Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stay classy d-rad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 73
| visibility 1

Stay classy d-rad

Jun 7, 2015, 2:17 PM
image.jpg(174.6 K)

Radakovich getting called out. If there is any truth to it he is a total clown. If not, there is a concerted effort to hinder out next hire underway.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

In a lot of person's opinions it's the classlessness of post

Jun 7, 2015, 2:22 PM

-ers on TigerNet with regards to the quality of Jack Leggett's coaching abilities that led Dan to such actions.

It sounds to me as if you're bitter he has the job you desire.

I don't blame you but if you're truly a Clemson man I recommend that you refrain from referring to your AD as a total clown; after all, recruits and potential future students read this forum.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In a lot of person's opinions it's the classlessness of post

Jun 7, 2015, 2:24 PM

So I guess you don't believe in discipline? DRad is bad for Clemson and the sooner that is accepted and we move forward the better. Wasn't that precisely your logic in bashing Leggett for years?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

You're a moran; Dan's from Pittsburgh.

Jun 7, 2015, 2:33 PM

If anybody has a problem w/ Dan, yinz should know better.

/ENDTHREAD.

Re: You're a moran; Dan's from Pittsburgh.

Jun 7, 2015, 2:36 PM

Dans lies got GT on probation. Now he's on record as a liar at Clemson. Fool me once yada yada. Keep whistling past the Graveyard. If Leggett was bad for baseball this as*hat is bad for everything.

Message was edited by: viztiz®

Leggett's teams were getting worse every year;

Jun 7, 2015, 2:41 PM

you're only fooling yourself at this point.

Re: Leggett's teams were getting worse every year;

Jun 7, 2015, 2:43 PM

What does that have to do with anything. You don't lie to the media and you don't lie to a 24 year veteran of your program. He could have been let go in a manner that had any dignity to it. To say anything other than I hope this isn't true is to simply be on the wrong side and condoning despicable behavior.

I fail to see how he was let go with no dignity; however, I

Jun 7, 2015, 3:06 PM

understand how you feel about believing that Dan is too arrogant.

I almost feel that way about Dabo sometimes; it's easy to get over that feeling, however, when he beats the teams he's supposed to beat.

To reiterate my previous post, Jack's winning percentage was continuing to decline on a yearly basis & if he didn't want to get fired he should have made the move to retire.

Jack knew he was getting the axe; it was only a matter of time.

Dan didn't appear any more arrogant than Jack***

Jun 7, 2015, 3:31 PM

Re: I fail to see how he was let go with no dignity; however, I

Jun 7, 2015, 4:26 PM [ in reply to I fail to see how he was let go with no dignity; however, I ]

> understand how you feel about believing that Dan is
> too arrogant.
>
> I almost feel that way about Dabo sometimes; it's
> easy to get over that feeling, however, when he beats
> the teams he's supposed to beat.
>
> To reiterate my previous post, Jack's winning
> percentage was continuing to decline on a yearly
> basis & if he didn't want to get fired he should have
> made the move to retire.
>
> Jack knew he was getting the axe; it was only a
> matter of time.

Not only was he let go in a "dumb way", he had already screwed up the whole deal a year ago when he violated the most basic of basic rules of management a year ealier. You NEVER discuss the details of a personnel performance review publicly , and certainly not to a reporter. It is ludicrous for anyone to believe that DRad doesn't know that. Then to basically lie about it , makes him look weak. For all you that think I am some super JL supporter , forget it. I was never a huge fan of him personally , we just believe in different things. He earned his stripes at Clemson and DRad made a series of mistakes in handling the program starting last year. I guess all of you that slammed me in the other thread, think FITTs is lying , do try to harm DRad? right ...get real

DRad needs to pull a rabbit out of his hat and make a good hire here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I fail to see how he was let go with no dignity; however, I

Jun 7, 2015, 4:47 PM

Just to be clear, this isn't Fitts news (someone else said that in another thread) - this is a Aaron Fitts of D1 Baseball.com.

Re: He is college baseball's R Limbaugh.***

Jun 7, 2015, 5:39 PM

I may have missed it?

Jun 7, 2015, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Re: I fail to see how he was let go with no dignity; however, I ]

Can you update?

1) How was Jack let go in a "dumb way"? How would you suggest to handle it?

2) What "details" of a personnel performance review did DRad publicly disclose? If saying Jack needed to do better, then I'm all for it. By the same token, some folks would be pissed off he he said everything was fine as-is. It clearly wasn't for a while. Jack was given a second chance to do it on his terms, and it got worse this year.

Re: I may have missed it?

Jun 7, 2015, 8:56 PM

> Can you update?
>
> 1) How was Jack let go in a "dumb way"? How would you
> suggest to handle it?

Not going to regurgitate it all again, if you haven't gotten by now you wont get it.

>
> 2) What "details" of a personnel performance review
> did DRad publicly disclose? If saying Jack needed to
> do better, then I'm all for it. By the same token,
> some folks would be pissed off he he said everything
> was fine as-is. It clearly wasn't for a while. Jack
> was given a second chance to do it on his terms, and
> it got worse this year.

Drad went into details about Jack needed to use shrinks to try and improve the performance of his team , and told him to go out and learn something from other schools.... NO PLACE for the details of a personnel performance review to be shared with a reporter. A simple we expect more and Jack has a plan to fix it.

He went out of his way to embarrass Jack and "if" you believe Fitts he did not shoot straight with Jack as recently as Tuesday before the Thursday that he fired him. Jack took the high road , DRad took the sleeze road. Just my opinion, and I am dang well entitled to it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So in other words you don't know.

Jun 7, 2015, 10:49 PM

Noted. Thanks.

Re: So in other words you don't know.

Jun 7, 2015, 10:59 PM

for you, stanley

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My God man

Jun 7, 2015, 11:07 PM

Do you eat or sleep? I saw yesterday where you logged on at 7:30 in the morning and were still typing away insulting everyone around 9:00 at night. Seems to be the case everyday. Are you a retired guy or just out of work?

By the way, thanks for the link. It was informative, but I see absolutely nothing wrong with anything laid out by DRad. Seems very reasonable and spot on to me. Did Jack adhere to any of that?

i'll let you two work out how far you're afield of the

Jun 7, 2015, 11:12 PM

original point; i provided the information requested, cause i'm here to help.

oh, and goodbye again, stanley.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dood, has anyone here actually met you in person?

Jun 7, 2015, 11:35 PM

I wonder if you exhibit the same behavior you do here? I doubt it. I bet you're actually timid and introverted in REAL LIFE. For the life of me and lots of others here, it makes zero sense how you're allowed to act like an immature teenager here all day, everyday. 16 hours a day at least, without logging off. That's nuts dood! I mean come on, why do you do this? Is your self-esteem really that low?? Please be assured I'm not trying to incite your hyper-sensitivity. I'm not here to initiate one of your tantrums and degrade an otherwise interesting thread. Rest assured I am not intentionally trying to challenge your internet bravado, okay tough guy? You are obviously barking up that tree again, as you do dozens of times each day. Please stop already. It's way past old. I've done nothing wrong. Nothing. Please don't make things up that aren't there.

But in any case, I simply wanted to point out that DRad did nothing wrong in the way he handled Jack neither last year nor this year. Jack was given several suggestions last year, refused all of them, and had an even worse season this year. He didn't handle it in a "dumb way" at all. That's the point here.

Please try to be less sensitive. Please?

how many is this now stanley? i mean, really...

Jun 7, 2015, 11:49 PM

how many users have you had deleted by the mods?

come on, do you have a ballpark figure or maybe you'll choose to play defense... again?

that went as well as all your deleted users. you should get that looked into, seriously.

Re: Leggett's teams were getting worse every year;

Jun 7, 2015, 5:56 PM [ in reply to Leggett's teams were getting worse every year; ]

they sure were.. and the careless little league mistakes( or worse than little league)were sucking the life out of our once PROUD PROGRAM!!it HAD to stop!when U lose by the other team just playing better or hitting better or fielding better that can be accepted.. but absolutely unacceptable baserunning mistakes over and over simply had to go!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What are you even talking about?***

Jun 7, 2015, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: In a lot of person's opinions it's the classlessness of post ]

Re: In a lot of person's opinions it's the classlessness of post

Jun 7, 2015, 2:36 PM [ in reply to In a lot of person's opinions it's the classlessness of post ]

Do you know anything about D Rad? He is classless in so many ways

If you're worried about recruits reading this board....

Jun 7, 2015, 5:47 PM [ in reply to In a lot of person's opinions it's the classlessness of post ]

you should cut out your childishness, that you and your fellow troll clique dish out on a daily basis.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you're worried about recruits reading this board....

Jun 7, 2015, 9:28 PM

lol @ you calling anyone a troll.

null

My experience is that Fitt is not a gossip guy

Jun 7, 2015, 2:22 PM

So if he is saying something like this his sources must be pretty good. He is also gives Clemson baseball a lot of credit. No doubt he is a big fan of JL but I have never seen it affect what he writes. No reason to not believe him.

Re: My experience is that Fitt is not a gossip guy

Jun 7, 2015, 2:26 PM

No he is not. Which is why I qualified it that someone significant enough to be deemed credible by Fitt might be stretching the truth for retribution. Either way, it is going to be very bad for our search. Loyalty to Leggett will play a distant second to completely distrusting an AD.

Posting unsubstantiated comments on Twitter ...

Jun 7, 2015, 5:46 PM [ in reply to My experience is that Fitt is not a gossip guy ]

... does not make me think someone is "not a gossip guy".

To me it establishes the exact opposite.

Hope it's not true, writer is a New England native

Jun 7, 2015, 2:26 PM

He could have an ax to grind.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Hope it's not true, writer is a New England native

Jun 7, 2015, 2:28 PM

Fitt is pretty much the premier national writer of college baseball because he's pretty much the only full time national writer of college baseball. His reputation is very good and very significant within the industry. He could be being misled but it would be by someone of significance.

If true, it's very troubling***

Jun 7, 2015, 2:43 PM

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

He's a pro. No axe to grind. Fan of Tigers AND Leggett

Jun 7, 2015, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Hope it's not true, writer is a New England native ]

So some might think he wants to swipe at DRad for firing JL but I don't see it. He's got a long reputation for being fair. He's not going to kill that.

And you have a quote from New England native in your sig...

Jun 7, 2015, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Hope it's not true, writer is a New England native ]

So if you have dislike New Englanders so much, why do you have a quote from one of the most famous New England political philosophers as your sig?

Dislike New Englanders?

Jun 7, 2015, 11:01 PM

I happened to notice that the said writer was from New England, as is Jack, and speculated that he might have a loyalty to him. It wasn't even a positive statement, and certainly had nothing to do with everyone who is from, or lives in, New England. As you pointed out, I have a Thoreau quote in my signature, which should have been a clue.

--Henry David Thoreau

This makes some thing I heard very troubling

Jun 7, 2015, 2:33 PM

mostly because I did not understand it when it was said but if Fitt's source are reliable, which I have every reason to expect, then things are falling into a more likely scenario

What?

Jun 7, 2015, 2:35 PM

What is this "more likely scenario" you are talking about? Maybe you meant to be cryptic.

Re: What?

Jun 7, 2015, 2:39 PM

I did because I can not say where it came from at this time. If and when the story becomes more clear I will do that.

Re: Stay classy d-rad

Jun 7, 2015, 2:41 PM

Let's also keep in mind that the entire college baseball world will be descending on a single location in a few days. This will be THE single biggest story other than the games themselves.

I seriously doubt it***

Jun 7, 2015, 2:54 PM

Re: I seriously doubt it***

Jun 8, 2015, 7:42 AM

You can doubt all you want but if you don't think they'll be talking leggett just watch.

Absolutely will.....already dominating Super Regionals****

Jun 7, 2015, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Stay classy d-rad ]

Jun 7, 2015, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Stay classy d-rad ]

lol

null

Jun 7, 2015, 4:32 PM

You "experts" on here talking in your cryptic language really makes me laugh. You people in the know seem to love him..and that's fine. Funny thing is...my people in the know can't stand him...and judging by who that is...I ll stick with my pe

Jun 7, 2015, 4:32 PM

People in the know

Who?

Jun 7, 2015, 4:41 PM

Who are your "people in the know"? I'm calling BS unless you have some substance. Note: The guy at the coffee maker who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy, he's not a person in the know.

Re: Who?

Jun 7, 2015, 4:43 PM

His people "in the know" has no influence. That tells me all I need to know.

He's been given the chance to add substance.

Jun 7, 2015, 4:53 PM

But he seems to have gone awfully quiet.

Re: He's been given the chance to add substance.

Jun 7, 2015, 5:13 PM

He posted awhile back that he was signing off due to the tone of the discussion around here.

Jun 7, 2015, 5:54 PM [ in reply to He's been given the chance to add substance. ]

Here I am smarta$$..and you guys aren't the sharpest tools in the shed if you didn't catch the irony of my post. You baseball heavy weights carry on...us people that don't know anyone with any influence will just watch in awe

Jun 7, 2015, 5:56 PM

Sorry, I thought they were taking about clemfan

Jun 7, 2015, 9:30 PM

I have been informed about who Clemfan actually is... gmafb

null

Ex-pitcher's father..***

Jun 7, 2015, 10:51 PM

Jun 8, 2015, 7:44 AM [ in reply to Re: He's been given the chance to add substance. ]

Don't stop now Clemfan is waiting

Message was edited by: armsb®

I'm not sure how questioning the things YOU typed makes me

Jun 7, 2015, 11:11 PM [ in reply to Re: He's been given the chance to add substance. ]

a smart ###, but I notice how you added zero substance. Thanks man.

Jun 7, 2015, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Stay classy d-rad ]

> You "experts" on here talking in your cryptic
> language really makes me laugh. You people in the
> know seem to love him..and that's fine. Funny thing
> is...my people in the know can't stand him...and
> judging by who that is...I ll stick with my pe

I'm assuming the people youre sticking by didn't bring the guy to Clemson since they can't stand him? Maybe those people don't know as much as you think.

Sounds pretty speculative and is irresponsible reporting.

Jun 7, 2015, 4:37 PM

"I hear" is not a good source. At least state the basics of the source.

There was a time in reporting when things wouldn't get put in print unless they were supported by fully confirmed facts. Now with basically live media outlets 24/7, it's okay to put speculation out there and let the masses run with it. And man oh man do they ever..

Re: Sounds pretty speculative and is irresponsible reporting.

Jun 7, 2015, 4:53 PM

You couldn't possibly mean that people jump to conclusions and run with them exactly like you are about this particular reporter.

Jun 7, 2015, 4:40 PM

STOOOOOPPPPPP!!!! please just stop!!!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2015, 4:54 PM

Stop what exactly?

Jun 7, 2015, 4:58 PM

the drama and enuendo.

Jun 7, 2015, 5:05 PM

what innuendo? Otherwise I've simply been discussing my take on the situation which has evolved as it becomes apparent it was handled extremely poorly. That handling is going to effect the outcome of the search. This is a message board for Clemson sports related topics and this is a Clemson sports related topic. Sorry if I'm somehow negatively affecting you. I have been a regular user of these forums for years and rarely gotten this involved in any topic. But my post total is still lower than what some people throw up on these boards in a week of memes and bad jokes. I use the ignore feature when people break my threshold for tolerance but I am sorry if I've put you there.

Jun 7, 2015, 5:33 PM

I am just saying that we should let the man do his job and make his hire, then we can judge. I could care less what outsiders think.

Jun 7, 2015, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Stay classy d-rad ]

That is waht Vivitz has done on the baord since the decision was made.

Spam a bunch of cry baby drama...

null

this is dumb ...

Jun 7, 2015, 5:22 PM

Yea was prob under the assumption he would be retained if he changed or got rid of assistance but he was too hard headed...what's so hard to understand here...it happens and had happened to a lot of great coaches...this was coming and if it were a year or two it's diff but I believe jack did nothing to help himself and kind of dared d rad to do something and he did...this program has been on a steady decline and rad was gonna keep him and let him rode off in the sunset but he couldn't...jack have him no choice it was this or extend the contract which how the h3ll would that have gone over...he woukd have had to for recruiting ...

Jun 7, 2015, 5:35 PM

Bull. Those I know with 1st hand knowledge of the situation told me Tues that Pep had to be let go. When JL refused he was given chance to step down. JL came in Thurs and refused to resign /retire. So DRAD made the decision for him.

if pep's contract is up at the end of the month, the

Jun 7, 2015, 5:43 PM

university was under no obligation to extend him.

if they wanted him fired then why wasn't it done? someone's bsing you.

FITT is not classy. Just a trash rag.***

Jun 7, 2015, 8:59 PM

Re: FITT is not classy. Just a trash rag.***

Jun 7, 2015, 9:03 PM

wrong Fitts friend... these tweets are from one of the most followed of all College Baseball news

AARON FITTS IS NOT RELATED TO FITSNEWS!!!!!

Jun 7, 2015, 9:03 PM [ in reply to FITT is not classy. Just a trash rag.*** ]

Uggh. He's a full time, national collegiate baseball sportswriter.

Jun 7, 2015, 11:17 PM

How could a firing of a 24 year HOF coach not be met without any controversy from those inside the industry?

The FSU fans aren't missing Bobby Bowden. I can assure you. Stay the course TIger baseball fans.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2015, 11:37 PM

I've seen the comparisons to FSU more than a few times and I get it. But here's what I don't understand. Most on here go out of their way to pat our collective selves on the back for the way Dabo conducts business. "We do things the right way." "We're a family." "Dabo would never have put up with Jameis Winston." We're okay with because Clemson is supposed to be special. Once again, we believe Clemson does the right thing. But here, if the reports are true, things clearly were not done the right way. I'm not saying we couldn't have parted ways with Jack. But it should have been handled better than this. At best this has been handled in a grossly unprofessional manner by someone who is compensated to be the pinnacle of professional. Someone with a history now of some bad judgements calls. At worst, he became vindicative and deliberately acted in manner that has led to this embarrassment. This isn't about firing Jack Leggett. It's about understanding that no matter how angry a certain segment of the fanbase was towards Jack - he is a beloved figure within the baseball community. Firing Jack was going to be a tough sell to a number of people in that community no matter what. You don't publicly humiliate a person of Jacks standing and then turn around and ask the people that respect and admire him - "who's next."

I get it. I stopped liking the Cowboys when Landry was

Jun 7, 2015, 11:49 PM

let go the way he was. No matter how it was done it was going to be messy. This was my point. Jack had his time and DRad was right about one thing...we had plateaued under him.

It was time for a change and no matter what this fact remains. All we can do now is move on at this point and hope for the best like we do after any coaching change.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like a disgruntled former employee

Jun 8, 2015, 7:46 AM

Fitt's source's must but Jack and TCI .On TI ,wasn't poll about 97% that thought it was the right move ?

Jun 8, 2015, 7:54 AM

Good lowered at all of these detailed posts about D-Rad firing Jack. Geez - has any of you ever fired anyone???? I've had to fire several people in my life and there is NO good way to ever do it. Some of you pretend this is a game on Xbox or something with how the firing should have happened. Jack needed to be fired since he obviously was not going to retire gracefully. Jack was indeed fired - deal with it. D-Rad and the BOT and Prez made the correct decision. Good grief - this is big business paying a lot of money. More money than most of us ever achieves in our lifetime. If you all think it can be handled completely without someone's feelings being hurt, then you can continue to berate his firing. And the Fitt guy is a joke. To me he is just a blip on the radar and is of no significance in this whole process.

That being said - I still stick to what CLEMSON will end up with as the new HC, and most will not like it. We won't get that great, proven, successful coach to replace Jack. So get your big boy pants on, 'cause it won't be pretty.

Replies: 73
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic