used, no refund and you're suspended from the process for one game. It won't keep them in their seats, but it might get them through the gate.

Oct 12, 2017, 7:31 PM

I'm not a student, but hope this change works for them. Tiger's need em.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2017, 7:37 PM

Things will not change until they allow general public on the hill again. Students just aren't going to come to/stay the entirity of games like Wake & BC. In years past the hill has been full for the most part during games vs teams like Wake & BC because of the general public. Students will leave early no matter what with games vs said teams. Just the truth.

Oct 12, 2017, 7:44 PM

Many students want to go but don't win the lottery. Approximately 30% who won tickets to Wake did not show at all.

Hate to mention the Coots, but they use a point system for who gets football tickets. Go to other sports like soccer, etc to get priority.

Oct 12, 2017, 7:55 PM

Just checked coot website. You don't show for game and you don't get any tickets rest of season

Oct 12, 2017, 7:55 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson makes changes to student ticket process ]

Yep. Hate to give them credit but their system seems to be better in some regards. I agree with those above as well. Don't show up and lose your privileges. They should also allow for returns all the way to Friday.

and apparently the coot students get extra points

Oct 16, 2017, 10:20 AM

for doing the dirty deed in parking lots before, during, and after the game. The more attention you bring to yourself the better. Video gets you a season worth of tickets.

not sure we should go that route...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These students today ain't what they used to be.

Oct 12, 2017, 8:16 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson makes changes to student ticket process ]

I've never left a Clemson game early. Not as an infant. Not as a toddler. Not as a kid. Not as a teenager. Not as a student. Not as an alumnus. And not as a husband and father. I don't care if Clemson's down or up by 40, I'm staying. This was instilled in me just after I finished potty training.

If you wake up Saturday morning too hung over to get down to the Valley, chug a couple of beers, and go. I'm afraid with top 20 academics, we are getting top 20 student football fans.

Just don't understand missing the opportunity for a game, much less an undefeated Tiger football team who is the defending national champion. I was a student in the 1990's and we sucked, at times. Still never missed a game or a play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: These students today ain't what they used to be.

Oct 12, 2017, 11:24 PM

With top 20 academics, comes more of the entitled mindset. And it’s the entitled ones that don’t show.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: These students today ain't what they used to be.

Oct 13, 2017, 11:03 AM

I think the changes are a step in the right direction and I appreciate that the Administration has heard and is attempting to resolve the issue. The crux of this matter is that via the lottery system the kids are having trouble getting tickets that allow them to get into the same gate or section where they can gather together. As has been stated by several over the past week, not many of us spoiled brat adults would go AND sit through every game if we could not sit with our spoiled brat family and friends! A lottery is just that, the kids get what they get and that means many who want to attend and sit together are dispersed to different gates and seating where it is impossible to reconvene. This is not conducive to enhancing the game day environment! THE HILL AND THE STUDENT SECTION ARE WHAT HELP MAKE "THE MOST EXCITING 25 SECONDS IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL" SO I HOPE THIS COMPLICATED ISSUE CAN BE FIGURED OUT TO KEEP THE HILL AND THE STUDENT SECTION FULL.

Oct 16, 2017, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson makes changes to student ticket process ]

When I was a kid I wanted to sit on the Hill. When I was a student I had no desire to sit on the Hill. The Hill needs to be for any and all fans who want to sit on the Hill.

This is tweak not a fix. If they ever decide to fix it, the

Oct 12, 2017, 7:50 PM

solution will upset some people like just about every real change does. The administration received enough negative feedback that they now have performed the obligatory token action.

Bingo***

Oct 12, 2017, 8:16 PM

Hey Mr no-show procrastinator, just remember!

Oct 12, 2017, 8:10 PM

to plan ahead and let everyone know that you're not going to use that ticket by TUESDAY at 5pm sharp!

Or else... we're gonna wag our fingers at you and hope you remember next time!

Yep. That's going to work just fine.

Re: Hey Mr no-show procrastinator, just remember!

Oct 12, 2017, 10:27 PM

Can't see what the motivation of a college aged kid would be to call the ticket office and say they can't use their ticket. There has to be some sort of accountability for students who get tickets, then choose not to come.

Hey Mr no-show procrastinator, just remember!

Oct 12, 2017, 8:10 PM

to plan ahead and let everyone know that you're not going to use that ticket by TUESDAY at 5pm sharp!

Or else... we're gonna wag our fingers at you and hope you remember next time!

Yep. That's going to work just fine.

They are still limiting access to the hill. Also who

Oct 12, 2017, 8:15 PM

schedules fall break with Georgia Tech coming to town. Did it ever dawn on anyone to schedule fall break the weekend the team is in upstate New York! Good grief.

Fall Break for Clemson is THIS weekend.***

Oct 12, 2017, 8:22 PM

Re: They are still limiting access to the hill. Also who

Oct 12, 2017, 11:27 PM [ in reply to They are still limiting access to the hill. Also who ]

The Hill is students only. It was an embarrassing showing. Not half full when their fellow classmates, TEAM, ran down The Hill. HORRIBLE

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2017, 8:48 PM

This is essentially the same system that was in place the last two seasons and that worked ok. So we should see an improvement. The need to police the hill is a little ridiculous though. It should be a general admission area, the hill isn't paved with gold.

Still don't understand why

Oct 12, 2017, 9:01 PM

Why the hill is only for students now. Back in the day it was first come for anybody with a lower deck ticket to stand there hence always being full. Why now only students when they already also have bleacher spots as well. So stupid.

Re: Still don't understand why

Oct 12, 2017, 9:16 PM

Large % of student tickets are on hill. It has been that way for several years. It is just now they only allow you on hill if you have a ticket for it.

Lawsuits......

Oct 12, 2017, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Still don't understand why ]

There have been several recently. When people get hurt today, they sue. Fewer people on the Hill = fewer people getting hurt = fewer lawsuits.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Talked to some Clemson students I saw dining out tonight.

Oct 12, 2017, 9:11 PM

Said that a lot of students have just decided now not to go to games. Can't get on Hill without a ticket. Can't sit with friends because the way they're doing tickets. And the process is one big fubar.

Never thought I'd see Clemson football in this shape with students.

Sad.

That's BS.

Oct 12, 2017, 9:20 PM

Spoiled brats not wanting to see the NATIONAL CHAMPIONS???

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's BS.

Oct 12, 2017, 9:58 PM

Believe it or not, not everyone loves football that much ????? If I only went to games for the social aspect and the new system made sitting with friends a pain in the ### I'd be less inclined to go too.

Also, find the 'spoiled brats' comments hilarious... Who spoiled them exactly???

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not being able to sit with your friends is the deal breaker

Oct 12, 2017, 11:13 PM [ in reply to Talked to some Clemson students I saw dining out tonight. ]

for me. If that was the case back in the day I wouldn't have bothered.

It would be like if IPTAY just gave out random tickets to season ticket holders and you didn't get to sit with your family/friends. I wouldn't do it nor would anyone else. Why do we expect the students to?

Admin needs to step up and really fix this thing. Their little tweaks don't fix the real problem.

Re: Not being able to sit with your friends is the deal breaker

Oct 13, 2017, 9:56 AM

I would expect the students to because they get free tickets, Iptay members pay dues and then buy tickets, so your analogy doesn't work.

Re: Not being able to sit with your friends is the deal breaker

Oct 13, 2017, 3:58 PM

I was a student in the early 80's and we never really worried about getting tickets together. There was always room to shuffle someone in in the student section. And besides we are all one Clemson family so as long as I was sitting next to a tiger fan I was with friends!

Re: Talked to some Clemson students I saw dining out tonight.

Oct 13, 2017, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Talked to some Clemson students I saw dining out tonight. ]

I did not know the old system was broken and needed to be replaced by new rules for this season-can anyone tell me what was wrong with the old system?

Re: Talked to some Clemson students I saw dining out tonight.

Oct 16, 2017, 10:07 AM

The new regime had to show how important they are by fixing something that wasn't broke.

hill access for kids and others not students

Oct 12, 2017, 10:01 PM

so is there any way for someone that has a lower deck ticket to take a kid to the hill like in the old days or it it just for students now?

Re: hill access for kids and others not students

Oct 12, 2017, 10:15 PM

There certainly should be but my understanding is that is no longer allowed. That should definitely be changed.

Oh my kids are dying to sit on the Hill

Oct 12, 2017, 10:24 PM [ in reply to hill access for kids and others not students ]

But apparently if they do they WILL get trampled to death or stuck unable to move as a fire chases down humans in some kind of weird fire revenge plot....

Re: hill access for kids and others not students

Oct 12, 2017, 10:58 PM [ in reply to hill access for kids and others not students ]

years ago, my husband and I had season tickets with excellent seats. Our son was about 4 yrs old and wanted to go to game. We took him to a game and opted to sit on the hill with him. I figured that would give him more freedom to move around without being stuck in a seat and not being able to see over the people in front of us. We also wanted to see if he had interest enough to attend a complete game. It worked out perfect. And we did find out that he enjoyed every minute of festivities and the game.
The next year we got him a season ticket.

Oct 12, 2017, 10:39 PM

Grad students get tickets before seniors?

Oct 12, 2017, 11:19 PM

Hopefully it fixes the students attendance problem.... I’m skeptical.

They don’t wat to stand in line to get tickets.... yet the students that really want to attend... would like the opportunity

We’re still the only P5 school that gives students free

Oct 12, 2017, 11:30 PM

tickets right? I don’t remember everyone b*tchin like this when I was a student waiting for hours at littlejohn to pick up my student tickets. Some days it was even cold and I had to walk through the snow up hill both ways.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How unbelievably stupid is it to even be having this conversation?

Oct 12, 2017, 11:45 PM

I would have loved to have had a team/run like this when I was at Clemson. Who does this make sense to?

Why not just have students show their

Oct 13, 2017, 2:06 AM

Student ID for admission....that would simplify things. I don't think there would be an over flow of students (only 1500 are coming as is)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Especially to the hill. There should never be a problem

Oct 13, 2017, 9:18 AM

filling it, and the fact that there is indicates overthinking the matter.

Re: Why not just have students show their

Oct 16, 2017, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Why not just have students show their ]

I like this idea. First 10,000 students to swipe ID get in the game. Would fill early and often. Start it over for the second half!

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

Oct 13, 2017, 11:05 AM

There still needs to be a penalty for getting tickets and not using them

I think this whole process really ignores that Football is a

Oct 13, 2017, 1:18 PM

huge social event for everyone including students. How many of you would attend games if you showed up and found out you couldn't sit with your brother or your wife.

I can't imagine many girls going to games just to watch football.

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic