Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Caution against too much attention on stats & scores
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,198

Caution against too much attention on stats & scores

Nov 17, 2019, 8:11 PM

...or observations & opinions!
Dabo & the team have been successful from focusing on basic fundamentals, focus, and doing things The Clemson Way. Let’s just hope everyone stays with the formula that’s been working so far.

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Statements like this one are effective on T-NET

Nov 17, 2019, 10:12 PM

about 0.02 % of the time.
So we should pretty much just ignore it, right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Re: Statements like this one are effective on T-NET

Nov 17, 2019, 10:13 PM

Statistically , yes .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Caution against too much attention on stats & scores

Nov 17, 2019, 10:21 PM

CUnext said:

...or observations & opinions!
Dabo & the team have been successful from focusing on basic fundamentals, focus, and doing things The Clemson Way. Let’s just hope everyone stays with the formula that’s been working so far.

GO TIGERS!!!

I am sure it won't be hard for the coaches to get the players attention the next two weeks. It will be even easier moving forward.
Remember the year( I forget ) we went down to Columbia and CJ Spiller opened the game with a k/o return for a TD. We had the championship game that next week in the bag and basically lost focus the rest of that game.
People may disagree; but the Spurrier years helped solidify where we are today. Mistakes of those days were addressed and improved upon.
I am picking up what you are laying down 100% - this is no time to lose focus and get all worried about the wrong things. Windshield mentality.

BTW, I hate how some of the same reporters seem to want to get the coaches into thinking about "outside noise"! Whether it's coach speak or the truth: "they aren't going to do or say something that would cause a distraction reporters"! Relax on some of the questions that have to do with: things outside their control. Or things down the road when they still have work to do before then.
That's how you take one hand off the steering wheel and "lose control"!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oh geez, I remember that cj kickoff return TD year,

Nov 17, 2019, 11:36 PM

and thinking right off that game was gonna be a breeze. boy, that was disastrous.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: oh geez, I remember that cj kickoff return TD year,

Nov 17, 2019, 11:46 PM

IKR!

I think it taught a young coach how "not to get too high about the right now"! Reining the boys in has become a Dabo specialty. He does it in such a way you don't feel like he just told you; "ah you haven't done anything yet"! The best is yet to come, "if you work for it"!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,198
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic