Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Baseball Update: Photo: Rendering of new building at Doug Kingsmore
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Baseball Update: Photo: Rendering of new building at Doug Kingsmore

Oct 31, 2013, 3:58 PM

Photo: Rendering of new building at Doug Kingsmore

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All right, I know it isn't about me, but

Oct 31, 2013, 4:19 PM

I do not like the shape of the artificial turf around home plate nor the lack of dirt between the plate and first/third.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

The new field has dirt base paths

Oct 31, 2013, 4:22 PM

null

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Good - those architects and their fancy-smancy

Oct 31, 2013, 4:26 PM

rendering software forget the important stuff. :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: renering is such an odd word for that

Oct 31, 2013, 5:03 PM

and also for a rendering plant. no wonder those learning english get confused

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: rendering is such an odd word for that***

Oct 31, 2013, 5:23 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All right, I know it isn't about me, but- aww come on

Oct 31, 2013, 4:51 PM [ in reply to All right, I know it isn't about me, but ]

sure it is. it is all about everyone on here. we are all special . ;)

There are dirt basepaths...

Oct 31, 2013, 8:03 PM [ in reply to All right, I know it isn't about me, but ]

but I liked the look of the grass. It set Doug Kingsmore Stadium apart, along with the slope in the outfield.

The slope in the outfield has to stay. I like the uniqueness***

Nov 1, 2013, 11:16 AM

Re: The slope in the outfield has to stay. I like the uniqueness***

Nov 1, 2013, 7:15 PM

Hate it. I'm old school.

Agree 100%*****

Nov 1, 2013, 12:30 PM [ in reply to There are dirt basepaths... ]

Re: All right, I know it isn't about me, but

Nov 1, 2013, 4:33 AM [ in reply to All right, I know it isn't about me, but ]

I bet they had to buy a new Dirt Devil vacuum to remove a little dirt off the turf around home plate.;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It does not appear to blend in with rest of the stadium.***

Oct 31, 2013, 8:35 PM

Eventually they will have to demolish and rebuild like LJ...

Nov 2, 2013, 12:24 AM

Each new addition is starting to look like a Bandaid.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think I like the initial drawings better

Nov 1, 2013, 9:18 AM

They were more integrated with the stadium and even made it look like luxury boxes. But this does look like it gives more standing room space down the lines. That area down the line from the dugout is currently wasted.

Sticks out like a sore thumb

Nov 1, 2013, 11:11 AM

Isn't Clemson supposed to have a pretty good architecture program? Can't we get someone to design something a little more aesthetically pleasing?

Re: Sticks out like a sore thumb

Nov 1, 2013, 10:47 PM

I graduated from the college of architecture. Although the college of architecture has a good reputation, it is not exempt from politics. My guess is Barker, Radakovich and/or the BOT make the decisions on the designs you see for the athletic department additions.

Having said that, I wouldn't pass judgement on the entire college, it's alum. or current students based on the designs you see presented for the athletic department. They are simply the ideas that were selected by whomever is in the position to make the final decisions. That doesn't mean there weren't 10 other designs presented that you might like more...

For what it's worth, I think they should relocate the baseball stadium on the west side of Lake Hartwell so students can float in the lake and catch HRs like they do at Candlestick park in San Francisco. Although it would be expensive, it would give Clemson baseball a unique venue and the students a unique opportunity.

I think the hill gives the football program and fans a unique venue. Finding ways to provide unique traditions for the other athletic programs is in everyone's best interest. (even if it happens to be the more expensive option)

Nov 1, 2013, 11:15 PM

Relocating the basketball & baseball operations to the west side of Lake Hartwell could do a number of positive things for Clemson IMO.

1. It would make the lake a much more integral part of the Clemson University campus.

2. It would expand the operating footprint of the campus.

3. It would give the football program more room to work with.

4. It would allow the football program to renovate Littlejohn into an even better indoor practice facility. (plus other operations)

5. It would allow the basketball program to design their own facility with the college of architecture. (rather than continually trying to renovate Littlejohn into something it isn't - and may never become)

6. It would create a number of jobs.

7. It might create an athletic facilities studio for the college of architecture. (which would be a unique specialization)

Nov 1, 2013, 11:21 PM

They could also implement some green energy initiatives into a new basketball arena (solar, etc.) that would reduce operating costs. (much like they did with the additions to Lee Hall - the architecture building)

Re: Baseball Update: Photo: Rendering of new building at Doug Kingsmore

Nov 1, 2013, 9:28 PM

looks great

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic