Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stevo threw the clawn under the bus
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Stevo threw the clawn under the bus

Feb 20, 2014, 9:21 AM

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24448273/nfl-draft-clowney-work-ethic-ok-per-ball-coach?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Re: Stevo threw the clawn under the bus

Feb 20, 2014, 9:45 AM

Wow. Threw him under the bus? Comparing him to Julius Peppers and saying he has explosiveness that no other player has. Saying that he led his HS team to state title and that his college team won 33 games in 3 years and that offenses always had 2-3 players with their eyes on blocking him. That is throwing him uner the bus. Saying that he will make a good pro, that is throwing him under the bus?

He did say he has room to get stronger and that his work ethic was ok, not like Lattimore's or Melvin Ingram's but ok. That he was going to be a great pro, that is throwing him uner the bus?

So when Dabo said Nuke wasn't ready for the NFL that was??? I tell you, that was much worse than anything Spurrier said about Clowney.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bwaaak....bwaaaak...bwak.bwak.bwak....BWWWWWAAAAK***

Feb 20, 2014, 10:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bwaaak....bwaaaak...bwak.bwak.bwak....BWWWWWAAAAK***

Feb 20, 2014, 11:09 AM

Chickens have to stay busy or they start pecking each other.

You're polluting a great story with facts

Feb 20, 2014, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Stevo threw the clawn under the bus ]

And no one's work ethic is better than Lattimores. At least none that have ever worn a Carolina jersey.

Re: You're polluting a great story with facts

Feb 20, 2014, 10:12 AM

"He was OK," Spurrier said on NFL Network, the implication being that Clowney didn't exactly wear out the alarm clock or tax the hinges on the weight-room door. "It wasn’t like Marcus Lattimore, you know, every player is a little different. His work habits are pretty good, they’re not quite like Lattimore, a Stephon Gilmore, Melvin Ingram, some of those guys"

Re: You're polluting a great story with facts

Feb 20, 2014, 10:53 AM [ in reply to You're polluting a great story with facts ]

There may not be any Coots or formaCoots who have better work ethic than Lattimore , but all of them have better knees.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

seriously coot!!! No wonder you guys are messed up and need

Feb 20, 2014, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Stevo threw the clawn under the bus ]

to get off the stuff you inhaling and to get off our site.

What Steve said in so many words that the clawn is great talent but a slacker and lacks motivation. To me and as an NFL scout, I'll have serious considerations to select him.

"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Link to where Dabo said Nuk wasn't ready?***

Feb 20, 2014, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Stevo threw the clawn under the bus ]

Clemson

Dabo never said Nuk not NFL ready but instead said

Feb 20, 2014, 10:55 AM

that any player should not leave if they are not first rounders.

"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

You're polluting a great story with facts***

Feb 20, 2014, 10:55 AM

Clemson

Re: Dabo never said Nuk not NFL ready but instead said

Feb 20, 2014, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Dabo never said Nuk not NFL ready but instead said ]

Pay no attention to the scratch fed Coot masters. They are trying to figure out how to cut the laptop on and talking confuses them.

Re: Link to where Dabo said Nuk wasn't ready?***

Feb 20, 2014, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Link to where Dabo said Nuk wasn't ready?*** ]

You just confused the Coot Master again. He's scratching his head saying "Link?"

Steve finally admitting that clown is overrated***

Feb 20, 2014, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Stevo threw the clawn under the bus ]

Feb 20, 2014, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Stevo threw the clawn under the bus ]

YOU TELL'EM COOT!

Re: Re: Stevo threw the clawn under the bus

Feb 20, 2014, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Stevo threw the clawn under the bus ]

Tell 'em ####!!!!

Chickens are inbred and fowl....*

Feb 20, 2014, 10:49 AM

nm

Yeah Spurless is just saying what weve been saying all along

Feb 20, 2014, 10:52 AM

nothing new

I predict a "bust"

Feb 20, 2014, 10:59 AM

on the Ryan Leaf scale. He will not change his poor attitudes and lazy , predilection for slackness. This guy is going to get paid a ton up front , then get dominated by huge athletic o-linemen that back down from no one and he will fold and give up . His "injury bug " will surface first ...then the same lame ### excuses they fronted him with the entire season passed...he hurt -he toe sore-he gettin five-tupple-teamed , his car ain't fast enough to the Dead Roach...
Mark it down , Jadav-a-Clown will be out of the league in 4 yrs and broke before 2020.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: I predict a "bust"

Feb 20, 2014, 11:08 AM

Amen and Amen. ONE HIT WONDER on a grand scale.

Feb 20, 2014, 11:13 AM

I'm not sure that's throwing the player under the bus. I know Spurrier isn't popular here (I like him a lot depsite him being our rival's coach), but no one can deny he isn't a candid guy. He answers questions honestly for the most part.

What he said is no different than what NFL people and media people have been saying all along. Extremely talented player, questionable work ethic. It's going to be interesting to see if he can push it to the next level mentally, but we'll see.

I could see him being an all-time great Defensive End if he gets his act together. But if he doesn't, I could see him being similar to Albert Haynesworth in the sense that he'll be a dominant, next-level player until he gets a giant paycheck and then decides to take it easy.

So do you think it is ok for the coach to point out his

Feb 20, 2014, 11:22 AM

weakness?

What you said I agree with you that he is a great talent and his motivation will take him as far as he wants to go. However, give me a break and a coach should not publicly be questioning his work ethics. It is like going to an interview for a job, would you say anything negative about yourself? So why his coach would even "HINT" about negativity with his star player?

"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Re: So do you think it is ok for the coach to point out his

Feb 20, 2014, 12:30 PM

I think it's fine in this situation because it's something already knew about and was questioning. He said he has OK work ethic...he wasn't saying anything that bad. He was asked to evaluate Clowney and he did that.

If he had come out and said "welp, Jadaveon likes to smoke pot and often skips team meetings", then I'd definitely raise an eyebrow and wonder if that's something the coach should be saying for his star player...but this is just repeating public info.

Probably will be a bust, but the important thing

Feb 20, 2014, 2:02 PM

in Spurrier's statement is that "when the ball is snapped he’s got something no one else has." When it comes to the draft (not whether or not he will actually pan out in the NFL) this is what's important. They draft on potential, thinking they can fix his work ethic. He has the potential to be as good as anyone if he works hard. Although I don't think that will happen.

I mostly agree with that. I think a paycheck can change

Feb 20, 2014, 2:10 PM

someone for the better or worse in their job. He could go big finally doing what he likes, is good at, and get paid for. He could slack off if his work habits don't improve and cruise.

The other side is he finds it a lot harder in the pros as most rookies do. The linemen aren't 21/22 years old now, they're much bigger and stronger. He may get frustrated and not find it as fun. Or he could take it as a challenge and improve a lot since he sees he can't just use raw talent alone.

Or he finds he has lot of help on his line and he's almost never double teamed, and blows by everyone.

What Spurrier said was all true, it's just strange the coach didn't try to help his star player somewhat. Coaches usually want their athletes to succeed, as it's a reflection on their coaching. SOS couldn't pump up Clowney's work ethic...why? Spoiled from Lattimore and co.? Didn't care since he produced enough during games? Only he knows

Clemson

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic